Skip to content

Quality of Life & Accessibility Suggestions

Comments

• TGPDTGPD Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozzman said:
    A bit offtopic because it's not a feature I'd like to request, but a feature I don't understand:

I know what it does, I just don't get the point. Why would you want a hand with random cars? What was the idea behind this @Hutch_Tim, @Hutch_Robin? I saw others asking about this, but no answer. :)
    Just for fun.
  • ReaktorKalleReaktorKalle Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    Autosell Cars after 24h in your held Pool.

A Garage Icon on Cars in held Pool you already have.

Usable Scrollbar in Garage

Show Duplicate Filter

Two Prices to choose from in the weekly Challenge

A little Circuit Map for each Track so that they are distinguishable
  • johns294johns294 Posts: 119 ✭✭✭
    You know, I have seen other posts like this. Make all the tracks have different names so we can tell which one it is, let’s make a testing area to run the new cars and tracks, etc I played for a bit before finding these forums and it seems to me that a lot of you people are spoiled. The actual game doesn’t show you the track sets before you pick your cars, that’s something people on the forums do. With all of the information people want to put on the cards, some even saying there should be a third side, it’s as though people want to race with no risk of losing. I personally don’t look at the tracksets posted because I feel like that is cheating. In fact if it were up to me, Hutch would ban that from being posted. Choose your cars, fuse them to your liking and throw the dice. Just my 2 cents. 
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭✭✭
    johns294 said:
    You know, I have seen other posts like this. Make all the tracks have different names so we can tell which one it is, let’s make a testing area to run the new cars and tracks, etc I played for a bit before finding these forums and it seems to me that a lot of you people are spoiled. The actual game doesn’t show you the track sets before you pick your cars, that’s something people on the forums do. With all of the information people want to put on the cards, some even saying there should be a third side, it’s as though people want to race with no risk of losing. I personally don’t look at the tracksets posted because I feel like that is cheating. In fact if it were up to me, Hutch would ban that from being posted. Choose your cars, fuse them to your liking and throw the dice. Just my 2 cents. 
    It’s a strategy game, and people want to give themselves the best opportunity to do well. I understand your perspective, and can see why you think looking at the tracksets beforehand takes the fun out of the game or is considered cheating. Others, including myself, find it fun to not incur a bunch of losses at the start of an event because they’re figuring out what cars are needed. 

I would chance a guess that the average web forumer plays Top Drives more often and/or more seriously than the average player - hence their decision to join the forum. So it would only make sense that they prefer the approach that makes them the most competitive
  • johns294johns294 Posts: 119 ✭✭✭
    .........I would chance a guess that the average web forumer plays Top Drives more often and/or more seriously than the average player - hence their decision to join the forum. So it would only make sense that they prefer the approach that makes them the most competitive
    Understandable.  I can tell simply by looking at posts that many on the forum are meticulous about each car in their garage. I too play multiple times a day, it’s an addiction, lol. I guess each person pays to play their way. I meant no disrespect. 
  • bobdylanbobdylan Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont know how hard it would be to implement but I feel once you collect every car in a manufacturer then you should win a prize and that prize should be a random car of that manufacturer you completed 
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bobdylan said:
    I dont know how hard it would be to implement but I feel once you collect every car in a manufacturer then you should win a prize and that prize should be a random car of that manufacturer you completed 
    This would mean that only people who won the prize cars can complete a collection......then get another prize for doing that.  Snowballing and all that.
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    bobdylan said:
    This would mean that only people who won the prize cars can complete a collection......then get another prize for doing that.  Snowballing and all that.
    Good point. It should be all cars ex prize car. Just a little something extra would be neat
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭✭✭
    johns294 said:
    .........I would chance a guess that the average web forumer plays Top Drives more often and/or more seriously than the average player - hence their decision to join the forum. So it would only make sense that they prefer the approach that makes them the most competitive
    Understandable.  I can tell simply by looking at posts that many on the forum are meticulous about each car in their garage. I too play multiple times a day, it’s an addiction, lol. I guess each person pays to play their way. I meant no disrespect. 
    None taken, I was just trying to help you see the other perspective. 
  • UltimateUltimate Posts: 777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bobdylan said:
    For a moment I thought you’d ask for 10x plastic packs. My reality is now shattering 
  • 43MK443MK4 Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Change the visualization of tune level to something like this:

• PiemasterPiemaster Posts: 5
    It would be good if when you clicked "Race Info" at the end of the race, it told you which advantages both cars had, no just the car that won.  It would be a good education tool for new players because sometimes a race is closer than you expected and you wonder why.
    edited April 2019
    I actually wish that the events autosave the hand you last played for it.
    Don't have to go through your saved hands.
    Finding it irritating for the current Chevy/US event and the US challenge sets. Keep having to go back and change hands...
  • bobdylanbobdylan Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    bobdylan said:
    True .... but this time they deserves it
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    a "do not ask again button" would be nice to stop Leoni from upgrading smurf cars.
    Or make the car locking toggle work in the same way. So Leoni only ever offers to upgrade a car you have locked.

I imagine that would be a far simpler solution to implement.
  • hillclimberhillclimber Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    O__VER said:
    a "do not ask again button" would be nice to stop Leoni from upgrading smurf cars.
    Or make the car locking toggle work in the same way. So Leoni only ever offers to upgrade a car you have locked.

I imagine that would be a far simpler solution to implement.
    in combination with the ability to lock them straight away from the car holding pool, yes.
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

RIP my 2 Citroen 2CVs that my trigger finger began free upgrades on...

• 43MK443MK4 Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    43MK4 said:
    Change the visualization of tune level to something like this:

And here is an option how exotic tunes could be illustrated:

• lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could do with a confirmation button when spending gold. Went to buy a ceramic pack with cash and accidentally clicked the centre part between cash and gold and wasted 499 gold. Messaged support with the cash still in my account and cars in my holding pool to try and get the gold back and the cash taken but not holding my breath for it to be done.
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a little bugbear of mine but is this really a "pro tip" needed on every 3* win?

• UltimateUltimate Posts: 777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alternatively it tells you off for being a big fat loser for only getting 2 stars. Sometimes I like to get 2 stars thank you very much 
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cant remember where car colour discrepancies were going. Was it in here or should I create a new thread in the new forum for this?
    Grey in the picture but a sort of tan/brown in race.

• KLCKLC Posts: 13
    edited April 2019
    My comment, even though already mentioned several times (no particular order): 

1) Option to filter out already maxed cars (and of course the opposite) from your search in "my cars" - the same goes for locked cars
    2) Auto sell cars which are running out from the pool, maybe 5 minutes before they run out
    3) Duplicate filter in the pool, with cars that you already own
    4) Penalty for offroad tires on all asphalt tracks
    5) A way of telling when a car was last used in a race and how many races it was used for. I have dozens of cars I don't believe I have used for ages, even though they came in handy back in time when I upgraded...

• HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KLC said:
    This could probably be explained better somewhere, but the handling score for all cars in baselined on asphalt.  This means that the handling score of a car with offroad tires is how it would perform on an asphalt track.  When taken offroad, cars with offroad tires receive less of a penalty compared to cars with other tire types.  

This can be confusing to some players, so I suggested a while back that Hutch implement some sort of fictional baseline surface that exists somewhere between gravel and asphalt in the scale of penalized surfaces.  Cars with performance or slick tires would receive a bonus to traction on asphalt.  Something like this, as a start:

Asphalt
    |
    Baseline
    |
    Gravel
    |
    Dirt
    |
    Wet Dirt
    |
    Sand
    |
    Snow
    |
    Ice

Not sure where wet asphalt should reside, though.  Grass is also a new surface, which I believe exists somewhere between wet dirt & sand.
  • Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Posts: 942 admin
    KLC said:
    The stats we show are a car's performance on dry asphalt.

The handling stat takes into account the relative effectiveness of tyres.
    Reduce the gold skip times when you near the end of a fuse.
    If you skip the fuse when it has 4 hours left, you pay the same as skipping it with 4 seconds left. We could also watch some ads to reduce the time.