General Discussion

Unbelievable results

Comments

• vladimir1989vladimir1989 Member Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    Well it's a Dodge and you have raced it 500+ times. How many miles does it have? If it has low mileage, get rid of it or else drive it till the wheels fall off.
    But it comes with bumper to bumper warranty.
    :smiley:

• TD01055TD01055 Member Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well that's literally why they renamed it to Handling..
    So a catherham or lotus are worst at handling than some of the SUVs? 

Handling is only the visible part of how quickly it makes it round a track, Race results take into account weight and other bits. You don’t see suvs beating caterhams on twisty stuff.
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Member Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One more fuse on the Macan would probably clinch it against the 360:

But the 270 gets stomped by over 2 seconds:

It *feels* wrong, but as with a lot of results, I’d love to see it in real life. The Macan IS monster fast...
  • TimButTimBut Member Posts: 841 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which track is it? I can test with 969 Macan
  • MoogMoog Member Posts: 325 ✭✭✭
    I found a few RL laptimes for comparison... ok so the type of Caterham varies and they're all quicker than the 270 listed AND it's the Porsche Macan Turbo (400PS) rather than the S version with Perf Pack:
    Hockenheim Short
    Caterham R300 Superlight - 1:13.30
    Porsche Macan Turbo - 1:16.10

Knutstrop
    Cat R500 - 1:09.60
    Porsche Macan Turbo - 1:14.10

Sachsenring
    Cat Seven 485R - 1:37.97
    Porsche Macan Turbo - 1:43.36

Tsukuba
    Cat R300 Superlight - 1:05.91
    Porsche Macan Turbo - 1:07.45
    Moog said:
    Well that's literally why they renamed it to Handling..
    So a catherham or lotus are worst at handling than some of the SUVs? 

My favourite is the Jaguar Trans-Am race car with slicks handling worse than a Nissan Qashqai
    Lol I have something even better,
    GMC Yukon XL 3876 KG, Allsurface tires Handling 75 same as the Jaguar :D
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Todays daily. My 363 12C loses to 333 12C on the 1 mile gravel drag..."better MRA"...

• Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My stealth upgrade 12C usually wins on drags. Not on gravel though it seems.
  • SubaruLover04SubaruLover04 Member Posts: 427 ✭✭✭✭
    I know the evo has bad mra, but damn really? 
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Member Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It finishes barely ahead of the ultra rare impreza wrx on 1 mile
    It finishes barely ahead of the ultra rare impreza wrx on 1 mile
    Whoever watched Initial D knows that Evos are not good :P
  • James_PearceJames_Pearce Member Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Rex is 666 versus theirs being 633. Mine has higher top speed, lower 0-60, better handling, and is lighter. I lose the hairpin (and the City Streets as well). Reason? Their car has faster off-the-line acceleration. Even if it did (and why would it?) the race isn’t 10 feet long. My faster, lighter, better handling car would make up that initial disadvantage, especially in the wet where handling is key. Or not, apparently. 

• O__VERO__VER Member Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Twinkie said:

I dont get why red cars are always better than others...
    Exaclty Same weight.... same tune... i have better mra... lower 0-60... but i dont win
    What is this?
    To be honest there are loads of really unpredictable results in this event. It's a close your eyes and cross your fingers that you win situation.
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 5,158 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hvalen said:
    Twinkie said:

I dont get why red cars are always better than others...
    Exaclty Same weight.... same tune... i have better mra... lower 0-60... but i dont win
    What is this?

red cars have a speedboost confirmed
    save up for ferrari update
  • NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Member Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Twinkie said:
    Why is the macan perf pack that bad?
    Because it not fully upgraded 
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Member Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Engine upgrade give grip issue maybe?
  • NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Member Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Twinkie said:
    Twinkie said:
    Why is it now able to win against a 27rq macan at 1.3 in haiprin road? Or to wjn againsg other 1.3 legendaries with worse stats?
    I can't help you with that one but engine upgrades give a big boost on offroad races 
  • TD42792TD42792 Member Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Twinkie said:
    Twinkie said:
    Why is it now able to win against a 27rq macan at 1.3 in haiprin road? Or to wjn againsg other 1.3 legendaries with worse stats?
    I can't help you with that one but engine upgrades give a big boost on offroad races 
    Why do they do that though, makes no sense
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Member Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD42792 said:
    Twinkie said:
    Twinkie said:
    @Hutch_Tim has mentioned that for some unknown reason, engine upgrades also increase traction. This is why 969 is 99% of the time the optimal tune for cars that will be used in adverse conditions.
  • TD01055TD01055 Member Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 28
    TD42792 said:
    Twinkie said:
    Twinkie said:
    @Hutch_Tim has mentioned that for some unknown reason, engine upgrades also increase traction. This is why 969 is 99% of the time the optimal tune for cars that will be used in adverse conditions.
    I think it was that off-road drags are often traction-limited for the whole race, so a 933 would draw with a 333. To combat this each engine upgrade adds a tickle of traction. I think...
    With the Macan Turbo PP, I found the the regular white one was beating it on most tracks despite being heavier. I think that was pre-pl7 changes, and mostly off-road.
    Mine is 369 now and wins most stuff at last. 
  • TD42792TD42792 Member Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD42792 said:
    Twinkie said:
    Twinkie said:
    Yeah I know, but why does engine upgrade increase traction? Shouldnt traction only be a factor of weight and tires (and drive type)? And handling for corners. But not power. This is what messes a lot of the weird results it seems.
    edited March 29
    @TD42792 there was a whole thread on EUTB a while back. Hutch said they would take a look at whether it should be removed or reduced, but I don’t think that will happen any time soon. 

If they called the engine upgrade ‘drivetrain’ instead it would make more sense - upgrading the engine, TCS, differentials, clutches etc like in Gran Turismo. But it’s way too strong right now making a 969 Audi RS7 beat the 363 918 spider on wet slalom which is silly. 
  • Ivo_KamburovIvo_Kamburov Member Posts: 717 ✭✭✭✭
    I know that Hutch said they're working on the 0-60 traction bug, but here's further encouragement to not overthink "what's possible with RWD" 

• Ivo_KamburovIvo_Kamburov Member Posts: 717 ✭✭✭✭
    Twinkie said:
    I know that Hutch said they're working on the 0-60 traction bug, but here's further encouragement to not overthink "what's possible with RWD" 
    Stock?
    No, it's not stock at all of course, but it does 0-60 in 2 seconds with RWD, so that's what I was pointing out 
  • RawelRawel Member Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't expect that