IRGP Pro Circuit - Win the Chevrolet Corvette ZR1!

Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Posts: 843 admin
edited March 31 in General Discussion

The International Racing Grand Prix is announcing its inaugural knockout tournament, the IRGP Pro Circuit!

Racers must place in the top 20 in multiple events to win certain prize cars to progress through each round. The Pro Circuit Finals will award the  champions the Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 prize car.

You won’t need to race with the awarded prize cars - so no need to rack up the mileage. They function as tickets that authorise you access to the later rounds. Events will features racers of varied RQ and Trophy levels. This is a test of the strength of your garage and your resolve.  Each event has different criteria and tracks. You’ll be rewarded for your ability to adapt and prosper under varied conditions.

Summary

1. Compete in Qualifier (Q) events to win 3 Smart Fortwo EVs

2. Enter the Fortwo EV Progression event with those cars (and two more Smart cars) to claim your guaranteed Rover 220 Coupé Turbo - granting you access to Challenger events

3. Compete in Challenger (C) events to win 2 additional Rover 220 Coupé Turbo

4. Enter the Rover 220 Coupé Turbo Progression event with those cars (and two more Rovers) to claim your guaranteed Plymouth Superbird - granting you access to the Finals

5. Compete in the IRGP Pro Circuit Finals!

Every Qualifying event, where the name begins with (Q), awards the Smart Fortwo EV prize car to the top 20.

If you have earned the Smart Car Fortwo EV in previous competition, the IRGP are recognising your achievement as one of the three necessary victories in the Qualifying round. You will be one event closer to the next round before even stepping foot (wheels?) on the track!

1) Place in the top 20 in THREE Qualifying events to win 3 Smart Fortwo EVs!

(If you have previously won the Fortwo EV, place in the top 20 in TWO Qualifying events.)

QUALIFIER SERIES

Nine 48-hour events, beginning in 8 hour intervals from Wednesday 6th at 2pm (UTC):

(Q) Classic Car Meet
(Q) City Racing League
(Q) Icebreaker League
(Q) Street Meet
(Q) Storm Series
(Q) Rally League
(Q) Pacific Coast Clash
(Q) Port Hercules Cup
(Q) Zephyr Cup
Fortwo EV Progression Event

2) You must have 3 Smart Fortwo EVs and 2 other Smart Cars to enter the ‘Fortwo EV Progression’ event that runs this weekend. Every entrant will be guaranteed the Rover 220 Coupé Turbo - Your ticket to the next round!

The Rover 220 Coupé Turbo is required to get access to the Challenger Series, noted by (C) in the event names. Other players will not see these events. Every Challenger Series event allows you to win additional Rover 220 Coupé Turbo.

3) Place in the top 20 in TWO Challenger events to get a total of THREE Rover 220 Coupé Turbos!

CHALLENGER SERIES

Six 48-hour events, beginning in 8 hour intervals from Monday 12th March:

(C) Transatlantic Trophy
(C) Metropolis Championship
(C) All-Star Racing Cup
(C) Cross Country Conference
(C) Golden Sun League
(C) Desert Rally Cup
Rover 220 Coupé Turbo Progression Event

4) You must have 3 Rover 220 Coupé Turbos and 2 other Rovers to enter the “220 Coupé Turbo Progression” event next week to claim the prize car Plymouth Superbird. A great prize, and your ticket for the Finals!

PRO CIRCUIT FINALS

5) Compete in the IRGP Pro Circuit Finals for a guaranteed Carbon Fiber pack and the chance to place in the top 20 to win the Chevrolet Corvette ZR1!

Post edited by Hutch_Tim on

Comments

• David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well colour me confused/excited. Nice work 
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 5
    Wednesday 5th of what?! Assume they mean tomorrow (6th)...

edit: who was right? It was me wasn’t it? 
  • RawelRawel Posts: 841 ✭✭✭✭✭

• BongermanBongerman Posts: 46 ✭✭✭
    This seems pretty confusing and long winded. 
    “Based on Trophy Levels” 😵🔫

Trophies represent tenure & effort, not garage quality. 
  • Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Posts: 843 admin
    Twinkie said:
    So we can win Rover 220 bit we need Rover 200 for the Plymouth event 🤔
    Thanks, corrected.
  • S3XYS3XY Posts: 333 ✭✭✭✭
    Damn I definitely need a week off from work..
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭✭✭
    boh... i don't understand.. i race and hope to stay in first 20 position.. after we see what i will win!!!
  • greddygreddy Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wonder if this will be 100 people events or 300.. 
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 5,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm dead
    @Hutch_Robin, could you please confirm the trophy brackets and group sizes for this event?
  • mikesmikes Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting, I don't see many making it all the way to the finals. It will be interesting to see how many do. 
  • MSteeLMSteeL Posts: 934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoxtaS said:

I believe there will be players of various RQ and trophies in each of the brackets. 
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me reading this post. Loving the sound of it even if I'm highly unlikely to make it past the challenger series.

Twinkie said:
    BoxtaS said:

"Events will features racers of varied RQ and Trophy levels."

Sound exactly other way round for me
    Yes I may have misinterpreted, now that I’ve re-read it 👍

Sometimes I over react because I’m hyper-sensitive about getting thrown in to brackets full of RS200 owners just because I’ve played every day for 470 days 😂😂😂
  • mikesmikes Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Twinkie said:
    @mikes was actually right with his conclusion wow
    I MUST GET 10 SMART EVs!
  • Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Posts: 843 admin
    edited March 5
    mikes said:
    Twinkie said:
    I MUST GET 10 SMART EVs!
    I'm totally going to see how many players do this.

It's 100 players in the normal events, and the Finals is standard at 500. Of course, we'll keep an eye on qualification numbers.
    mikes said:
    Twinkie said:
    I MUST GET 10 SMART EVs!

It's 100 players in the normal events, and the Finals is standard at 500. Of course, we'll keep an eye on qualification numbers.
    Top 20 winning the prize car from a 500 pool is pretty good, thanks. 
    mikes said:
    Twinkie said:
    I MUST GET 10 SMART EVs!
    I don't like the sound of that.
  • Olli8888Olli8888 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 5
    Let's all raise a glass to Robin for coming up with something completely different, exceedingly interesting, involving player requests, ability to win multiple prize cars, and will rob us of productivity for 2 weeks  :D

They really succeeded, you lowered your expectations. Actually they should come every month with something new not after 2 years (daily *cough*)
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭✭✭
    only one question... if i win 3 smart of 3 rovers... can i enter all 8 events? hope in sort of collaboration about players to have more people to try to win this Chevro!!
    greddy said:
    Winning corvette will be toughest job till now. No casual players and begginers will qualify into finals. 
    Agree. Hutch, any chance you could monitor the number of final qualifiers and adjust bracket size/tier one size to make sure the standard ratio of 8/500 players end up with the car?
  • ManUtdTobbeManUtdTobbe Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m confused so i’m just gonna try to top 20 every event i see 🤷‍♂️
    TD01055 said:
    greddy said:
    Winning corvette will be toughest job till now. No casual players and begginers will qualify into finals. 
    Agree. Hutch, any chance you could monitor the number of final qualifiers and adjust bracket size/tier one size to make sure the standard ratio of 8/500 players end up with the car?
    Why wouldn't you want 20/500?
    edited March 5
    HeissRod said:
    TD01055 said:
    greddy said:
    Why wouldn't you want 20/500?
    I meant 8/500 as a total percentage of all players. So if 10% of players qualify for the finals, then the prize car ratio should be 80/500.
  • jczerojczero Posts: 653 ✭✭✭✭
    S3XY said:
    Damn I definitely need a week off from work..
    2 weeks...