8.0 Progress Update

Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Posts: 925 admin
edited April 2019 in General Discussion
Summary

Club Events need more time to ensure high stability, to further test some of the key components, and to improve the user experience. As we want to spend more time, we're separating out the cars, environment, and a couple of quality of life features out for release by the end of the month.

Why are Club Events taking so much time?

While Club Events are based on regular events, they add in a whole bunch of new ideas: choosing events, playing on a shared map, playing cross-region, the map updating in real time, attacking teams, defending teams. These things not only are a lot of work, but need a lot of testing. So we're at the stage where the feature is broadly finished, but we want to test the feature really thoroughly.

In testing the feature, we're fixing edge case bugs, fixing animations, load-testing events to increase their resiliency, playtesting the feature for balance, and looking for ways to make the gameplay clearer and provide the user with more information. Simply, we want to spend more time doing these things. The Top Drives Show will echo these points.

What's next?

We want to spend more time getting things right with Club Events, so we're first going to release an update that includes cars, the new environment, a couple of quality of life fixes, and tools that will help us improve event stability in Asia first. Then, when we are ready, we'll launch an update with Club Events. The initial content update will be released by the end of the month.

That update will include 175 cars, our largest car update to date. Expect a French rebirth in Top Drives through our French Renaissance collection, adding Peugeot and new models from existing manufacturers. Additionally, further player requested models will be added to the American Dream collection. You will be able to race across treacherous mountain trails in our new environment. Quality of life features introduced will display times at the end of races and event filters showing cars that meet both criteria (and rather than or).

Thanks for your patience - we really are very eager to release the feature. Insert joke to lighten the mood.
Post edited by Hutch_Robin on

Comments

• RexKwonDoRexKwonDo Posts: 66 ✭✭✭
    Thanks @Hutch_Robin!  175 new cars is massive!  Looking forward to it!
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice... but we need to wait a lot for new cars and summer for new clubs events.. my hype is like the Mariana Trench
  • MartyoMartyo Posts: 40 ✭✭
    mauro07 said:
    nice... but we need to wait a lot for new cars and summer for new clubs events.. my hype is like the Mariana Trench
    You're still that hyped? I'm down right next to the earth's core
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My level of hype can only be measured on the quantum scale.
  • LEGENDNADALEGENDNADA Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    So the cars update is at the end of this month right? can we get a spreadsheet for rq changes these days? 

And will there be any tri-series event before the update comes out or we will have a long break?
  • TimButTimBut Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope that you wont try to take advantage from new cars update and clubs release by making us play some French map and throwing limitless French cfs 
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So only french cars besides the AD cars... I have an image for this.
    Fail.  You apparently missed out on some math.  175 announced cars - 64 released cars = 111 unknowns.
  • mikesmikes Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And no mention that half of those cars are American.
  • GT47LMGT47LM Posts: 424 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    MSRZ23 said:
    Its always nice to have more diversity in the game but getting a specific car is going to get even harder with this and future updates. Can we consider changing the drop rate of premium packs to match ceramic packs? 

I think the solution they used for the problem is implementing more country and update specific car packs. You can expect these to follow the trend of having a higher price than regular car packs 
  • GT47LMGT47LM Posts: 424 ✭✭✭✭
    Any word on the single player update? The one where you can play an unlimited amount of times and to your hearts content? Or did I miss an announcement on that already? 
  • ATSR_997ATSR_997 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here comes the French Revolution filter. Or should I say the French Revolution pay wall?
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GT47LM said:
    Any word on the single player update? The one where you can play an unlimited amount of times and to your hearts content? Or did I miss an announcement on that already? 
    Yeh, I thought that was going to be in 8.0, wasn’t expecting the club events yet. 
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GT47LM said:
    Yeh, I thought that was going to be in 8.0, wasn’t expecting the club events yet. 
    From my understanding, the clubs thing IS the mode where you can play until all your cars need servicing (it's not entirely unlimited but prizes are shittier). It's also the mode that's set to replace the daily event. I don't recall them ever talking about a single player update though...

I could be wrong. It's all a bit confusing.
  • mikesmikes Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    O__VER said:
    GT47LM said:
    From my understanding, the clubs thing IS the mode where you can play until all your cars need servicing (it's not entirely unlimited but prizes are shittier). It's also the mode that's set to replace the daily event. I don't recall them ever talking about a single player update though...

Yeah. That’s my understanding as well. 
  • MSteeLMSteeL Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any news about traction and point accumulation on hill climbs? 
  • hillclimberhillclimber Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikes said:
    O__VER said:
    GT47LM said:

Yeah. That’s my understanding as well. 
    from what I remember reading I thought in that mode there is no limitation by servicing.
  • rei348rei348 Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭✭
    @Martyo, sorry I think I put a disagree on your post by misclick on my mobile, hope it is gone now
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So club events are like clan races?
    So we will have to be in a certain clan and do our clan bidding to prosper in the game?

I am not really a fan of this. I mean if I have to have a team of people and then get pressure to play with them... I quit a lot of games because of that.
    I used to play World of Tanks and this was one of the major reasons I stopped playing the game.
    I’m quite worried about this too. Every explanation of the clans thing that I’ve seen has been very vague so far. I don’t know what clans are but it all sounds a bit world of Warcraft to me. 

I guess we should reserve judgement until it happens, but it’d be helpful to see a thorough explanation of what it all means pitched at ‘non gamers’ like me. 
  • hillclimberhillclimber Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    as a side note; I don't know if the term clan is in today's use something to strive for. In some regions it's just another word for half gang half mafia and they make little holes in humans too. I don't know if that needs any glorification. 
    Maybe hutch wants to reconsider?
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope i can grind daily too.. because not a lot of time to play for maps... a lot of people work and cannot play all day long...
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mauro07 said:
    Hope i can grind daily too.. because not a lot of time to play for maps... a lot of people work and cannot play all day long...
    But if you work all day then you can’t grind the daily anyway? This should allow you to play more (almost unlimited) when you have the time from what I understand. And for equivalent earnings - probably dressed up slightly differently
  • Nacho101Nacho101 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if you will be able to select the faction/clan or if it will be random
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as I don’t have to walk around town holding my phone in front of my face trying to find an augmented reality Peugeot 1007 to add to my collection, that sounds good to me. 
    I've only ever seen one person play Pokemon Go in AR mode in public and they looked like a complete idiot.

It does seem like we'll be able to choose a team though, and they are split by American, European (German?) and Japanese themes. So I am betting there will be some arguments between friends about which team to team up within.