Skip to content

Unbelievable results

Comments

• NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another stupid result 
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that the Alp hill climb?  Hutch mentioned a while back that it had some curves in it, so 969 should do better.
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    Is that the Alp hill climb?  Hutch mentioned a while back that it had some curves in it, so 969 should do better.
    Yup. My G55 lost to a Volvo so all bets are off on that one. Grip is important 
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    May as well flip coins for hill climb results. 996 RR v 699 G63

I know right. When I saw it was 699 I thought that race was in the bag.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavier car wins on dirt?  I don’t remember.  Both 333.

• 43MK443MK4 Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bobdylan said:
    ooooh
    Ooooh yea that reminds how I felt when I pulled my first legendary - panamera - and find out that it can’t beat camaro in Monaco 10 on fast circuit!
  • krystiankrystian Posts: 653 ✭✭✭✭
    330 vs 330..Widebody is also faster on test bowl.. @Hutch_Tim why?
    It's going to come down to the fact the leg challenger struggles for traction even on a dry drag, let alone a wet one.
  • hillclimberhillclimber Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    krystian said:
    330 vs 330..Widebody is also faster on test bowl.. @Hutch_Tim why?
    long version
    http://forums.hutchgames.com/discussion/6334/dodge-challenger-srt-demon-testing-and-fixing-thread#latest

short version
    Demon is broken

medium-long version
    you wasted 15 epics.

lol, hutch is working on a fix but it needs to be done to the physics not the car, so it could take a while. the 720S is suffering under the same bug and for the same reason the P1 GTR and the COPOs are not available. 
  • TreyWelshTreyWelsh Posts: 149 ✭✭✭
    Blue2moro said:
    It's going to come down to the fact the leg challenger struggles for traction even on a dry drag, let alone a wet one.
    That's not correct...1/4 and 1/2 Mile wins the Demon. When it is about traction problems why he wins the short courses?
  • vladimir1989vladimir1989 Posts: 405 ✭✭✭
    I have a feeling the results are not consistent at all. For example the 1/4 demon is better than the hellcat yet we get an answer that the car is too fast for the game and cannot put the power down. But somehow it loses the 1 mile race which has less to do with traction and putting the power down (less than 1/4 mile). So in conclusion, I have a feeling that no one actually knows what is going on and we are just trying to give solutions without even knowing the real issues.
    We are giving logical and less logical answers but no one knows the science behind it. A popular story was that on hill climb a heavier car should go faster due to better grip. Which doesn't really make any sense. Now we have the demon story where it apparently cannot put the power down, yet it does.
    Or the one which bother's me the most, why are 80's cars better at wet, dirt tracks than modern cars? 
  • krystiankrystian Posts: 653 ✭✭✭✭
    Blue2moro said:
    No it doesn't struggles with traction.Is much quicker from standing start than widebody even on wet but after let say 1/2 mile widebody accelerating quicker than demon
  • TimButTimBut Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    720s also became better on 1/4 1/2 mile but worse on 1 mile, so its not about losing traction at the start, seems more that MRA is broken. 
    krystian said:
    Blue2moro said:
    No it doesn't struggles with traction.Is much quicker from standing start than widebody even on wet but after let say 1/2 mile widebody accelerating quicker than demon
    Sorry, not having a demon myself I based my statement on hutch responses I've seen. Just raced my green hellcat against a demon and noticed what you say, that the epic hellcat just powers away in the late part of the drag.
  • hillclimberhillclimber Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most likely explanation for the missing MRA is Hutch has insufficient data about the Demon. they found a 0-60 mph time (2.3s), a 1/4 mile time (9.65s) and maybe a 1/2 mile time but not a 1 mile time. so they took a cautious estimation/calculation until reliable data is available. Like they did with the Glickenhaus.
    I prefer leaving room for improvement over nerfing them later.
  • TimButTimBut Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I like the way Hutch improved ZL1 1LE, despite rq increase.  I hope demon and 720s could be also improved same way. 
  • Ivo_KamburovIvo_Kamburov Posts: 821 ✭✭✭✭
    Well I've been saying that the Hellcats' MRA is better than irl
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Result was as expected but way closer than it should have been. To the naked eye they finished at the same time. 

Result was as expected but way closer than it should have been. To the naked eye they finished at the same time. 

The jag has 6 little engine upgrade traction bonuses over the Porsche (assuming its 333?), guess that makes A difference and closes the gap
    Porsche is 663
  • Ivo_KamburovIvo_Kamburov Posts: 821 ✭✭✭✭
    TD01055 said:

The jag has 6 little engine upgrade traction bonuses over the Porsche (assuming its 333?), guess that makes A difference and closes the gap
    I can confirm that these bonuses make a big difference in off-road conditions:
    969 vs 339 Dakar

Almost 2 seconds faster, whereas the difference between these same 2 cars on the Rally Cross Small Circuit was only 0:46 
    So is this something that’s getting looked at or is it meant to be like this for some bizarre reason?
    So is this something that’s getting looked at or is it meant to be like this for some bizarre reason?
    (I think) They added it so engine upgrades made a difference in traction-limited drags. 000 cars would draw with 900 cars on ice for example if it had the yellow triangle. They’ve agreed to look at it, but it would be a massive change, the 969 rule for off-roaders would be out the window. @Hutch_Tim?
  • rkorallerkoralle Posts: 742 ✭✭✭
    You are asking for realistic results?
    Look at the handling of that Ford Raptor OFF
    Monster and of the Caterham Seven 160 and you wont ask anymore...
  • rkorallerkoralle Posts: 742 ✭✭✭
    Haha!

• MSRZ23MSRZ23 Posts: 98 ✭✭✭
    This one confuses me. Is ABS and TC good or bad for offroad?

I have seen similar things happen on wet slalom as well.