Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus SCG003S Testing and Corrections

TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
Change top speed from 217 to at least 231
"Maximum speed in excess of 230MPH"

Change Handling from 95 to 98 or higher
"2G’s of mechanical grip on road tires"
For reference, the P1 GTR achieves 1.54G's and has Handling of 97
The SCG003S has 1900 pounds of downforce compared to 1455 for the P1 GTR
Grain of salt - until these are verified by an independent source we need to accept a +/- factor, but this car is essentially the race car converted for street use with more power (and estimated to lap the Nurburgring in the 6 minutes 30 second range - quicker than any other street car)

https://glickenhausracing.com/scg-003

Comments

• Ivo_KamburovIvo_Kamburov Posts: 817 ✭✭✭✭
    Also, I've asked this like 5 times and they of course never responded: Hutch, show us your sources for the 0-60 on the P1 GTR! 
  • GT47LMGT47LM Posts: 406 ✭✭✭✭
    This car looks like it has a speed of 5. It looks fast and also has a cool factor. Don't forget the name is very exotic and foreign sounding. Crunch the numbers into our custom software and we'll get our random number generator to slap some random numbers on this baby and we'll call it a successful and statistically factual Top Drives prize car
  • TGPDTGPD Posts: 6,032 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the P1 GTR has 97 handling from 1.54G,
    then with 2G's:
    97/1.54=62.98
    62.98*2=125.96

Or you can do it the other way round:
    1.54/97=0.01587...
    2/0.01587...=125.96
    So if the same formula is applied, then the SCG003S has effectively

126 grip
    It does have 130% more grip than the P1 GTR tho, so at least 105?
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    In short, it doesn’t work like that
    Maybe I'm a bit too optimistic
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    I agree that the handling should be increased (or the GTR decreased, if that is found to be the better route).  Just not sure how high it should be above the rest of the cars.
  • LEGENDNADALEGENDNADA Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭✭
    It's the only car in this manufacture so hutch should really make it's state impressive, at least as it's real states (high speed + powerful grip) buff
  • hillclimberhillclimber Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    there are no reliable source for this car? If so than I'm okay with it's stats. Better play it safe and leave room for improvement than the other way around.
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    O__VER said:
    If there are no reliable third party sources, then there is nothing left to do but trust manufacturer claims. Going by @TopDrives40778 posts, the car doesn't even match manufacturer claims so its unclear where Hutch even got the stats.

I don't know why made up stats would be more desirable than manufacturer claims.
    I believe those were old preliminary performance numbers for the car before it was finalized
    Wouldn't it have actually been way more straightforward to implement it from the very beginning with real G-Force stats, rather than some made up numbers? 
  • Nacho101Nacho101 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭✭
    Grain of salt - until these are verified by an independent source we need to accept a +/- factor, but this car is essentially the race car converted for street use with more power (and estimated to lap the Nurburgring in the 6 minutes 30 second range - quicker than any other street car)
    Isn’t this claimed time from the race version of the car?
    Wouldn't it have actually been way more straightforward to implement it from the very beginning with real G-Force stats, rather than some made up numbers? 
    I meant how the engine simulates the physics 
  • grandvachegrandvache Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evo certainly don't test g-force stats, it's not a measure I see used much in the UK press.  The US loves it as far as I can tell.
  • LEGENDNADALEGENDNADA Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭✭
    So whats Hutch opinion on that ?
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is that as they've said previously, they don't always rely on manufacturers claims, so until someone can prove figures, they won't change it.
    edited April 2019
    So whats Hutch opinion on that ?
    It's that they should keep it low-key and try to ignore it, or else they'd have to rework their game engine 
    My guess is that as they've said previously, they don't always rely on manufacturers claims, so until someone can prove figures, they won't change it.
    Well can the numbers on the Nordschleife be checked? Numbers don't lie, especially 2Gs while cornering 
  • greddygreddy Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Well can the numbers on the Nordschleife be checked? Numbers don't lie, especially 2Gs while cornering 
    6:33 was recorded with racing car and not with production car. Yeah i know manufacturer claims about being the same, but racing car have slicks, racing fuel, some tweaks in aerodynamics etc.. 

There is no official time recorded so everything is just speculation tbh..
  • UltimateUltimate Posts: 777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only change the stats if I manage to win it 😉😁...
  • hillclimberhillclimber Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    greddy said:
    6:33 was recorded with racing car and not with production car. Yeah i know manufacturer claims about being the same, but racing car have slicks, racing fuel, some tweaks in aerodynamics etc.. 

they added 100kg ballast to simulate the production car. so you can assume it was not on slicks or on super juice. 
  • krystiankrystian Posts: 653 ✭✭✭✭
    greddy said:

they added 100kg ballast to simulate the production car. so you can assume it was not on slicks or on super juice. 
    It was on slicks
  • krystiankrystian Posts: 653 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019

It doesn't matter if you buy a Lamborghini Huracan Performante, close the track down, and hire Marco Mapelli—the same guy who set the 6:52 Nurburgring Nordschleife production car lap record in that car—to drive you around as fast as he can. 

Because in case you've forgotten, the SCG 003 race car laps the Nurburgring in 6:42. That's 10 seconds faster than the Huracan. And 16 seconds faster than the 918 Spyder. 

@TopDrives40778 posting unproved track times speculations?Estimated times don't count you told me and now you posting estimated times?

Where do you have info for 230mph excess speed?

Post edited by krystian on
  • ritter_seboritter_sebo Posts: 375 ✭✭✭