General Discussion

The Grand Tour Season 3 Discussion Thread

hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 16 in General Discussion
two more days - it's like a second Christmas only better!

Comments

• RawelRawel Member Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone preordered the grand tour game? I wonder if if's gonna be decent, or just an attempt to milk some more money out of the franchise
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Member Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve never watched it, is it any good really? By the end of their time on Top Gear it was very stale and repetitive to watch. 
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve never watched it, is it any good really? By the end of their time on Top Gear it was very stale and repetitive to watch. 
    So, you're not coming on then?
  • OzzmanOzzman Member Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you didn't like TopGear, you probably won't like GrandTour either, because it's very similar. I have to admin I'm looking forward to TopGear as well. It's a shame LeBlanc is leaving, now that it was getting more and more enjoyable again.
  • hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems like the three of them had a bit of a better team around them when they were running under BBC flag. But the new show is still great and I love it! 
    Ozzman said:
    If you didn't like TopGear, you probably won't like GrandTour either, because it's very similar. I have to admin I'm looking forward to TopGear as well. It's a shame LeBlanc is leaving, now that it was getting more and more enjoyable again.
    Yes, I liked Top Gear again after the presenter refresh, I think it will be better again with Mcguinnes and Flintoff on it, I think Chris Harris is pretty good too so glad he is staying on. 
    Blue2moro said:
    I don’t get that. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Blue2moro said:
    I don’t get that. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    It's a running gag in the 1st 2 series of the new show.  Will have to see if it returns for the 3rd.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozzman said:
    It's a shame LeBlanc is leaving, now that it was getting more and more enjoyable again.
    What?  Lame.
    HeissRod said:
    Ozzman said:
    It's a shame LeBlanc is leaving, now that it was getting more and more enjoyable again.
    What?  Lame.
    Yeah, just one more season for him, after that only Harris will remain from the trio.
  • antonyhopantonyhop Member Posts: 102 ✭✭✭
    Rawel said:
    Anyone preordered the grand tour game? I wonder if if's gonna be decent, or just an attempt to milk some more money out of the franchise
    I was about to preorder but then i found some early gameplay on youtube and I was dissapointed. Very arcade driving physics and no interesting content
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozzman said:
    HeissRod said:
    Ozzman said:
    What?  Lame.
    Yeah, just one more season for him, after that only Harris will remain from the trio.
    I'm glad that the first guy left after one season.

Any idea why Matt is leaving?
  • O__VERO__VER Member Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    Ozzman said:
    HeissRod said:
    Ozzman said:
    What?  Lame.

Something about not enjoying living in the UK, so far away from family.
    O__VER said:
    HeissRod said:
    Ozzman said:
    HeissRod said:
    Ozzman said:
    What?  Lame.

Something about not enjoying living in the UK, so far away from family.
    Hey, I'm not exactly loving living in the UK either. Can I leave Top Gear too?
    edited January 17
    HeissRod said:
    Ozzman said:
    HeissRod said:
    Ozzman said:
    What?  Lame.

From season one always someone has to leave. Do you remember (yes it's tbt) Mister Depreciation from the absolutely first Top Gear season of the new format (2002)? 

Edit: clarification was required 
    Post edited by hillclimber on
    edited January 17
    Top Gear was never the same after Vicki Butler-Henderson left.
    Post edited by Gsearch on
  • bullet_splatterbullet_splatter Member Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭
    Episode 1 is up, watching now!
    Episode 1 is a Demon of a show.
  • lg29lg29 Member Posts: 681 ✭✭✭✭
    There was one laugh that they all made and it was so fake, you could tell.
    But aside from this, the first episode was pretty good.
  • antonyhopantonyhop Member Posts: 102 ✭✭✭
    edited January 18
    Here is the episode guide.  https://www.driving.co.uk/news/features/grand-tour-series-3-episode-guide/
    Episodes 2 and 3 will be interesting ! 

• bobdylanbobdylan Member Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watched it .... Always it's biggest critic. 
    Enjoyed it .
    Can't really fault it, really want a Sena even more than before 
    As far as entertainment goes not a lot out there to be able to say that's better .

When's top gear out ? 
    Personally not a fan of flintoff .
    I like Chris Harris  is be happy if it was just him alone .

If I was in charge of top gear it would be ...
    Chris Harris, Henry catchpole, Harry Metcalf a large American car dude who's name I can't find.. big bald guy always revising cars up n down the valley?  and Gordon Ramsay 

Guest testers Rowan Atkinson,  Jamiroquai 

And I feature every week where they take a none car loving comedian on a road trip to try turn em into car nuts.  

isn't it nice how they suited their content to our currently running event? 

can anyone explain why a hanging rear wing is better than a regular one?

• PW2PW2 Member Posts: 39
    isn't it nice how they suited their content to our currently running event? 

can anyone explain why a hanging rear wing is better than a regular one?

It's either to allow the wing to flatten a little a high speeds reducing drag, or to allow the underside of the wing to be as clean as possible because that's where you get more efficient downforce. I can't remember which as it was a while ago that I read it but more efficient downforce makes most sense to my little mind.

As for the show, I quite enjoyed it. It did seem that some parts were a bit too long and my gf rolled her eyes when I excitedly pointed out this weeks prize car, but overall I'm glad it's back. 

I wonder if they'll put some of those tuned mustangs in a future update? 
  • lg29lg29 Member Posts: 681 ✭✭✭✭
    bobdylan said:
    Enjoyed it .
    As far as entertainment goes not a lot out there to be able to say that's better .

When's top gear out ? 

Chris Harris, Henry catchpole, Harry Metcalf a large American car dude who's name I can't find.. big bald guy always revising cars up n down the valley?  and Gordon Ramsay 

And I feature every week where they take a none car loving comedian on a road trip to try turn em into car nuts.  

If I was in charge of Top Gear then I would bring back Clarkson, May, and Hammond 😂😂
  • Huskic69Huskic69 Member Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i like the games graphics but the physics feel like a 90s japanese arcade game 
  • mikesmikes Member Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bobdylan said:
    Enjoyed it .

When's top gear out ? 

You’re thinking of Matt Farah. Acquaintance/friend of mine. 
    HeissRod said:
    Ozzman said:
    What?  Lame.
  • RobGripesRobGripes Member Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never felt like the new top gear presenters had natural conversations. It always came across as scripted. 

I know they're all scripted but the old trio jist sseem so much more natural at it.
  • joel24joel24 Member Posts: 638 ✭✭✭
    Like the unscripted episode of the grand tour.