General Discussion

Quality of Life & Accessibility Suggestions

GsearchGsearch Member, Administrator, Wrenchmen, Senior Wrenchmen Posts: 2,367 admin
Realistic Quality of Life & Accessibility Suggestions
As we work to finish 8.0, we begin to look forward to content for 9.0 and beyond. I want to hear your ideas for quality of life changes and accessibility features. So not a discussion of new cars, new challenges, new campaign but of changes we can make that improve the overall experience. It can be a really good use of resources to focus on ideas that will help not just veteran players, but midgame players, and all of the new people just discovering Top Drives. Your ideas might be things that answer these kind of questions: 1) What should be easier to do? 2) What should be clearer? 3) What didn't you understand for a long time? 4) What little things annoy you, that could be changed? 5) What is a small thing you wish Top Drives did, that it doesn't currently do? Then we can identify which suggestions are the easiest to implement and which are the most likely to substantially improve the Top Drives experience.

This post was added in the In Game Forum by HUTCH, however I feel like adding it here would give this group a chance to offer some quality ideas to the mix
-Gsearch

Comments

• TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 25
    Live Gap meters for strength and weakness comparison.
    Option to skip all races before the start of the 1st race...
    I also hate it when cars go full Ken Block after the finish line and not just keep on driving or use their bleeding brakes to slow down.
    Post edited by Gsearch on
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slider filters for 0-60, top speed, handling etc.  Similar to the topdrives club filter system.

It would be awesome to say filter and show all my sub 5 second cars with 80+ handling for example.
  • TD42792TD42792 Member Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 25
    In no particular order, some already mentioned but repeated because they are key:
    - lock switch missing when outisde of “my cars” (eg when selecting cars for a race), whereas unlock switch is there
    - ability to filter by ride height
    - ability to filter by a given rq; when scrolling through 100s of cars, going to rq15 cars when selecting super rare takes ages for instance
    - include weight on front of card
    - show time remaining for oldest car on the holding bay timer (ie the one that we will loose the soonest), not the time remaining on average, this is currently useless
    - show total number of cars in garage
    - test area for tracks not in the campaign, this is becoming more and more of a hindrance as new tracks are added
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD42792 said:
    - ability to filter prize cars
    We already have this
    HeissRod said:
    TD42792 said:
    - ability to filter prize cars
    We already have this
    Sweet
  • O__VERO__VER Member Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When wearing Bluetooth headphones with the game sound turned off, there is a long-standing bug that turns the sound back on. Not the music, just the sound effects. I have to go to settings, turn sound on (it still says it's off even though it's making noises) and then turn it off again to fix it. Would be nice to have this fixed.
  • JayJay Member Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about a "Go" or "Race" button after cars are placed? That way you can check and conform before the race starts.
  • Huskic69Huskic69 Member Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    just a big stat tracker that tracks all of our statistics, like tickets played since starting, money earned etc
    Filter by # seats......
  • RobGripesRobGripes Member Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 26
    TimBut said:
    final table with results of event, not only your place, but all table. 
    leaderboards / some ladder system
    make api for statistics sharing and give it to topdrives.club. 
    change location of buying ticket button. 
    add one step in packs purchase, once I dropped phone on my face and bought 90s aluminum with my cheek. 

That'll teach you a lesson.  You shouldn't be looking at those anyways ;) ! tut tut
    Post edited by RobGripes on
  • RobGripesRobGripes Member Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new environment looks amazing, would it be possible to touch up the original campaign tracks also?