General Discussion

SCG Finals - French Renaissance (Event)

Comments

• OzzmanOzzman Member Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 15
    I did a late join, I was in a group with 5 people, I was ranked number 1. 30 second before the end I did the last refresh.
    The event finished
    Around midnight I went to collect my reward.
    I got place 95. How is this possible?
    Well, you're not the only one who tried late joining. 30 seconds is a lot of time. 94 people can easily join in half a minute. How many tickets have you played?
    Post edited by Ozzman on
  • vladimir1989vladimir1989 Member Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    Ozzman said:
    I did a late join, I was in a group with 5 people, I was ranked number 1. 30 second before the end I did the last refresh.
    The event finished
    Well, you're not the only one who tried late joining. 30 seconds is a lot of time. 94 people can easily join in half a second. How many tickets have you played?
    There is no way that someone could have beaten me  to the 95th place from first.
  • OzzmanOzzman Member Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 15
    Ozzman said:
    The event finished
    Well, you're not the only one who tried late joining. 30 seconds is a lot of time. 94 people can easily join in half a second. How many tickets have you played?
    There is no way that someone could have beaten me  to the 95th place from first.
    It is possible. It depends on your hand, and the number of tickets you played. Late joining is a lottery, many people try it, when they don't have a very good hand. Probably more than a 100 people joined your bracket in that last 30 seconds and many of them either had a better hand than yours, or played more tickets than you. Also I remember the refresh button on the event screen is not always reliable, sometimes it's better to go to the main screen and back into the event to refresh (not sure this still is an issue).
  • tichoblintichoblin Member Posts: 949 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, keep trying new formats, Tri Series are a bit stale.

and it’s really easy to make sure the prizes in the prelims are atleast useful in the finals... just set the track sets ahead of time and make sure the prizes before fit on that track set. 

Easiest way this time would have been to have some bumpy streets in there and have the best bumpy car as top prize in prelims and then the Metropolis/CXperience as the top prize in the qualifier for the rain tracks. Wouldn’t have been perfect but both cars would have been useful
    Won prelims, won qualifiers, bought almost 100 French ceramics and 4 carbons. Even got FR Bugatti (thought I was lucky ha!). As a result, barely got 6th place, fighting till the end and burning money on tickets. 
    That definitely not how it should work in my opinion..
  • tichoblintichoblin Member Posts: 949 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozzman said:
    The event finished
    There are a lot of ways it could be done.
    When join late spend money on tickets and race till the end.
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Member Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 15
    In my experience around 120 country premiums, a lot of food and around 18k gold is barely enough to get you t1 after an update. 
    Kind of terrifying really. Perhaps it's time to start hoarding for pl9? 
  • greddygreddy Member Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 15
    As a F2P, i went all in into this update. Won Scuderia pretty comfortable at the end with big gap to 3rd. 
    At the end dont know if it was worthy, as i spent entire gold stash (15k), 2.5 mio saved IG cash, all UR Food and sold entire E & D garage and majority of F and C garages looking for that Megane. 

• Nacho101Nacho101 Member Posts: 441 ✭✭✭✭
    greddy said:
    As a F2P, i went all in into this update. Won Scuderia pretty comfortable at the end with big gap to 3rd. 
    At the end dont know if it was worthy, as i spent entire gold stash (15k), 2.5 mio saved IG cash, all UR Food and sold entire E & D garage and majority of F and C garages looking for that Megane. 

And then there are people that opened 1pack and got a megane... such is this fortune in this game. I consider myself lucky that after 65 French packs and 4 FR CFs I got the megane.
  • greddygreddy Member Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nacho101 said:
    greddy said:

And then there are people that opened 1pack and got a megane... such is this fortune in this game. I consider myself lucky that after 65 French packs and 4 FR CFs I got the megane.
    The most i miss is my low end garage, time to rebuild. 
  • grandvachegrandvache Member Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozzman said:
    TD42792 said:
    Agreed, keep trying new formats, Tri Series are a bit stale.

and it’s really easy to make sure the prizes in the prelims are atleast useful in the finals... just set the track sets ahead of time and make sure the prizes before fit on that track set. 

Easiest way this time would have been to have some bumpy streets in there and have the best bumpy car as top prize in prelims and then the Metropolis/CXperience as the top prize in the qualifier for the rain tracks. Wouldn’t have been perfect but both cars would have been useful
    From our point of view I agree, it’s all about the pack sales though, they wouldn’t shift them if people needed the ultra rare bumpy street cars. 
    Yep, people went nuts to find a megane trophy
    That stupid Megane is the new Furai/Hellcat, at least for me. They are the same in every way: a dominant and relatively easily attainable car, that everyone seems to have, but me.
    The key difference is that for the furai at least there was only one epic available in Mazda CFs.  Very quickly even holding one became insufficient, and it's killed Mazda events.

They really need to make it slick, it's the only way to combat the OP nature of the car, I'm very glad they took that step with the Mégane, it'll make it much easier to build events where the Mégane can't / won't dominate.

There are thankfully a few more FR epics (6 in FR packs). Owning one wasn't (quite) necessary to win in my bracket but it's absolutely going to be a key car, and I dare say by the end of FR content holding more than one will be important.
    greddy said:

I didn't go as far as you, didn't sell any of my garage, but I did spend around 4-5 mil on french premiums and the 11k gold I had saved and burnt almost all of my UR food.

i think i did pretty well, but it shows the scale of preparation you need to take for new content as F2P.  

The metropolis and the 208 came from prizes, the rest were all bought with cash or gold.  No RMT.
  • vladimir1989vladimir1989 Member Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    Rawel said:
    The event finished
    By refreshing do you mean that refresh button on the leaderboard? I had some strange experiences with it, and since then I don't believe it's working properly
    Yes that one we were a group of 5 people till the last 27 seconds, not even 30. that was my last refresh. I was on place number 1. I joined 8 min before the end. so there is no way in hell that 90 people joined our group in the last 30 seconds and won against me. I had 5 victories. there is no way you can play me in 30 seconds or less 5 times and even if you did I would not end up 90 places behind. 
  • krystiankrystian Member Posts: 646 ✭✭✭✭
    Rawel said:
    The event finished
    By refreshing do you mean that refresh button on the leaderboard? I had some strange experiences with it, and since then I don't believe it's working properly
    Yes that one we were a group of 5 people till the last 27 seconds, not even 30. that was my last refresh. I was on place number 1. I joined 8 min before the end. so there is no way in hell that 90 people joined our group in the last 30 seconds and won against me. I had 5 victories. there is no way you can play me in 30 seconds or less 5 times and even if you did I would not end up 90 places behind. 
    If you joined 8min before the end and played 5 tickets let say 5 min of event left.Simply your leaderboard didn't refresh and you end up 90 places behind...If you doing late entry you buy tickets not like you only played 5.Lol
  • JacoJaco Member Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 15
    Rawel said:
    The event finished
    So if I understand you correctly, you were so miserly to think you could take the gamble to win that car even without huge investments and than you even didn't mind to invest only 100 gold for another set of tickets, allthough you could even play only 1 ticket due lack of enough time to play them all 5?

That really hurts, knowing you could have "bought" the car for only 100 gold, where others invested a lot of IGC, gold or / and time and they even missed out of that car.
    Sorry buddy, I really do feel your pain.

Good thing of you bringing it up here in the forum.
    Rawel said:
    The event finished
    The refresh button IS janky.  It's also absolutely possible for that many people to have joined right at the end.  Remember you don't need one person to play you five times if 10 different people win one hand against you (again totally plausible in 30ish second) that's 200 points lost.

That's the downside with late entry, it's a high risk strategy.

You're probably not going to get much sympathy on this forum i'm afraid.
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I lowered my expectations too much.
    At least it's good to know that the mra on the candyman is awful...
    Anyways, time for the P1 GTR!
    Its not like i will win it anyways
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 16
    The event finished
    I'm going to guess the result board wasn't showing all of your opponents.  If you would have had time to back out, then go back in, the rest of the leaderboard would have populated.
    Post edited by HeissRod on
  • MoogMoog Member Posts: 325 ✭✭✭
    re: late join, I did a last day join a few events ago, I think I played around 15 tickets. I wasn't aiming for T1, but was comfortable in T2, 27th on the leaderboard and needed to finish top 50. I ended up 163rd.
    Not that I was mad, but I wanted to understand this, so I contacted support, asked them to treat it as a low priority but if they could explain what happened it would be appreciated. They did get back in touch with me (very quickly actually), and showed that yes, I got pummelled, combined with new people joining. They explained that with a such a low amount of tickets played, things can swing very quickly and showed some stats.
    So with just 5 tickets played, say you just got beaten twice or so, that would drop your score dramatically, lots of people will have 5-0 score lines, some people will have purchased tickets (and beaten people like you on their way up).

I hope this helps explain what may have occurred, but if you still feel like there was an error, you could contact support. In my bracket, I played 10 tickets in the last couple of mins and won them all just to stay still.
  • bantel_catbantel_cat Member Posts: 758 ✭✭✭✭
    Another report... I too was all in on this. 
    If it had gone the way of the AD events I wouldn't be playing today. 

Prior to event lucky enough to get a EB110 SS from Quali CF and a Survolt from around 15 French Premiums bought.

Had enough gold saved for 9 CFs.
    Pretty 'unlucky' here. 2 Cxperience which I vowed not to upgrade after the RQ23 AD nightmare. A useful Metropolis plus 5 Pug GTI and a 2 T16.

Then bought around 40 Premiums and got good old Trevor.

Pied one fuse into Bug and started maxing Survolt and Trevor.
    Entered Sat morning with Bug, Sur, Trev, Metropolis and Dezir.

Went ok,  reasonably in tier 1 but strong hands started showing up. Really missing that Megane.

Promised myself 10 more Premiums and got lucky on 3rd pack with a Numero 9 so that replaced the Metropolis.

Finished fairly comfortably in Tier 1 with maxed Sur and Trevor plus 3 fuses in DS 9.

So about 4 million spent (also bought a load of  Ceramics in hunt for UR food) but no gold bought (well I did for garage slots to save all C but not to buy CF)

Annoyingly not one car from 9CFs bought was used. 

Have no UR left and no Megane but other than that no complaints. 

Now the slow grind to build up the IGC again... sigh. 
  • TD01055TD01055 Member Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another report... I too was all in on this. 
    If it had gone the way of the AD events I wouldn't be playing today. 

Prior to event lucky enough to get a EB110 SS from Quali CF and a Survolt from around 15 French Premiums bought.

Had enough gold saved for 9 CFs.
    Pretty 'unlucky' here. 2 Cxperience which I vowed not to upgrade after the RQ23 AD nightmare. A useful Metropolis plus 5 Pug GTI and a 2 T16.

Then bought around 40 Premiums and got good old Trevor.

Pied one fuse into Bug and started maxing Survolt and Trevor.
    Entered Sat morning with Bug, Sur, Trev, Metropolis and Dezir.

Went ok,  reasonably in tier 1 but strong hands started showing up. Really missing that Megane.

Promised myself 10 more Premiums and got lucky on 3rd pack with a Numero 9 so that replaced the Metropolis.

Finished fairly comfortably in Tier 1 with maxed Sur and Trevor plus 3 fuses in DS 9.

So about 4 million spent (also bought a load of  Ceramics in hunt for UR food) but no gold bought (well I did for garage slots to save all C but not to buy CF)

Annoyingly not one car from 9CFs bought was used. 

Have no UR left and no Megane but other than that no complaints. 

Now the slow grind to build up the IGC again... sigh. 
    My story’s pretty similar, spent everything I had saved. Managed to get a survolt and ds9 from premiums at launch, and a Megane from the 7CF’s I bought. Maxed all epics, joined Sunday morning, pretty comfortable in the end. 

Anyone want to buy a 996 Megane?