Storm of the Century [EVENT Mazda]

Comments

• JayJay Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RobGripes said:
    @Jay you gonna travel for this one?
    Yeah what's a good destination for a holiday?
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jay said:
    RobGripes said:

Phuket but that doesn't help escape the whales.

I think US personally is gonna be more likely to escape whales. However, if you land in a bracket with them you're screwed. They got maxed everything. I don't just mean Bugatti, all the whales seem to max everything.

But if you join 3rd day you can have a good sense of who is in where and the best to place to visit.

• HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 6,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RobGripes said:
    Jay said:
    RobGripes said:
    Phuket but that doesn't help escape the whales.

I think US personally is gonna be more likely to escape whales. However, if you land in a bracket with them you're screwed. They got maxed everything. I don't just mean Bugatti, all the whales seem to max everything.

But if you join 3rd day you can have a good sense of who is in where and the best to place to visit.
    <insert evil laugh>
  • SprungGeoduckSprungGeoduck Posts: 52 ✭✭✭
    Caved and spent my saved gold on a Mazda CF because I'm the only player in the world without a Furai. Got a second Cosmo. Seem to be doing pretty well in my bracket though!
  • TimButTimBut Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    so it seems like Top hand is 4 mazda furai and some 11rq mazda.  Guess top hands will ignore those city streets again.

• MSteeLMSteeL Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭✭✭
    10 carbons for prelims? Someone is getting greedy hihihihi
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CX9 or MPS for these tracks?
    TimBut said:
    so it seems like Top hand is 4 mazda furai and some 11rq mazda.  Guess top hands will ignore those city streets again.

No bumpy city streets 
    oh damn. I thought that I will finally use my MPS
  • Ernst_WomoErnst_Womo Posts: 225 ✭✭✭
    I know @ManU_B and @tichoblin . Is there anybody else in our bracket?
  • Carlos_RacineCarlos_Racine Posts: 145 ✭✭✭
    I know @ManU_B and @tichoblin . Is there anybody else in our bracket?
    CarlosRacine😀
    Now we have a problem. What shall we do? Open fight?
    @ManU_B, @tichoblin, @Carlos_Racine
  • James_PearceJames_Pearce Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD01055 said:
    The CX-9 beats a 333 Furai in most twisty tracks. Mine is actually proving pretty useful in this event. I’m running this: 

I’m fourth in my bracket with a 17-4 record - everyone else around me has played at least three times as many tickets. Not sure this’ll get me Tier 1 as some of my tunes aren’t optimal, but it’ll be comfortable for T2. 
  • Carlos_RacineCarlos_Racine Posts: 145 ✭✭✭
    Only the last hours, imho
  • pmglfvpmglfv Posts: 146 ✭✭✭
    TD01055 said:
    The CX-9 beats a 333 Furai in most twisty tracks. Mine is actually proving pretty useful in this event. I’m running this: 

I’m fourth in my bracket with a 17-4 record - everyone else around me has played at least three times as many tickets. Not sure this’ll get me Tier 1 as some of my tunes aren’t optimal, but it’ll be comfortable for T2. 
    Hi,
    what is the best tune for 6MPS 699 or 969?
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    TD01055 said:

Thanks. I’ll be running the same but so Cosmo so trying to figure out whether 2xCX9 or 2xMPS
  • greddygreddy Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No cx-9 will probably cost me tier2, and i thought i have decent mazda hand before this event. 
    Cosmo and mps are probably better than cx9
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a 969 MPS, 969 Cosmo but not much else that will help.  A couple B RX-7s not maxed, C RX-8s & Jota and most of the D/E Mazdas.  T3 may be a push.
    Twinkie said:
    Only the last hours, imho
    I think ernst cant fight🤔
    Why ?😎
  • tichoblintichoblin Posts: 950 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cosmo 699 or 969?

tichoblin said:
    Cosmo 699 or 969?

I have him in 969 but I haven‘t found a 699 to compare. 😜
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hutch_Tim out of curiosity, what are the actual drop rates for carbons like mazda where there are no legends? Is there an increased epic chance? Is everything else increased?
  • EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Posts: 673 ✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    Jay said:
    Hrmm. The porsche finals are going to suck.
    Are they Porsche finals?  Not sure if I'm convinced it's Porsche x5.  Did you notice how every prize car being offered is from the 1970s, then Hutch is giving away a multi-year pack in a few days.  I'll wait to see what the prizes are for the prelims before predicting anything.
    Except the packs are Porsches, not 70s. The prelims may have a 70s requirement, the finals will be Porsche. 
  • Hutch_TimHutch_Tim Posts: 648 admin
    @Hutch_Tim out of curiosity, what are the actual drop rates for carbons like mazda where there are no legends? Is there an increased epic chance? Is everything else increased?
    Yes - specifically if a Legendary "would" have dropped, you'll get an epic instead.

So for the Mazda pack, there's a 3.25% chance card 4 will be an Epic (2.75% Epic chance + the 0.5% Legendary chance from a regular CF), and a 20.25% chance card 5 will be an Epic (17.75% Epic chance + 2.5% Legendary chance from a regular CF)

Overall chance of pulling an epic from a Mazda pack is therefore 1 - (1 - 3.25%)*(1 - 20.25%) = 22.8%. And of course, there's only 1 epic it can be.
  • bluedogsnoopbluedogsnoop Posts: 714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    Jay said:
    Hrmm. The porsche finals are going to suck.
    Are they Porsche finals?  Not sure if I'm convinced it's Porsche x5.  Did you notice how every prize car being offered is from the 1970s, then Hutch is giving away a multi-year pack in a few days.  I'll wait to see what the prizes are for the prelims before predicting anything.
    Except the packs are Porsches, not 70s. The prelims may have a 70s requirement, the finals will be Porsche. 
    The prelims is a Porsche event (its listed now) so there is every chance that the finals could be 70s or selected decades. 
  • kaje73kaje73 Posts: 256 ✭✭✭

I’m trying to decide whether I have any chance of a tier2 with this hand, or whether I should buy a Mazda pack. The CX-9 will be maxed. I don’t have a cosmo or MPS hence why I’ve stuck the 787B in there. Is it a total liability on its slicks?
  • kaje73kaje73 Posts: 256 ✭✭✭
    Hvalen said:
    kaje73 said:

I’m trying to decide whether I have any chance of a tier2 with this hand, or whether I should buy a Mazda pack. The CX-9 will be maxed. I don’t have a cosmo or MPS hence why I’ve stuck the 787B in there. Is it a total liability on its slicks?
    Don't use the 787b. I think any common std tire car is better in the rain.
    Eesh - it’s that bad? Ok, then no Cosmo or MPS means no chance for me then.