Unbelievable results

Comments

• bobdylanbobdylan Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmpfff
  • lonelyterroristlonelyterrorist Posts: 133 ✭✭✭

Nah, 699 doesn't matter on Twisty Circuit. Pointless tunes now
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hill Climbs are totally unpredictable. Careful in the challenge.

• HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That Fiat has crazy performance
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    That Fiat has crazy performance
    Or the rover hasn't anymore. or maybe the hill is broken.

• OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 10
    The two Campagnolas were always strange to me. Looking at their stats, they are very similar to the Mehari, but they are both much heavier. Yet the Mehari is only RQ4 while the Fiats are RQ7 and RQ11. Even the difference between the two Campagnolas is strange. Might have something to do with the difference in power, as the Mehari has much less power and torque, but still.
    Also IIRC the Fiats have magical off-the-line acceleration, that also might cause some strange results.
    A little comparison of D-E-F offroaders on sand hill climb:
    Let's look at the first two rows. Why is the RAM faster than the Merc? Well looking at the stats you'd think because the RAM has better acceleration (slightly) and higher torque. OK, so those seem important. Let's see the Merc vs the Range Rover Mk 1. Accerleration difference is similar but even though the Mk 1 is more than 250kg lighter, has similar torque, it can't compensate the slower acceleration, so again, acceleration matters. And then there's the RQ11 Campagnola vs the Defender 90. The Fiat is much slower to 60, has much less torque and power, the weight difference is more significant than between the Mk1 and the Merc (not so significant against the Blazer), yet the Fiat beats both the Defender and the Blazer. The former even has TC and ABS (not sure it matters, but TC probably should). Something's not right here.
    Post edited by Ozzman on
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 830 ✭✭✭✭✭

PL 11.1 as far as I know
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭✭✭

PL 11.1 as far as I know
    Yeah, 936 seems to be the slalom tune now.

• MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 830 ✭✭✭✭✭

PL 11.1 as far as I know

This patch was again a step forward and two backwards...
  • lonelyterroristlonelyterrorist Posts: 133 ✭✭✭

PL 11.1 as far as I know

They are absolutely useless. 
  • kaje73kaje73 Posts: 256 ✭✭✭
    Assuming the results of every race/every car/every tune are saved in a database each time they run the resolver, surely creating a few test queries to identify whether there are issues should be straightforward, and necessary.
    Examples
    "are there occurrences where a not fully tuned car beats a fully tuned version of the same car"
    "are there occurrences where a car with lesser stats on less favourable tires/drive traction win on hill climb"
  • RawelRawel Posts: 861 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaje73 said:
    "are there occurrences where a not fully tuned car beats a fully tuned version of the same car"
    It's not that easy. 996 maxed car can lose to a not maxed 399 on slaloms and g-force and it makes sense. 
  • mikesmikes Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes snow courses are like just rolling dice and hoping for the best

• OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Must be ETB still I guess.
  • kaje73kaje73 Posts: 256 ✭✭✭
    Rawel said:
    kaje73 said:
    It's not that easy. 996 maxed car can lose to a not maxed 399 on slaloms and g-force and it makes sense. 
    ..and that's fine, there will be acceptable exceptions, but at least the list of results should also identify if there are clearly wrong outcomes, rather than us do the QA.
    Could even structure the test to exclude 996 vs 399 on slaloms & gforce if that is deemed an acceptable exception.

Tests could get quite complex, so start with simple ones to find the blatant issues, and then once those are resolved, look for edge cases.
  • RWareRWare Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Off Road > All Surface on Sand

Huge bonus
  • goshkogoshko Posts: 71 ✭✭✭
    RWare said:
    Off Road > All Surface on Sand

Huge bonus
    Yeah I know, but I am pretty sure that this result did not happen in previous updates. It seems to me that off road tracks have been reworked and cars with high acceleration suffer on tracks like hairpin road (as seen from the bugatti finals aswell), but maybe I am imagining things 
  • RWareRWare Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually there has been a change - can't comment on Sand but the Pikes Peak we were comparing times when PL11 hit

Pikes Peak Ice Slalom (636)
    PL 11: 1.36.85
    PL 11.1 1.41.39

I need to run some more tests. Be back with more data later
  • LEGENDNADALEGENDNADA Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭✭

This one is a shame.... @HeissRod @TopDrives40778 please add it to corrections if possible 
  • hifichrishifichris Posts: 441 ✭✭✭

Pathetic
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what is the weight for this cars? maybe one have more KG
  • hifichrishifichris Posts: 441 ✭✭✭
    mauro07 said:
    The heaviers wins
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hifichris said:
    mauro07 said: