Quality of Life & Accessibility Suggestions

Comments

• miggemigge Posts: 146 ✭✭✭
    I would suggest to end the events 1 hour earlier like in winter time. 11pm whole week is to late. sorry
  • MoogMoog Posts: 469 ✭✭✭✭
    Randomise the end time within that 1 hour window. No one knows when it will end. Stick or twist, limited late join appeal. :)
  • AdxREAdxRE Posts: 221 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    jiga said:
    migge said:
    I would suggest to end the events 1 hour earlier like in winter time. 11pm whole week is to late. sorry
    you poor thing.  what time do events end for you @RobGripes, @AdxRE, @Avenged, et al?  I guess there are various degrees of inconvenience but no doubt event end times are perfect for someone

This.

Activtatived = Chance of Fighting for a Prize car
    Deactivated = Dropping at least 1 (or more) tier than my hand deserved.

Lost countless Tier 1 due to this end time. As said, we don’t need a full on end time adjustment for us, but just a rotation of the end time so that people from different time zones get a chance to fight til the end of the event, without missing work the next day.
  • miggemigge Posts: 146 ✭✭✭
    Tier 1 Problems  :'(
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basil said:
    I would like to be able to win every prize winning car after the challange was played. New players and players who were not able to win them don't get a chance anymore. Why can't Hutch make a new kind of individual challange so that all theze prize cars can be won. I was thinking of this kind of game (I hop you understand):

At the end of the multiplayer game to win a car, Hutch pull out the best 30 hands of the players (they are let's say the Top30 players for this prize car). When you want to win this car you will have to win against all the hands in a certain time (4 days ?). Hutch can make it extreme difficult because these are mostly the best cars of the game. Once you have won the car you are not able to win it again (to avoid that some players win the 1000 times and use them to merge with other cars :-).

I've missed some great cars although I've played a lot of races to win them,... and it brings me down evey time I did not get one :-)

Hutch have been re-running prize car events about 1 year after they were originally up for grabs. There was just another chance to get the Jaguar Project 8 a few weeks ago. They aren't going to make them available very often, as that decreases the exclusivity of prize cars, making them less valuable, which means less people fighting for them and therefore lower gold sales.
  • BasilBasil Posts: 366 ✭✭✭
    Basil said:
    I would like to be able to win every prize winning car after the challange was played. New players and players who were not able to win them don't get a chance anymore. Why can't Hutch make a new kind of individual challange so that all theze prize cars can be won. I was thinking of this kind of game (I hop you understand):

At the end of the multiplayer game to win a car, Hutch pull out the best 30 hands of the players (they are let's say the Top30 players for this prize car). When you want to win this car you will have to win against all the hands in a certain time (4 days ?). Hutch can make it extreme difficult because these are mostly the best cars of the game. Once you have won the car you are not able to win it again (to avoid that some players win the 1000 times and use them to merge with other cars :-).

I've missed some great cars although I've played a lot of races to win them,... and it brings me down evey time I did not get one :-)

Hutch have been re-running prize car events about 1 year after they were originally up for grabs. There was just another chance to get the Jaguar Project 8 a few weeks ago. They aren't going to make them available very often, as that decreases the exclusivity of prize cars, making them less valuable, which means less people fighting for them and therefore lower gold sales.

I understand your point of view, but I don't want it to be easy to win them. Let's say that when you enter a contest to win one, you need to win 30 races (each more difficult than the previous one) in 4 days. Hutch can make it in that way that you have to invest gold to reach it (or use every ticket when it is available).

What about 'Joker' cars. I sometimes have to compete with 'whales' as you guys call them and I'm not able to win. Could it not be possible that you can win 'joker' cars (read: blanco cards) and when you use this , you win the race against the car of your opponent. This joker card can only be used 5 times and then it dissapearce.

Another idea is that with this Joker card, Hutch let you choose within 5 cars which are best suited for that event (S,A,B,C,D and E car so that you can choose the one you need). Of course , also after a use of 5 times the Joker card dissapeares.

edited May 2019
    Basil said:

What about 'Joker' cars. I sometimes have to compete with 'whales' as you guys call them and I'm not able to win. Could it not be possible that you can win 'joker' cars (read: blanco cards) and when you use this , you win the race against the car of your opponent. This joker card can only be used 5 times and then it dissapearce.

Another idea is that with this Joker card, Hutch let you choose within 5 cars which are best suited for that event (S,A,B,C,D and E car so that you can choose the one you need). Of course , also after a use of 5 times the Joker card dissapeares.

That's the point of p2w and whales - you spend money to have an advantage. If Hutch introduced this wild card feature that could automatically beat any other car, why would players spend money to max the cars they have if any old scrub with a hand full of joker cards can beat their maxed legendary hand they spent thousands to make? And what would the use case be? If these were involved in prize car finals there would be a riot. This is similar to the fuse token idea that has been suggested before. The Hutch employees on the Top Drives Show answered this request for fuse tokens. They stand behind the principle that Top Drives is about collecting cars - not items or other things
    Post edited by milewski1015 on
    Basil said:
    Basil said:

I understand your point of view, but I don't want it to be easy to win them. Let's say that when you enter a contest to win one, you need to win 30 races (each more difficult than the previous one) in 4 days. Hutch can make it in that way that you have to invest gold to reach it (or use every ticket when it is available).
    So... challenge mode? Some of the challenges to win ultra rares have been next to unbeatable before Hutch lowered the difficulty a touch. I can't imagine how insanely difficult they would be if the grand prize was a Chiron Sport for example. They've been running a long term (about 1 year) challenge utilizing the Austins as tickets to win the Porsche Moby Dick. That's a structure I'm okay with for a prize car reward - a year long series of challenges each more dependent on the one before it. 

I don't think you're understanding the big picture. Prize cars are supposed to be difficult to win - the competition between players for an exclusive, powerful car drives gold sales for CFs and tickets. If Hutch adopted the method you suggest, the prize car will immediately lose a lot of value as anyone that didn't win it the hard way (racing against other players) will have a chance to win it immediately after. That's a big kick in the teeth for those that spent time, in-game resources, and gold to fight it out to win the prize. 

I admire your inspiration and imagination to think of new ways for Top Drives to entertain it's playerbase, but that's a whole new "game mode" which would require a lot of time and testing to develop. Hutch has a good thing going with the current prize structure (and reruns), and seems to be in favor of another prize structure (the one happening right now that uses lower-end prize cars as tickets for the bigger ones). They've got their hands full with clubs and sorting that out. 

Hi Milewski,

I do understand the big picture. When people don't buy Gold the game will end. I don't want Hutch to make it easy to get this car (they can even make it so hard you need to spend a lot of Gold to get it, but you must be able to do so. I have spend a lot of money on this game already (thousands) , but I'm not even a small fish when I compare my garage with other players. When I want to spend my Gold I would like to be awarded for it,.. When I see the strategy that some players use to get in the T1 (waiting for the last moment to enter a slot with a few players) , do you call that far ?

Basil said:
    Basil said:
    Basil said:

So... challenge mode? Some of the challenges to win ultra rares have been next to unbeatable before Hutch lowered the difficulty a touch. I can't imagine how insanely difficult they would be if the grand prize was a Chiron Sport for example. They've been running a long term (about 1 year) challenge utilizing the Austins as tickets to win the Porsche Moby Dick. That's a structure I'm okay with for a prize car reward - a year long series of challenges each more dependent on the one before it. 

I don't think you're understanding the big picture. Prize cars are supposed to be difficult to win - the competition between players for an exclusive, powerful car drives gold sales for CFs and tickets. If Hutch adopted the method you suggest, the prize car will immediately lose a lot of value as anyone that didn't win it the hard way (racing against other players) will have a chance to win it immediately after. That's a big kick in the teeth for those that spent time, in-game resources, and gold to fight it out to win the prize. 

I admire your inspiration and imagination to think of new ways for Top Drives to entertain it's playerbase, but that's a whole new "game mode" which would require a lot of time and testing to develop. Hutch has a good thing going with the current prize structure (and reruns), and seems to be in favor of another prize structure (the one happening right now that uses lower-end prize cars as tickets for the bigger ones). They've got their hands full with clubs and sorting that out. 

Hi Milewski,

I do understand the big picture. When people don't buy Gold the game will end. I don't want Hutch to make it easy to get this car (they can even make it so hard you need to spend a lot of Gold to get it, but you must be able to do so. I have spend a lot of money on this game already (thousands) , but I'm not even a small fish when I compare my garage with other players. When I want to spend my Gold I would like to be awarded for it,.. When I see the strategy that some players use to get in the T1 (waiting for the last moment to enter a slot with a few players) , do you call that far ?

I'll direct you to the designated thread on late joining for a discussion on that aspect: http://forums.hutchgames.com/discussion/6887/late-join-thread1000#latest

Don't get me wrong, it frustrates me too when I spend real money on gold for CFs and end up not getting the prize car. But that;s a risk you assume when you buy the gold and spend it - there's no guarantee that you're going to pull a specific card from a CF or that you'll win the prize car. That's where strategy comes in to play. Collaborating with other players, testing for times and best hand possibilities, and spending your gold wisely (be that on tickets or CFs or both) are ways to improve your chances of getting the prize car. 

Thanks Milewski,... but I'm keep on going with new ideas :-)

What about 'poker' events? You can choose one of your cards to be hidden, so that your oponents don't know what's behind it when you look for an opponent. And of course the other way around as well. Hutch can do it with 1 coard or 2 or,... That would open some ideas for more events and fun :-)

• Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I know I've posted this already but it's a real annoyance. Saved hand scrolling and/or reordering. I hope it's an easy fix as scrolling works elsewhere in the game.

Can we get some confirmation it's at least on a list and whether it's seen as low/high priority etc?
    Basil said:

What about 'poker' events? You can choose one of your cards to be hidden, so that your oponents don't know what's behind it when you look for an opponent. And of course the other way around as well. Hutch can do it with 1 coard or 2 or,... That would open some ideas for more events and fun :-)

I guess you weren’t around back in the day when you hit play and it automatically matched you against an opponent - you didn’t get to choose who to race. Don’t think you could see their hand either, it just had the tracks and you had to put your cars where you thought they were best. That was switched out to the current system pretty quick if I remember correctly. 
    Basil said:

I guess you weren’t around back in the day when you hit play and it automatically matched you against an opponent - you didn’t get to choose who to race. Don’t think you could see their hand either, it just had the tracks and you had to put your cars where you thought they were best. That was switched out to the current system pretty quick if I remember correctly. 

Hi Milewski,

I have been told by Hutch that this is not the place to put new ideas (features). Thanks anyway for answering them :-). CU on track maybe some day :-)

Ok, another try for QOL.

After an event, I would like to see with which cars the T1 winners have raced the most races in the event. Sometimes I'm not able to get in the Top10 and then I wander 'How do they do this ???'. Would be nice to see.

Basil said:

Ok, another try for QOL.

After an event, I would like to see with which cars the T1 winners have raced the most races in the event. Sometimes I'm not able to get in the Top10 and then I wander 'How do they do this ???'. Would be nice to see.

Something I can get behind :)

This could sorta be lumped in with a post-event final scoreboard to show where everybody ended up. Maybe have a second screen after that pop up with the hand of the player that finished in first (MVP’s hand)
  • UltimateUltimate Posts: 777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you do nothing else, bring back daily events! #savethedailies
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    game unplayable... after clubs update the game is every day slow and slow and slow... and reloading trackset page is something absurd... need 20/30 seconds to put my cars!!! i lost time, lost events (ex. ME finals) but we need to put money on the game as beta tester.. thank you Hutch!!
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mauro07 said:
    game unplayable... after clubs update the game is every day slow and slow and slow... and reloading trackset page is something absurd... need 20/30 seconds to put my cars!!! i lost time, lost events (ex. ME finals) but we need to put money on the game as beta tester.. thank you Hutch!!
    Does it freeze every few seconds? Reinstall the game, I've had the same issue
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    not freize, i see the circle when load a new screen for trackset and i wait 20 seconds every time! in events and clubs!!
    If both cars are the same with the same build, don’t show the race, just skip to the results, it’s obviously going to be a draw.
  • RawelRawel Posts: 943 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moog said:
    If both cars are the same with the same build, don’t show the race, just skip to the results, it’s obviously going to be a draw.
    If your car has more upgrades, just skip the race - it's an obvious win. Oh, wait...
    Rawel said:
    Moog said:
    If your car has more upgrades, just skip the race - it's an obvious win. Oh, wait...
    Without skipping all 5 races, the best you can do is watch the race start, then skip to the end. I want to skip the skipping part without fully skipping.