General Discussion

New Car Suggestions

Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 818 admin
edited April 4 in General Discussion
Now, we know what our next few updates will be, but then what should come next? We've looked at player suggestions and highlighted some new manufacturers and tuning companies to license, but we don't have large model lists yet. So if you like identifying new models for Top Drives, here's a dozen spicy brands to focus on:

Alpina
Brabus
De Tomaso
Gemballa
Gumpert
Hennessey
Iso
Isuzu
Liberty Walk
Saab
SEAT
Skoda

Feel free to post in the thread, but be sure to submit any ideas one model at a time via the form so they can be considered:

https://docs.google.com/a/hutchgames.com/forms/d/1ZA1Oe_BdPRkDxLZvTyItECKbpRi57HN5t0CX7eVr9kw/edit?usp=forms_home&ths=true

Comments

• ManUtdTobbeManUtdTobbe Member Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SAAB 😍
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huskic69 said:
    please no liberty walk
    Are they even a tuner/turn key producer?  I thought they just made body kits?
    No Koenigsegg, does that mean they’re already licensed? 🤔😏
  • adms87adms87 Member Posts: 292 ✭✭✭
    Iso and De Tomaso please. Do you really need us to submit the form?? Just put all the cars from these 2 brands.
  • O__VERO__VER Member Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    Huskic69 said:
    please no liberty walk
    That's what I thought. And I agree — I get that we tune cars in this game but I always liked that the cars were stock and there weren't any trashy bodykits and visual customisations.

What would a Liberty Walk car even be in this game? A Liberty Walk version of a car we have already? I would sell it as soon as I pulled it. And you'd have to give it -5 handling compared to the original in my opinion.
  • krystiankrystian Member Posts: 646 ✭✭✭✭
    Now, we know what our next few updates will be, but then what should come next? We've looked at player suggestions and highlighted some new manufacturers and tuning companies to license, but we don't have large model lists yet. So if you like identifying new models for Top Drives, here's a dozen spicy brands to focus on:

Alpina
    Brabus
    De Tomaso
    Gemballa
    Gumpert
    Hennessey
    Iso
    Isuzu
    Liberty Walk
    Saab
    SEAT
    Skoda

Feel free to post in the thread, but be sure to submit any ideas one model at a time via the form so they can be considered:

https://docs.google.com/a/hutchgames.com/forms/d/1ZA1Oe_BdPRkDxLZvTyItECKbpRi57HN5t0CX7eVr9kw/edit?usp=forms_home&ths=true
    No Lambo...No Ferrari... No Audi...Oohh I forgot we have Audi  IG buy didn't use any for over 1 year now...
    Seat Skoda why not Vw?
    What's Libery walk?

krystian said:

Alpina
    Brabus
    De Tomaso
    Gemballa
    Gumpert
    Hennessey
    Iso
    Isuzu
    Liberty Walk
    Saab
    SEAT
    Skoda

No Lambo...No Ferrari... No Audi...Oohh I forgot we have Audi  IG buy didn't use any for over 1 year now...
    Seat Skoda why not Vw?
    What's Libery walk?

They probably have all of those brands licensed or atleast in the works of getting licensed already

Yeah I would say they probably already have a good list of VWs anyway.
  • Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 818 admin
    edited April 4
    krystian said:
    Seat Skoda why not Vw?
    The form has been up for seven months. If you want to submit Volkswagen models suggestions...you can just do it.

As the original post says, this is a thread to prompt particular manufacturers where we haven't already got large model lists. Also, some people like to focus on researching a single brand, so it's a list of brands they can choose to focus on.
    Post edited by Hutch_Robin on
  • adms87adms87 Member Posts: 292 ✭✭✭
    I just flooded the form with all the Iso models.
    edited April 4
    Hey @Hutch_Robin, an idea for a future update. Add SAAB, Skoda and Seat (and Koenigsegg?) together and have a ”rest of europe” tag, then add that tag to the KTMs (And Volvo) aswell, this makes KTM finally useful. 
  • greddygreddy Member Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ManUtdTobbe said:
    Hey @Hutch_Robin, an idea for a future update. Add SAAB, Skoda and Seat (and Koenigsegg?) together and have a ”rest of europe” tag, then add that tag to the KTMs (And Volvo) aswell, this makes KTM finally useful. 
    This tag apply to Volvo aswell
  • Huskic69Huskic69 Member Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 4
    HeissRod said:
    Huskic69 said:
    please no liberty walk
    they just make body kits
    O__VER said:
    HeissRod said:
    Huskic69 said:
    please no liberty walk
    That's what I thought. And I agree — I get that we tune cars in this game but I always liked that the cars were stock and there weren't any trashy bodykits and visual customisations.

What would a Liberty Walk car even be in this game? A Liberty Walk version of a car we have already? I would sell it as soon as I pulled it. And you'd have to give it -5 handling compared to the original in my opinion.
    those kits just add unnecessary weight to the car and make them just look horrendous and ricey  
    greddy said:
    ManUtdTobbe said:
    This tag apply to Volvo aswell
    Yeah, i edited :)
  • grandvachegrandvache Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 4
    Huskic69 said:
    HeissRod said:
    Huskic69 said:
    please no liberty walk
    they just make body kits
    O__VER said:
    HeissRod said:
    Huskic69 said:
    please no liberty walk

those kits just add unnecessary weight to the car and make them just look horrendous and ricey  
    In your opinion.

Seriously, do we have to moan about a branch of car culture we don't personally like?  I don't get old land rovers, but if you do?  Great, more power to you.  You like your cars stanced?  Good for you, it's not my thing, but that's A-OK.

This isn't the console wars, and it's not 1992.  I don't have to hate on you because you like Nintendo and I happen to own a sega.  It's was stupid then and it's stupid now.  What you eat doesn't make me defecate.
    Huskic69 said:
    HeissRod said:
    Huskic69 said:
    please no liberty walk
    they just make body kits
    O__VER said:
    HeissRod said:
    Huskic69 said:
    please no liberty walk

In your opinion.

Seriously, do we have to moan about a branch of car culture we don't personally like?  I don't get old land rovers, but if you do?  Great, more power to you.  You like your cars stanced?  Good for you, it's not my thing, but that's A-OK.

This isn't the console wars, and it's not 1992.  I don't have to hate on you because you like Nintendo and I happen to own a sega.  It's was stupid then and it's stupid now.  What you eat doesn't make me defecate.
    I think half the point of a forum is to state our opinions. If we didn't, then the game may go in a direction that nobody was that keen on.

There was definitely no hate towards any members here, just opinions on Liberty Walk. And I think that's fine.
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huskic69 said:
    HeissRod said:
    Huskic69 said:
    please no liberty walk
    they just make body kits
    O__VER said:
    HeissRod said:
    Huskic69 said:
    please no liberty walk

In your opinion.

This isn't CSR2, where a liberty walk huracan can run the half mile half a second faster than its counterpart without the kit, this is "car cards racing". Stick to the mainstream with this one. I'm sure that tuner cars might be allowed into the game (BBR anyone), but not bodykits that might not add any realistic performance and only offers visual gains.
  • ThatPorscheGuyThatPorscheGuy Member Posts: 81
    Gemballa would really spice up the handling game in top drives, can't wait to see those!
  • hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 16
    Numar said:
    We need VW

I assume this is only a question of licensing.

edited April 17
    British top-up suggestions from these manufacturers are welcome, too:

Lotus
    Vauxhall/Opel
    MG
    Rover
    TVR
  • hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 17

Lotus

Lotus 25

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lotus_25
    with a weight of only 450 kg but also only 190 hp, I don't think it would be too dominating over all.

Lotus Elise GT1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lotus_Elise_GT1
    Road legal version or the Race car.

Hennessy Venom GT

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hennessey_Venom_GT
    not a Lotus but close to it and you mentioned a possible contract with Hennessey.
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Member Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the lotus 25 idea
  • willcf15willcf15 Member Posts: 323 ✭✭✭
    edited April 17
    Just spammed the suggestion form with a bunch of Toyotas, including this masterpiece, the GT-One:

Image result for gt one road car

The Nissan R390 is getting lonely without it

• evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Member Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toyota will not give new licenses. we should have a sticky about that, especially in the IGF
    Toyota will not give new licenses. we should have a sticky about that, especially in the IGF
    If something changes, at least we'll have a list ready to go. But yes, it's not the most optimal way to identify cars for likely inclusion in Top Drives.
  • johns294johns294 Member Posts: 74 ✭✭✭
    How About Some American Motors Love