Storm of the Century [EVENT Mazda]

Comments

• RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RobGripes said:
    yeh the count at T-minus -20 hours is 146 in the 1st Gen Asian bracket .

@jiga was right about how even some whales might late join in events so there is no way to get out of facing whales here. 

I thought the US would have the largest player base, but if it is EU then that is where I'm headed. Seems like the US server with @Jay is full of forumers now too.

So EU / US players, how many brackets in a main final would be open at the end?

In AS I think the most I have ever seen is 4 full ones plus new 5/6. Nowadays, it is only 4 full ones. so less than 2000 players.

Question....  Is the total player base really that low?
    would be very intresting to know the real activ numbers of players, not just downloads...

For AS region, we had higher numbers a year ago.

I remember finals would keep filling and I'd estimate that 6 full brackets, possibly more even.

Due to attrition and VPN those numbers have dropped snd now we will have 2 full brackets, and two half-filled ones.
    The whale percentage is in my view higher, so we still get top 8 filled with whales despite unfilled brackets. Not too much fodder about.

I keep thinking that the game loses its interest if people think they can't complete their collections. It might even be seen in the data that the highest attrition rates of players are the markets which now have the same priced gold, but lower mean income. New players from low-income markets probably enjoy the campaign, realise multiplayer is too tough and they lose interest. Just a theory.

• Evil_RabbitEvil_Rabbit Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    RobGripes said:
    RobGripes said:

@jiga was right about how even some whales might late join in events so there is no way to get out of facing whales here. 

I thought the US would have the largest player base, but if it is EU then that is where I'm headed. Seems like the US server with @Jay is full of forumers now too.

In AS I think the most I have ever seen is 4 full ones plus new 5/6. Nowadays, it is only 4 full ones. so less than 2000 players.

would be very intresting to know the real activ numbers of players, not just downloads...

I remember finals would keep filling and I'd estimate that 6 full brackets, possibly more even.

Due to attrition and VPN those numbers have dropped snd now we will have 2 full brackets, and two half-filled ones.
    The whale percentage is in my view higher, so we still get top 8 filled with whales despite unfilled brackets. Not too much fodder about.

I keep thinking that the game loses its interest if people think they can't complete their collections. It might even be seen in the data that the highest attrition rates of players are the markets which now have the same priced gold, but lower mean income. New players from low-income markets probably enjoy the campaign, realise multiplayer is too tough and they lose interest. Just a theory.

My 2 cents are exactly the same, when I started playing 14-15 months ago it was always different players in my bracket.
    Now a days its always the same ppl nomatter when I join a event.
    always the same at top 10, some events a different pool of ppl but usally the same top 20-30 players.
    It gets harder and harder to compete since Ive stopped spending money in to this game.

without new fish comming in its goona end up like a whale graveyard
  • mazeoopsmazeoops Posts: 943 ✭✭✭✭
    Jay said:
    @mazeoops Do you want me to drop down and feed you some wins?
    Thanks for your offer, but i have no hope in this bracket. 
  • FCOKFCOK Posts: 173 ✭✭✭
    RobGripes said:

Well,  this is what my phone says... around 12-15k. But it doesn't split by region
  • vladimir1989vladimir1989 Posts: 396 ✭✭✭
    @mauro07
    Hi mauro can we work here for a 1-2 position?
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sure.. i see you.. i attack all non forumers arond me!! :)
  • UltimateUltimate Posts: 777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mauro07 said:
    EU bracket? How many?
    Ultimate said:
    mauro07 said:
    EU bracket? How many?
    He wites on wrong tread, sorry!
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FCOK said:
    RobGripes said:

Well,  this is what my phone says... around 12-15k. But it doesn't split by region
    What app is that or is that in the play store somewhere?
  • poldeeepoldeee Posts: 127 ✭✭✭
    @MSteeL @LEGENDNADA @Jaco @DeserT anyone else friendly here? I hope I can stay in top10, pretty strong hands on top :) 
  • DeserTDeserT Posts: 502 ✭✭✭✭
    poldeee said:
    @MSteeL @LEGENDNADA @Jaco @DeserT anyone else friendly here? I hope I can stay in top10, pretty strong hands on top :) 
    Not just strong hands, top2 are running 4 Furais and I’m even thinking to upgrade a 4th one... Just a waste though, needing 4 copies of the same epic for one event
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RobGripes said:
    RobGripes said:

My 2 cents are exactly the same, when I started playing 14-15 months ago it was always different players in my bracket.
    always the same at top 10, some events a different pool of ppl but usally the same top 20-30 players.
    It gets harder and harder to compete since Ive stopped spending money in to this game.

in my understanding events other than the finals are all trophy based. i agree about just few brackets for all those blessed with 6k+ trophys, i see familiar names everyday. probably there a quite some lower rq and trophy brackets running.
    what is clear... there is a huge gap between downloads and active players, but that in the nature of f2p/p2w games i guess.
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RobGripes said:
    RobGripes said:

in my understanding events other than the finals are all trophy based. i agree about just few brackets for all those blessed with 6k+ trophys, i see familiar names everyday. probably there a quite some lower rq and trophy brackets running.
    what is clear... there is a huge gap between downloads and active players, but that in the nature of f2p/p2w games i guess.
    My question has always been, what happened after TopDrives99999? Also I imagine a lot of those 5 million downloads were people trying to restart the game, I did it a few times
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There’s about 5k maximum worldwide actively playing would be my guess

That low? I am thinking 4 AS brackets, 8 EU, 6 US? 

18*500 is 9000, minus about 20% for them not being full... around 7500 for a nice round number?
    RobGripes said:

18*500 is 9000, minus about 20% for them not being full... around 7500 for a nice round number?
    Obviously I’m just guessing 😄

For this event, and I could be wrong if someone knows, but I think US are probably still on the first 2 brackets? EU I think for sure are only on 4 and Asia I don’t know about but again I’ll guess at 2. 
    That’s sub 2.5k, even if I’m a couple of brackets out it’s still going to be under 5k, there are obviously those brackets for sub 140 RQ but I don’t count them as actively playing. 
    RobGripes said:

For this event, and I could be wrong if someone knows, but I think US are probably still on the first 2 brackets? EU I think for sure are only on 4 and Asia I don’t know about but again I’ll guess at 2. 
    That’s sub 2.5k, even if I’m a couple of brackets out it’s still going to be under 5k, there are obviously those brackets for sub 140 RQ but I don’t count them as actively playing. 
    This event seems particularly bad. I would guess a top level prize car means people with good-ish or bad hands are holding back. Lot of lurkers will be reading this forum, seeing 4 furai and thinking no thanks.
    TD01055 said:
    RobGripes said:

This event seems particularly bad. I would guess a top level prize car means people with good-ish or bad hands are holding back. Lot of lurkers will be reading this forum, seeing 4 furai and thinking no thanks.
    Me included. 
  • MSteeLMSteeL Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭✭✭
    poldeee said:
    Ill avoid you, trying to stay top 10. Not wasting more B's atm, though that Carrera is a great car... 
    When they do a mazda event, with this rq and this tracks, you can wait only 4 furai, no other good cars... they can do something better and do an event with 2 manufacters or a nation restriction....
  • hillclimberhillclimber Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD01055 said:
    RobGripes said:
    RobGripes said:

My question has always been, what happened after TopDrives99999? Also I imagine a lot of those 5 million downloads were people trying to restart the game, I did it a few times
    hutch gives out the same number multiple times, I have evidence.
  • TryMe8TryMe8 Posts: 68 ✭✭
    Anyone here, other than @TopDrives40778, can't get higher than 11-14th.  Need some assistance getting into the top 10.  Any help greatly appreciated.
    TD01055 said:
    RobGripes said:
    RobGripes said:

hutch gives out the same number multiple times, I have evidence.
    Ah good to know. I thought I’d have noticed if there were 20 other 01055’s about
  • poldeeepoldeee Posts: 127 ✭✭✭
    MSteeL said:
    poldeee said:
    Ill avoid you, trying to stay top 10. Not wasting more B's atm, though that Carrera is a great car... 
    Mamo to💪😁
  • JacoJaco Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭✭✭
    poldeee said:
    Hi there,

Let's corporate and try to push @DeserT i  top 2 in the end. So that at least one of us will get that beauty
  • FCOKFCOK Posts: 173 ✭✭✭
    Blue2moro said:
    FCOK said:
    RobGripes said:

What app is that or is that in the play store somewhere?
    It's not an app. Just game details option
  • MSteeLMSteeL Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaco said:
    poldeee said:
    Hi there,

Let's corporate and try to push @DeserT i  top 2 in the end. So that at least one of us will get that beauty
    Im not strong enough to get up there mate lol. Getting bumped out of top 10 frequently... 
    edited January 2019
    would looooove to know how many players there are joining in the last hour 

@Hutch_Tim I know you got the data, please share!  :)
  • lonelyterroristlonelyterrorist Posts: 133 ✭✭✭
    RobGripes said:
    would looooove to know how many players there are joining in the last hour 

@Hutch_Tim I know you got the data, please share!  :)
    Last hour and last 20 seconds too!