LEGENDNADALEGENDNADA Member Posts: 846 ✭✭✭✭
Driver choice x3 ?

Comments

• 43MK443MK4 Member Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Driver choice x3 ?
    X5 in the final would be ok.
    wonder if prize cars will be permitted
  • joel24joel24 Member Posts: 640 ✭✭✭
    I think prize cars will be allowed since they didn't mention anything about it. 
  • TD01055TD01055 Member Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 19
    “Finals will be no prize cars” confirmed. FFS Hutch
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 19
    TD01055 said:
    I'd love to use my prize cars, but it's not like there is a huge precedence on this.  The last few times that prize cars were allowed in a finals event were....
    • Impreza 22B - 01/03/19 (Lotus GT4)
    • XJ220 - 11/01/18 (Evo FQ400, with an RQ limit)
    • 911 GT3 RS - 10/04/18 (911 GT1 road car & NSX-T)
    P.S.  We also need a Sad reaction to posts.
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Member Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t have any drivers choice prize cars. Are there any other than the 760rs & 911 4.0? 
  • greddygreddy Member Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 19
    Deleted
    BoxtaS said:
    I don’t have any drivers choice prize cars. Are there any other than the 760rs & 911 4.0? 
    Cayman GT4
    Impreza 22B
    Carrera 2.7 RS

I have all 5 of them, but cannot use any of them. :(
    BoxtaS said:
    HeissRod said:
    BoxtaS said:
    Cayman GT4
    Impreza 22B
    Carrera 2.7 RS

I have all 5 of them, but cannot use any of them. :(
    I’m liking the list, not the fact that you can’t use them 👍

I’ve got the 2.7rs, but it’s a bit like dating Madonna. Great 30 years ago... 
    I think I've only had one event where the 2.7 RS was mildly useful.  The GT4 hasn't been used at all. 
  • Evil_RabbitEvil_Rabbit Member Posts: 159 ✭✭✭
    whats the point of prize cars when you ocan only use them for daily, and dome random ceramic event?
    maybe its just better to aim for T2 in comming event ans save my money :)
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Member Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭✭✭
    whats the point of prize cars when you ocan only use them for daily, and dome random ceramic event?
    but if winning in top tournaments isn't the point... then what is the point of playing?
    Prize cars can be used everywhere else, except for Finals.  That's the point.
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Member Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    yes, but with the difficulty of the finals we usually only upgrade expensive cars for the finals. As such, I've never upgraded any prize car above ultra.
    HeissRod said:
    yes, but with the difficulty of the finals we usually only upgrade expensive cars for the finals. As such, I've never upgraded any prize car above ultra.
    Almost the same here.  I've put fuses into the Metro 6R4, & Lotus GT4, though.
  • Evil_RabbitEvil_Rabbit Member Posts: 159 ✭✭✭
    so, you get my point then...  there is really no point in winning the prize cars except for mayby daily.

Could we for once have a price car only event, with 2xCF or something.  I got 2 or so prize cars that hasnt been used at all ZL1, Superbird...
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Member Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure I've used the lotus gt4 in prize car final before though?
    I'm sure I've used the lotus gt4 in prize car final before though?
    HeissRod said:
    TD01055 said:
    I'd love to use my prize cars, but it's not like there is a huge precedence on this.  The last few times that prize cars were allowed in a finals event were....
    • Impreza 22B - 01/03/19 (Lotus GT4)
    • XJ220 - 11/01/18 (Evo FQ400, with an RQ limit)
    • 911 GT3 RS - 10/04/18 (911 GT1 road car & NSX-T)
    You must have missed this. :p
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Member Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Twinkie said:
    HeissRod said:
    so, you get my point then...  there is really no point in winning the prize cars except for mayby daily.
    No, I don't agree.  Prize cars have helped me numerous times in weekly challenges, bi-weekly carbon fiber events, qualifier events, prelim events, and random ceramic events.  The daily event isn't the only place to use them.  Just because I don't tend to put any fuses into the higher level ones doesn't mean they aren't useful at 333.
    Now tell me where a 911 rs 4.0 helped you? This car is totally useless and hutch now even takes its only possible use with its drivers choice tag by banning it from the finals?!
    I REALLY dont get why Prize cars are banned this time... the only good drivers choice prize car is the 760rs... but it can stillbe beaten by the 720s for example...
    But where will you ever use cars like the cayman or the 4.0 again? Maybe in 1 event a year...
    And those cars wouldnt even dominate the finals as there are many other good legendary non prize car cars which are better than the prize car ones...
    Its just embarrassing for me to even own the 911 gtrs 4.0... 
    Has it been confirmed no prize cars?
    I can’t remember ever using my 4.0 in an event, must have used it in one though as it has 66 races. 
  • TD01055TD01055 Member Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Twinkie said:
    HeissRod said:
    No, I don't agree.  Prize cars have helped me numerous times in weekly challenges, bi-weekly carbon fiber events, qualifier events, prelim events, and random ceramic events.  The daily event isn't the only place to use them.  Just because I don't tend to put any fuses into the higher level ones doesn't mean they aren't useful at 333.
    Now tell me where a 911 rs 4.0 helped you? This car is totally useless and hutch now even takes its only possible use with its drivers choice tag by banning it from the finals?!
    I REALLY dont get why Prize cars are banned this time... the only good drivers choice prize car is the 760rs... but it can stillbe beaten by the 720s for example...
    But where will you ever use cars like the cayman or the 4.0 again? Maybe in 1 event a year...
    And those cars wouldnt even dominate the finals as there are many other good legendary non prize car cars which are better than the prize car ones...
    Has it been confirmed no prize cars?
    I can’t remember ever using my 4.0 in an event, must have used it in one though as it has 66 races. 
    Confirmed

• jczerojczero Member Posts: 655 ✭✭✭✭
    Needless to say, 70% of prize cars are useless as they are either not powerful enough so you use better cars, or cuz they are banned from the finals. 
  • UltimateUltimate Member Posts: 772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prize cars are trophy pieces, if there was some way to display your prize cars, maybe a 3D graphic on the main screen that you could cycle through and rotate to see the fine details, would that make it worth more to collect?
    Twinkie said:
    HeissRod said:
    I said prize cars, not all prize cars.

Not counting Austins, I have 24 prize cars.  Of those, only 5 have yet to be useful at some time or another.
  • TimButTimBut Member Posts: 835 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you will understand that Hutch did so just to make big players buy those packs.

and give smaller players hope that packs will help them vs big ones. 

• UltimateUltimate Member Posts: 772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gah! Another UK event
  • mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2-11 and 340r?
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Member Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭✭

Or does the McLaren 12c get taken out for the lotus gt4?
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone have a 969 RQ20 Seven 360? I have a 699 already and not sure whether to make my 2nd 969.
  • greddygreddy Member Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 21
    Blue2moro said:
    Anyone have a 969 RQ20 Seven 360? I have a 699 already and not sure whether to make my 2nd 969.
    I made 969 today and already have 699. 699 wins slalom, but almost everything else goes to 969 since 7.5 as i remember correctly.