Quality of Life & Accessibility Suggestions

Comments

• OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could we look into making it less easy to take up Leoni on her upgrade offers?

You go in to Clubs to play as quickly and efficiently as possible maniacally tapping the screen as quickly as possible to minimize that creeping sense of futility... only to accept an upgrade on your lovely Smurfmobiles that Leoni constantly suggests need attention.... Aaaarrrgghhh

Sometimes I am so apoplectic with rage, so utterly incandescent, that if there was a self destruct button for the entire universe, I would happily hammer away at it in gay abandon

OK so i'm slightly exaggerating, but it is bloody annoying
    I don't knoww, I'm always happy for some free upgrades. 🤷‍♂️
    I'm using it to upgrade rares to 333, and then sell them for 6400$. Easy money once a day. I always have one rare for this purpose in my garage.
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozzman said:
    Could we look into making it less easy to take up Leoni on her upgrade offers?

You go in to Clubs to play as quickly and efficiently as possible maniacally tapping the screen as quickly as possible to minimize that creeping sense of futility... only to accept an upgrade on your lovely Smurfmobiles that Leoni constantly suggests need attention.... Aaaarrrgghhh

Sometimes I am so apoplectic with rage, so utterly incandescent, that if there was a self destruct button for the entire universe, I would happily hammer away at it in gay abandon

OK so i'm slightly exaggerating, but it is bloody annoying
    I don't knoww, I'm always happy for some free upgrades. 🤷‍♂️
    I'm using it to upgrade rares to 333, and then sell them for 6400$. Easy money once a day. I always have one rare for this purpose in my garage.
    Same.
    Hope it's not against the spirit of the game. :)
  • BasilBasil Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    I would like to have the same filters on 'All cars' that I have on My cars. Or even more filters => The reason why is that I would like to have an idea which cars are possible to open in packs. Fi , when the event is 2010 convertibles I want an overview of all the cars that have that filter.
    Working servers would be great.
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cant agree more!
  • binnerbinner Posts: 652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or the alternative would be putting a stop to late joining in some way so that the servers don't get completely flooded in the last minutes of big events. Would stop the lottery of late joining and possibly help servers
    binner said:
    Or the alternative would be putting a stop to late joining in some way so that the servers don't get completely flooded in the last minutes of big events. Would stop the lottery of late joining and possibly help servers
    If I remember correctly, the servers didn't properly work for the last 2 weeks. Not exclusively during the last minutes of the final.
    binner said:
    If I remember correctly, the servers didn't properly work for the last 2 weeks. Not exclusively during the last minutes of the final.
    Yeah they haven't been good, but I'm just saying it's almost a given now that server errors are going to happen at the end of a finals. And at the same time late joining needs to stop imo
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Staggered end times!
    binner said:
    binner said:
    Yeah they haven't been good, but I'm just saying it's almost a given now that server errors are going to happen at the end of a finals. And at the same time late joining needs to stop imo
    I used to despise late joining but given that the servers are failing now for the second final in a row in combination with the flawed point system, where you drop for more ranks in the last 2min than in 3 days and the utterly terrible handling from support makes me say that it is a legitimate tactic. Don't get me wrong, late joining should stop. But for now, it seems like the better option. Why should I waste my time and play for 3 days only to lose in the last 2 minutes against late joiner + server errors?

• MalaniMalani Posts: 78 ✭✭✭
    binner said:
    binner said:
    I used to despise late joining but given that the servers are failing now for the second final in a row in combination with the flawed point system, where you drop for more ranks in the last 2min than in 3 days and the utterly terrible handling from support makes me say that it is a legitimate tactic. Don't get me wrong, late joining should stop. But for now, it seems like the better option. Why should I waste my time and play for 3 days only to lose in the last 2 minutes against late joiner + server errors?

Surely server errors make late joining a more risky strategy and less likely to pay off?
    Malani said:
    binner said:
    binner said:

Surely server errors make late joining a more risky strategy and less likely to pay off?
    Late joining 30sek before the end and missing the final all together because of server errors? - No
    Late joining 5min before the end, getting as much wins with 5 tickets as possible and waiting for the server errors? - Yes
    binner said:
    binner said:

Okay maybe I shouldn't have replied to your comment and just made my own. I agree server issues need to be fixed. I just meant that if late joining was "eliminated" more so curved to an earlier time we shouldn't have this issue of the servers crashing at the end of finals which seems to be the only time people are really up in arms about it. To me seems like an easy fix for hutch to make it so brackets close at a certain time and if you still happen to get lucky and join a bracket that just opened at the entry deadline then so be it. At least it won't ruin the event for the rest of people who actually have played in it for more than 1 minute but can't play in the final minutes because of server errors 
    edited August 2019
    binner said:
    Okay maybe I shouldn't have replied to your comment and just made my own. I agree server issues need to be fixed. I just meant that if late joining was "eliminated" more so curved to an earlier time we shouldn't have this issue of the servers crashing at the end of finals which seems to be the only time people are really up in arms about it. To me seems like an easy fix for hutch to make it so brackets close at a certain time and if you still happen to get lucky and join a bracket that just opened at the entry deadline then so be it. At least it won't ruin the event for the rest of people who actually have played in it for more than 1 minute but can't play in the final minutes because of server errors 
    As AndreasSimmer already said:

I dont think latejoining is the problem, that is blaming the wrong. Serverstructure is the problem.
    At the end of the event the majority of players all race at the same time and servers cant handle that load of requests. Even if latejoining is stopped someway, the situation will stay the same as the last minutes of the finals are those where the decision is made. If we cant race there properly the whole concept is broken.
  • BasilBasil Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    I agree with Relais. HutchTim already pointed out that the servers are 3th party (no excuse though). Failed 1 time ok, Failed 2 times => Go somewhere else and pay more money. I'm sure that this is not a strategy late join thing from Hutch. This server issue makes everyone mad.
    Anzatoro said:
    Basil said:
    I’m not going to resurrect the whole 405 Pikes argument as you at Hutch clearly don’t care about it, but here’s a thought. If you are going to sell multiple CFs for each leg of a Tri-Series event, why not put them on offer a couple of days BEFORE the event starts, especially for the Final? If you’re insistent that we need to join as early as possible, offering packs only after the event starts inherently makes that difficult. If I pull an Epic from a Pack as soon as as they come available at 10pm on the first day, I may not have maxed it until 33 hours into the event at the absolute earliest, presuming that I start each fuse immediately after the next, other than overnight when I’d start the next fuse at 7am when I wake up. It’ll be even longer if (as generally happens) I’m not able to do fuses immediately back to back, because I have kids, and a business to run, and stuff that goes with real life. It also presumes that I already have the cash and food to max the car. This is exactly what happened to me in the 405 final.

You won’t tell us what the cut off is to be considered to have played long enough if there’s a repeat of the server issue, and yet you encourage us to do the above in order to strengthen our hands, and actively push multiple CFs on us during the event. That seems disingenuous to say the least. Make them available earlier, so that it looks as though you’re not tacitly encouraging later joining while at the same time moralising about how bad it is. 

Ahhh, there are the 'skipp' gold buttons for. That's the reason I guess :-)
    I know, but who uses those apart from the occasional rush of blood to the head?
    You will be surprised how many people spend 1000euros+ per month on this game..
    @Basil :)
    Malani said:
    binner said:
    binner said:

Late joining 30sek before the end and missing the final all together because of server errors? - No
    Late joining 5min before the end, getting as much wins with 5 tickets as possible and waiting for the server error? - Yes
    binner said:

As AndreasSimmer already said:
    I dont think latejoining is the problem, that is blaming the wrong. Serverstructure is the problem.
    At the end of the event the majority of players all race at the same time and servers cant handle that load of requests. Even if latejoining is stopped someway, the situation will stay the same as the last minutes of the finals are those where the decision is made. If we cant race there properly the whole concept is broken.
  • REALAISREALAIS Posts: 560 ✭✭✭
    Anzatoro said:
    REALAIS said:
    StealthFT said:
    When a race is skipped to the end, it keeps waiting until the opponent finishes. If the opponent's car is slow, it unnecessarily wastes a lot of time waiting. This should be fixed so that when a race is skipped, it should directly go to the results.
    This is especially frustrating in Club mode since it's already quite slow and it becomes even more of a nuisance when one is trying to get 5 races in before the score counter runs out.
    Just activate x16 speed.
    How?
    Tap and hold finger anywhere on Display, you will have x16 while you hold it.
  • REALAISREALAIS Posts: 560 ✭✭✭
    Anzatoro said:
    REALAIS said:
    StealthFT said:
    When a race is skipped to the end, it keeps waiting until the opponent finishes. If the opponent's car is slow, it unnecessarily wastes a lot of time waiting. This should be fixed so that when a race is skipped, it should directly go to the results.
    This is especially frustrating in Club mode since it's already quite slow and it becomes even more of a nuisance when one is trying to get 5 races in before the score counter runs out.
    Just activate x16 speed.
    How?
    Tap and hold anywhere on display. 
  • AnzatoroAnzatoro Posts: 289 ✭✭✭
    Anzatoro said:
    REALAIS said:
    StealthFT said:
    Just activate x16 speed.
    How?
    touch and hold the screen
    Lol i know that i thought he said something like x26 or x32 
    Anzatoro said:
    REALAIS said:
    StealthFT said:
    Just activate x16 speed.
    How?
    Haha i know that, i thought he said something like x26 but i was mistaken.
    Anzatoro said:
    REALAIS said:
    StealthFT said:
    Just activate x16 speed.
    How?
    Lol i know that i thought he said something like x26 or x32 
    Anzatoro said:
    REALAIS said:
    StealthFT said:
    Just activate x16 speed.
    How?
    Haha i know that, i thought he said something like x26 but i was mistaken.
  • floop200floop200 Posts: 50 ✭✭
    RobGripes said:
    jiga said:
    migge said:
    I would suggest to end the events 1 hour earlier like in winter time. 11pm whole week is to late. sorry
    you poor thing.  what time do events end for you @RobGripes, @AdxRE, @Avenged, et al?  I guess there are various degrees of inconvenience but no doubt event end times are perfect for someone

Mine's not perfect, but clearly not as bad as 11pm though. That is literally the last hour of the day. Much better to have events end at 4am like for me.

Then again, maybe @floop200 can share his end time? I remember being quite envious of him.
    Well... My whole TD experience only give me end time at 4.00 AM and 5.00 AM when DST are applied.
    Almost all event will drop me 1 Tier ...exclude if i have big lead or friends here and discord are protecting me. 

Dont care if u have decent hand..it will suffer u cos u can't play or active 1 hour prior to end. Not always but 75 percent of it.

I know im not P2W everytime and not a medium to big spender....so i know about my limitations..

It'll great if in some event have gradually event end time to pleased us which is maybe for us is Asian and Oceania region can end at least at 11 PM or 12 PM.

I know too that maybe its not gonna be pleased all players cos have so many timezone but at least we are from this region can have some time to smile when getting prize car or decent position in big event especially.

Big thanks to all in here and my discord group who knew my limitations and conditions.
  • floop200floop200 Posts: 50 ✭✭
    RobGripes said:
    jiga said:
    migge said:
    I would suggest to end the events 1 hour earlier like in winter time. 11pm whole week is to late. sorry
    you poor thing.  what time do events end for you @RobGripes, @AdxRE, @Avenged, et al?  I guess there are various degrees of inconvenience but no doubt event end times are perfect for someone

Mine's not perfect, but clearly not as bad as 11pm though. That is literally the last hour of the day. Much better to have events end at 4am like for me.

Then again, maybe @floop200 can share his end time? I remember being quite envious of him.
    Well... My whole TD experience only give me end time at 4.00 AM and 5.00 AM when DST are applied.
    Almost all event will drop me 1 Tier ...exclude if i have big lead or friends here and discord are protecting me. 

Dont care if u have decent hand..it will suffer u cos u can't play or active 1 hour prior to end. Not always but 75 percent of it.

I know im not P2W everytime and not a medium to big spender....so i know about my limitations..

It'll great if in some event have gradually event end time to pleased us which is maybe for us is Asian and Oceania region can end at least at 11 PM or 12 PM.

I know too that maybe its not gonna be pleased all players cos have so many timezone but at least we are from this region can have some time to smile when getting prize car or decent position in big event especially.

Big thanks to all in here and my discord group who knew my limitations and conditions.
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blue2moro said:
    QoL improvement for the forum...stop these waves of moderated posts.  I thought something was kicking off with the amount of unread messages popping up on some threads.
    Tim mentioned in another thread that this should be the last wave of these old post appearing.
    Hi @Hutch_Katie , are you working on the forum now? Did i miss your welcome post? Have fun here.