• ZotZeZotZe Member Posts: 979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Evil_Rabbit
    This is Place 4

Place 3:

Place 2:

Place 1 is Secret... 
  • Sherby90Sherby90 Member Posts: 289 ✭✭✭
    krystian said:
    no Project owner... but what cars do last place have here @ZotZe ?
    Last in my group...
    I switched my line up from
    to thisno intersted in tier 1.Maybe others need super tier 1 more than me...I'm out...And those prizes are disrespetful for me.
    It's painful to see your hand named as the weakest, but hey... It's the best I can do  :p
  • Evil_RabbitEvil_Rabbit Member Posts: 154 ✭✭✭
    tnx @ZotZe ; was just wondering if it was a last minute joiner who had the Project

• O__VERO__VER Member Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 26
    My first owner's club event and I am in a bracket of 2. Hans Hutch has a massively superior hand to my pile of cack. If he mercilessly beats me all the time I'll be stuffed with a nice negative score for when people join, not thay I really have any chance anyway. 

What's frustrating is that I'll probably end up with a ceramic if the event fills up but in the normal event I should manage a CF.
    I am in the exact same situation. Bracket of three and my hand is the worst, but by no means a bad hand. If the other two choose to destroy me, I will be screwed by late joiners. I have entered an event early and I can't actually even play because I will lose on every single ticket.

I'd love to hear how @Hutch_Robin thinks this is a good idea.
  • HansGruberHansGruber Member Posts: 59 ✭✭✭
    My first owner's club event and I am in a bracket of 2. Hans Hutch has a massively superior hand to my pile of cack. If he mercilessly beats me all the time I'll be stuffed with a nice negative score for when people join, not thay I really have any chance anyway. 

What's frustrating is that I'll probably end up with a ceramic if the event fills up but in the normal event I should manage a CF.

Feeling bad for this guy in 4th in my bracket for the same reason. His hand isn’t even bad, but he’s too deep in the hole to work his way up once it fills in. I’m taking it easy on the others until there are more people, but this guy in first is being ruthless. 
  • UltimateUltimate Member Posts: 772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 27
    Honestly though how many late joiners could there be for this event? Although it is a bit of a farce if you don’t have hand to play, a bit of non-event event for the current last placers

At least in other events if you’re really bad you can try to smurf and make something out of nothing
  • DannyDanny Member Posts: 579 ✭✭✭✭
    Why with owners events they don’t just open 1 bracket in each region until (if) the bracket fills is beyond me
  • PashaPasha Member Posts: 281 ✭✭✭
    Very interesting event
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 5,145 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would rather have the XKR-S than the F-Type honestly...
    edited April 28
    Pasha said:
    Very interesting event
    Hey @Pasha nice to see a friendly face. Such a **** event though. There's nothing I can do if more people join.

With the way it is, I should have last minute joined.
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I already have an XKR-S. I'd actually prefer T3 as I dont have that one yet and it looks to have good MRA.
    Danny said:
    Why with owners events they don’t just open 1 bracket in each region until (if) the bracket fills is beyond me
    I don't get it either. actually hutch could do one big global bracket with a desirable prize structure such as 10x CF for top 8, 5x CF for t2 and so on. The royal rumble would be fun for the whales and entertaining for everyone else to watch AND hutch could still do business. 
    That would make the most sense imo. I think globally there's probably less than 100 of us so just one small bracket would suffice. Even the few non-whales who lucked into a Project 8 like me would hopefully have something to do then.
  • PashaPasha Member Posts: 281 ✭✭✭
    O__VER said:
    Pasha said:
    Very interesting event
    Hey @Pasha nice to see a friendly face. Such a **** event though. There's nothing I can do if more people join.

With the way it is, I should have last minute joined.
    Same as me, I have a weak hand to fight agains Eric and the other one. I don’t get the point of Eric’s  decissions of hitting us, cause he has 90 wins and more then 800 points. For him it is nothing, but for us when letters join we will be far away from T1. I was thinking of a late join as well, but wanted to play. 

I dont mind if nobody will join us)

Latejoiners paradise! 
    Good job hutch, and i cant race them... i get only 4 People shown and not the one with only a hand full races... 
    Poor People that joined First day and will all get passed by latejoiners with 1 race
    And not a single statement from hutch.... Start a broken event and leaving in the weekend 😁
  • Destroyer2k11999Destroyer2k11999 Member Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was fearing late joiners since I hadn't upgraded my hand like I should've, saved some resources!
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Member Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZotZe said:
    And not a single statement from hutch.... Start a broken event and leaving in the weekend 😁
    There is absolutely no point opening up all these brackets in both these finals, if it’s to try and combat late joining it's doing the exact opposite. 
    ZotZe said:
    There is absolutely no point opening up all these brackets in both these finals, if it’s to try and combat late joining it's doing the exact opposite. 
    Exactly ...

I dont get Place 4 and 5 as a opponent selection... so i can bring those late joiners to the Place they deserve. Poor Luca and Mauro...
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Member Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And my project 8 final bracket closed just before the end after being open for nearly 3 days...... played exactly into a late joiners hands. 
  • Destroyer2k11999Destroyer2k11999 Member Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ended up with an Evoque, meh, all the farming though makes up for it
  • krystiankrystian Member Posts: 645 ✭✭✭✭
    ZotZe said:

Latejoiners paradise! 
    Good job hutch, and i cant race them... i get only 4 People shown and not the one with only a hand full races... 
    Poor People that joined First day and will all get passed by latejoiners with 1 race
    Genius creating this events...brackets with few players...late joiners winning prize cars entering in last minutes...and giving us such a bad prizes...
    Can't get worst than that...
    edited April 28
    My owners club bracket had three people for two days. One, a well-known whale who could beat the other two of us easily — not that we had bad hands, he just had a ridiculous hand. I couldn't play a ticket because I knew I would lose.

One person joined yesterday and another person joined with less than 15 minutes left. So we had five people and here's me at the bottom on negative several hundred points. One more person would have dropped me out of tier 1.

Luckily for me, that didn't happen and I got the Legendary Jag for three days of waiting. I'm at least happy about that.

BUT I would love to hear @Hutch_Robin and @Hutch_Tim's comments on this. This is by far the worst thing I've ever experienced in Top Drives. Three days of nothing. A non-event where one person just beat down the rest of us. Is that supposed to be fun?

I'm lucky to have won more than 14 prize cars in Top Drives but you are sorely mistaken if you think I am going to enter early again. By far the best choice was a last second join. If this is what I have to expect in future owner's club events, then you've lost me as a paying customer.
  • Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 818 admin
    edited April 29
    O__VER said:
    My owners club bracket had three people for two days. One, a well-known whale who could beat the other two of us easily — not that we had bad hands, he just had a ridiculous hand. I couldn't play a ticket because I knew I would lose.

One person joined yesterday and another person joined with less than 15 minutes left. So we had five people and here's me at the bottom on negative several hundred points. One more person would have dropped me out of tier 1.

Luckily for me, that didn't happen and I got the Legendary Jag for three days of waiting. I'm at least happy about that.

BUT I would love to hear @Hutch_Robin and @Hutch_Tim's comments on this. This is by far the worst thing I've ever experienced in Top Drives. Three days of nothing. A non-event where one person just beat down the rest of us. Is that supposed to be fun?

I'm lucky to have won more than 14 prize cars in Top Drives but you are sorely mistaken if you think I am going to enter early again. By far the best choice was a last second join.
    Yeah, the Owners' events don't really work. The prizes are huge for almost no effort, and it's not particularly compelling. Rerunning old Finals events definitely is great for the game, it makes it much more sustainable, and can be a slight catch-up mechanic, which is important in games that run for years.

We're working on a late join fix and I think I'll boost points per win at the same time. These two things will be great for Finals, ensuring better prizes go to the better performers. However, neither of these issues directly improves your experience here. Smaller prize tiers may help a little, so that top players are attacking one another, not just the lowest player.

I can investigate going to a single bucket for Finals. It'll be some amount of work, no doubt. My hope in going in this direction in Club Events means we can apply some of the event structure ideas to regular events.

Long term, if we can get more players retaining in the game, more people will win prize cars, and more people will be in Finals events. That will help. However, that's an effort that will take months. Other longer term solutions could be we run an additional regular event on Finals weekend and look at running a Owners' Challenge, not event.
    Post edited by Hutch_Robin on
    O__VER said:

I'm lucky to have won more than 14 prize cars in Top Drives but you are sorely mistaken if you think I am going to enter early again. By far the best choice was a last second join.
    Yeah, the Owners' events don't really work. The prizes are huge for almost no effort, and it's not particularly compelling. Rerunning old Finals events definitely is great for the game, it makes it much more sustainable, and can be a slight catch-up mechanic, which is important in games that run for years.

We're working on a late join fix and I think I'll boost points per win at the same time. These two things will be great for Finals, ensuring better prizes go to the better performers. However, neither of these issues directly improves your experience here. Smaller prize tiers may help a little, so that top players are attacking one another, not just the lowest player.

I can investigate going to a single bucket for Finals. It'll be some amount of work, no doubt. My hope in going in this direction in Club Events means we can apply some of the event structure ideas to regular events.

Long term, if we can get more players retaining in the game, more people will win prize cars, and more people will be in Finals events. That will help. However, that's a effort that will takes months. Other longer term solutions could be we run an additional regular event on Finals weekend and look at running a Owners' Challenge, not event.
    Thanks for the response. I think personally I would prefer an Owners' Challenge while these Owners' Club events are so thinly populated. I doubt this event was fun even for the one whale that got to continuously beat me since he would have been playing Hutch bots for most of the three days.

Long-term I think your other ideas make sense — a single bucket for all owners should ensure most people have something to do.
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Member Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    O__VER said:
    O__VER said:

Long term, if we can get more players retaining in the game, more people will win prize cars, and more people will be in Finals events. That will help. However, that's a effort that will takes months. Other longer term solutions could be we run an additional regular event on Finals weekend and look at running a Owners' Challenge, not event.
    Thanks for the response. I think personally I would prefer an Owners' Challenge while these Owners' Club events are so thinly populated. I doubt this event was fun even for the one whale that got to continuously beat me since he would have been playing Hutch bots for most of the three days.

Long-term I think your other ideas make sense — a single bucket for all owners should ensure most people have something to do.
    Owner's challenge does actually sound like a very good idea though