Quality of Life & Accessibility Suggestions

11112131416

Comments

  • milewski1015milewski1015 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moog said:
    I don’t see how this would help anything as your hand is randomly placed when quitting out/server error occurs.
    I don't believe it's randomly placed, it's placed in the order which your hand lies. A different scenario, but this was proven to be the case when you 'quit' a hand without placing cars.
    RobGripes said:
    Moog said:
    I don’t see how this would help anything as your hand is randomly placed when quitting out/server error occurs.
    I don't believe it's randomly placed, it's placed in the order which your hand lies. A different scenario, but this was proven to be the case when you 'quit' a hand without placing cars.

    Moog is correct. We've also tested in on our server and the hand is always placed in the same order as in your hand. 


    Those results differ from what myself and others have found before IIRC. I’ll have to test again, maybe something was changed
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @milewski1015 pls do let us know if you test again. We tested over a year ago I'd say. Things often do change though so I wouldn't be surprised it it's different.

    If i recall correctly, we tried it on 4 different tracksets and they were the exact same order. With five cars we figured the chances of that was so low it was sufficient testing
  • Yama_sanYama_san Posts: 298 ✭✭✭
    As one more filter to add, would be interesting to be able to order cars by number of days in the garage.

    I would find it useful to spot cars that we own for very long time but barely never used (or never used at all).
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    StealthFT said:
    I know there's sort by RQ, but it would be great if there were a "skip to right" icon in the garage.
    I'm really looking forward to this feature.
    Hey, @Hutch_Katie any update on this "small" feature?

    It's in the feature backlog, but it's not in the next update.
    Bump
    @hutch_katie
  • Hutch_KatieHutch_Katie Posts: 263 admin
    No update on that feature @MrPiratePete - it's still backlogged.
  • 0liver770liver77 Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    I like to have a summary after opening a pack of whats cars I got in total.
  • Yama_sanYama_san Posts: 298 ✭✭✭
    One nice improvement would be to have an overview / reminder of our hand on the screen where we select our opponent.

    Sometimes I'm not totally sure about exact tech specifications of my cars, and it also confusing to remember everything when playing several events in the same period. Would then be a nice help to choose the right opponent without making mistake sometimes.
  • xaratsarhsxaratsarhs Posts: 351 ✭✭✭
    but that's the beauty of the game, to learn and remember
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suggestion:
    someone play Legends of Runeterra? when you play and win, you can collect cards or some tokens (rare, epic, legendary); Hutch could use as prize some token too, maybe UR, Epic and Legendary so people can win this token.
    Token work as a card, you can exchange it for a same level card (obviously not for prize) so people can use this token to exchange it and take the card he need in a particular event or use it for some food for his cards
  • hajduk_fanhajduk_fan Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    here's a suggestion that maybe doesn't fit into "quality of life and accesibility" but since there is no thread for other kind of suggestions...

    the skip fuse always charges the same amount of gold, at beggining (for example with 8h left) and the end (with 1 minute left), shouldn't that be different and proportional to time left?
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 29
    mauro07 said:
    Suggestion:
    someone play Legends of Runeterra? when you play and win, you can collect cards or some tokens (rare, epic, legendary); Hutch could use as prize some token too, maybe UR, Epic and Legendary so people can win this token.
    Token work as a card, you can exchange it for a same level card (obviously not for prize) so people can use this token to exchange it and take the card he need in a particular event or use it for some food for his cards

    I also read the Legend of Runeterra Faq and it sounds very promising! No more lootboxes; everything achievable also for f2p, monthly spending limit. They try to get rid of the flaws that many actual p2w games have. Would be a great read for the TD team, get inspired. https://playruneterra.com/en-us/news , especially some of the first posts like: Building a better card game: Progression etc.
    Just read this sentence and tell it it doesnt get you interested:
    Speaking of Coins, there’s another major goal for us: create a game where how much money you spend is NOT the deciding factor in your success as a player.


  • Yama_sanYama_san Posts: 298 ✭✭✭
    Not sure if idea already mentioned:
    Maybe could it be interesting to be able to trade cash vs gold and vice versa.
    Maybe against a small fee to still make it interesting for Hutch.
  • BullmastaBullmasta Posts: 53 ✭✭
    Not sure if this was already suggested. But here we go.

    - A bit if background (skippable):
    Long time ago together with 4-5 friends we decided to share a new account in topdrives.club web and there upload cara in different tunes and upload track times. We managed to have quite huge database there, until some changes in game happened and most of it suddenly went outdated. Truth is that it was huge work and lot of writing and uploading.

    - Recent background:
    Now, just saw some guy on FB saying he wanted to make something similar, some public database collaborating with people in some spreadsheet in Reddit and make many different tunes for all cars or so. But will face same problem I faced and it’s lots of work for then some game mechanic change it all and turn all hard work to nothing worth it unless updated. Too much hustle.

    - Suggestion:
    This made me think, that maybe Hutch could implement such database in the game. But, not public. I mean:
        - When we use a car, in whatever tune in whatever track, then the time done will be saved. And if tune is changed then either all times delete and do again, or, then just updated when play again tracks with new tune. 
         - Where this can be stored and view? So when selecting a car, that we can now turn card and see more options, maybe there scrolling down could be some “track times” area at the bottom saying in which tracks that specific car was used and what times it did. So each one could make its own testing and check which car could be potentially better than another one.

    With this, it could help us decide which car or tune to use. 

    Truth is that we are already doing this playing single player mode, writing down times or asking in forums or friends. Will save lot of time and asking around. And it would be naive to think this can alter much game “testing” of try and error since it’s quite easy to see in forums people sharing times public or private or so. And not everybody checks that anyway and maybe many would check this maybe. 

    So I can’t see anything more than a big quality of life improve. Or that’s what I think.

    Sorry for the long walk of text and thanks for reading if you made it so far :p


  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 6,951 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be a lot of backend database storage for Hutch
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch needs to focus on other things 
  • xaratsarhsxaratsarhs Posts: 351 ✭✭✭
    One aspect of this racing is the unknown result, if everyone have access to the best tune or best suitable car for a specific track will remove that element. And it's a huge set of data, it's the resolver that hutch uses. Nice idea I agree but will never happen.
  • BullmastaBullmasta Posts: 53 ✭✭
    Well, it’s a quality of life improvement after all, no one said is a must or needed or main priority. 
    During finals i spend time checking times, writing them down and comparing cars in single player mode and with friends to know which car will be best in each race in each track set... to maximize the hand possibilities and I’m sure many more do same. No one goes blind, most people already go in knowing tracks and having overview of what’s good hand for events. So this is nothing crazy or nothing that will alter what many players are doing already but with pen and paper and friends contributions... 
  • BullmastaBullmasta Posts: 53 ✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    That would be a lot of backend database storage for Hutch
    So maybe is about time they start using also phone to store game data and not just rely on server. I would be more than glad to allow game eat a GB of space if that’s what takes for times to be stored ... actually hands saved are in theory saved in device you use. So why not also times? 
  • BullmastaBullmasta Posts: 53 ✭✭
    plus lots of people asking for test tracks so they can check times and cars and so on, this would be just perfect combination to that idea, why would people want a test environment where they can choose tracks if not for check car times? 
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bullmasta said:
    plus lots of people asking for test tracks so they can check times and cars and so on, this would be just perfect combination to that idea, why would people want a test environment where they can choose tracks if not for check car times? 
    Hutch have already explained why they won’t add a testing environment in-game. I was actually looking this up the other day. In the Top Drives Show Episode 7, Tim responds specifically to a question about adding a testing environment. Keep in mind this was way back in 2018, but I imagine the sentiment remains the same

    “And I'd always go back to the thing I always bring up in these discussions, like who would benefit, what does this feature really do? Because currently, I know that players who are really serious about it and have paid attention know which tracks are where in the campaign and if they want to test their cars and find out what's good they go there to do it and so maybe that gives them a slight advantage. But also of course, if you're of a mind to really test it, if it comes up in an event, even tracks that aren't in the campaign, you can use the event itself to test the cars, and actually with the way scoring works, even if you test a car and find out it's not the best, it's probably not gonna damage your final position, probably in the final day you'll be able to use that knowledge and rank up. So, in terms of who benefits, it's like, currently the people who know this thing have a slight advantage, and then if we add this in, oh alright, now everybody can do it and the only people who really get an advantage are the people who have no pad and pen and spend an hour doing it...I don't know, I feel like it's quite good who have the advantage now, anybody else could do what they're doing, and the other thing is because it's so deterministic, like you put this car with this upgrade on this track and you know what it's going to do, I think as soon as we added a feature like that, we would very quickly find players have made a wiki of all of the tunes and all of the tracks and then you wouldn't need the test scene anymore, you'd just look at that, and then suddenly it would become this game which is not about figuring out the best tune, it will be a game about, go to the wiki, look at the thing, do the thing. That whole bit of discovering it would actually end up going away if we made it that easy, so I'm not sure that actually, even though it is something you'd wanna do, and we do have it ourselves and go "ah, that's quite interesting", and we obviously use it to determine prize cars, I don't think it's actually necessarily a good thing for the game."
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 6,951 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bullmasta said:
    HeissRod said:
    That would be a lot of backend database storage for Hutch
    So maybe is about time they start using also phone to store game data and not just rely on server. I would be more than glad to allow game eat a GB of space if that’s what takes for times to be stored ... actually hands saved are in theory saved in device you use. So why not also times? 
    How would the functionality work?  You wouldn't be able to check times during a race, so you'd still have to write it down.
  • BullmastaBullmasta Posts: 53 ✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    Bullmasta said:
    HeissRod said:
    That would be a lot of backend database storage for Hutch
    So maybe is about time they start using also phone to store game data and not just rely on server. I would be more than glad to allow game eat a GB of space if that’s what takes for times to be stored ... actually hands saved are in theory saved in device you use. So why not also times? 
    How would the functionality work?  You wouldn't be able to check times during a race, so you'd still have to write it down.
    Well, you’d know which 5 cars to use and the tune if happen to have same car with different one. And then just matter to remember which one would benefit more in which track.. 
    even thou many times ends up being out cars in places to win what other person put in there..

  • xaratsarhsxaratsarhs Posts: 351 ✭✭✭
    Bullmasta said:
    Well, it’s a quality of life improvement after all, no one said is a must or needed or main priority. 
    During finals i spend time checking times, writing them down and comparing cars in single player mode and with friends to know which car will be best in each race in each track set... to maximize the hand possibilities and I’m sure many more do same. No one goes blind, most people already go in knowing tracks and having overview of what’s good hand for events. So this is nothing crazy or nothing that will alter what many players are doing already but with pen and paper and friends contributions... 

    Most ppl DON'T do that, in a bracket of 500 players only 10% prepare and studies the tracks, that's why you have a small advantage over them, what you are proposing is removing that advantage.
    Thankfully a lot of kids voting in TD.clubs for best tuning, best tune its 99% 969, yea right, thank god ppl using this as an advisor and the rest of us have easy targets, imagine everyone have access to the best tune without any effort ;) .
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 6,951 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bullmasta said:
    Well, it’s a quality of life improvement after all, no one said is a must or needed or main priority. 
    During finals i spend time checking times, writing them down and comparing cars in single player mode and with friends to know which car will be best in each race in each track set... to maximize the hand possibilities and I’m sure many more do same. No one goes blind, most people already go in knowing tracks and having overview of what’s good hand for events. So this is nothing crazy or nothing that will alter what many players are doing already but with pen and paper and friends contributions... 
    imagine everyone have access to the best tune without any effort ;) .
    It's happening and they won't listen to reason about doing it.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/TopDrives/comments/hbe4eq/time_database_for_top_drives/
Sign In or Register to comment.