General Discussion

Players Cup Contest

GsearchGsearch Member, Administrator, Wrenchmen, Senior Wrenchmen Posts: 2,366 admin
edited May 3 in General Discussion

Welcome to the Players Cup contest.  This is a contest to see who can come up with the best sidea for an event for US, the Top Drives Players.
We are taking submissions and will chose at least one winner  for a player created event. THAT event will be entered as a future event once a winner is chosen.  So if you have ever had a great idea for an event, now is the time to speak up.

Players must create an Event from top to bottom.
The event must include:
A Title (The ______  Players Event)
ie: "The Mouse Trap" or "Moderators Revenge"
Up to TWO car restriction.
4 Track sets (chosen from the Campaign, (ie: Finland set 5, 2nd USA set 4, Monaco 10, Columbia 10)
Prizes (100) Divided  1-2, 3-10, 11-30, 31-60, 61-100   (No Cars as Prizes)
You may include a Pack Offer for the event (must be a pack previously offered).
Submission must be sent via PM to me (Gsearch) between now and 10 UTC Friday May 10th
Submissions must be in THIS format:
USER ID:
Event Title:
Restriction 1 (optional):
Restriction 2 (optional):
RQ Limit:
Track set 1:
Track set 2:
Track set 3:
Track set 4:
Prize 1-2:
Prize 3-10:
Prize 11-30:
Prize 31-60:
Prize 61-100:
Pack Offer (optional):

There are a few rules that you should know about.  I will not be telling players that their entries were DQ'ed for these reason
*Inappropriate Event Titles will be removed from contest
*Unreasonable prize pools will be removed from contest.
*Unreasonable Pack offers will be removed from contest
*Unreasonable event combos will be removed (slick ties/snow tracks) from contest

I will not be telling players that their entries were DQ'ed for these reason, if you play, you already know everything above.  All qualifying submission will be sent to the judges at one time to review and determine a winner.  (Hutch reserves the right to choose more than one winner)
Winner will be chosen by judge team at Hutch

Post edited by Gsearch on

Comments

• TD01055TD01055 Member Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What’s in it for the winner?
  • greddygreddy Member Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD01055 said:
    Fame
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Member Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone who has ever complained about an event should be submitting  :D
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Member Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2
    I would submit one but if it’s to be an event I’d like it would be with no restrictions, is that allowed @Gsearch ?
    I take it we should add a column for the RQ limit under the title?
  • O__VERO__VER Member Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2
    TD01055 said:
    Most likely an event specifically tailored to their garage which they can then go and take tier 1 in without any difficulty.
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 5,145 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "No Prize Cars Cup"
    5x Prize Car
  • UltimateUltimate Member Posts: 772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shame we can’t use the new mountain environment
  • GT47LMGT47LM Member Posts: 356 ✭✭✭
    Pack Offer: Audi packs with the same drop rate percentage before they were pulled from the store
  • EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Member Posts: 530 ✭✭✭
    I came up with three or four ideas and tried to write them down, but they were all impossible due to the combinations of tracks not being available in the campaign. 

Given how restrictive the track choice is I think this'd have to be approached from that direction. Find a combination of tracks from the campaign list first, then fit a set of requirements to them.

• GsearchGsearch Member, Administrator, Wrenchmen, Senior Wrenchmen Posts: 2,366 admin
    @LittleEnosBurdette good call.  Edited to reflect.
  • NumarNumar Member Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 4
    A ice challenge with slick tires only , winner is the one who lose , pts are given (+5/+20) according by how much you lost , -100 +5 , -200 +10 , -300 +15 , more than -400 +20 ... 
    T1 price a plastic
    T2 price a steel
    T3 price an aluminium’m
    T4 price a ceramic
    T5 price a CF
    So in final you’ll need to win to loose to win 😱

• milewski1015milewski1015 Member Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Numar said:
    A ice challenge with slick tires only , winner is the one who lose , pts are given (+5/+20) according by how much you lost , -100 +5 , -200 +10 , -300 +15 , more than -400 +20 ... 
    T1 price a plastic
    T2 price a steel
    T3 price an aluminium’m
    T4 price a ceramic
    T5 price a CF

Gsearch said:
    There are a few rules that you should know about.  I will not be telling players that their entries were DQ'ed for these reason
    *Unreasonable event combos will be removed (slick ties/snow tracks) from contest

Numar said:
    T1 price a plastic
    T2 price a steel
    T3 price an aluminium’m
    T4 price a ceramic
    T5 price a CF

Gsearch said:

Well with perf tires if you prefer
  • EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Member Posts: 530 ✭✭✭
    There are a total of 2 campaign sets with Ice tracks. One with quarter mile, g-force and slalom, the other with just slalom. 
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Member Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Numar said:
    Numar said:
    T1 price a plastic
    T2 price a steel
    T3 price an aluminium’m
    T4 price a ceramic
    T5 price a CF

Gsearch said:

Not my rule man, just making sure you saw. I think an event like that would be cool - those results are so unpredictable, people would be scrambling to figure out what works best
    Numar said:
    Numar said:
    T1 price a plastic
    T2 price a steel
    T3 price an aluminium’m
    T4 price a ceramic
    T5 price a CF

Gsearch said:

Not my rule man, just making sure you saw. I think an event like that would be cool - those results are so unpredictable, people would be scrambling to figure out what works best
    No worries man , was just an idea to change the TD routine...

• willcf15willcf15 Member Posts: 323 ✭✭✭
    edited May 7

Can we use something that hasn't been used before as a restriction? I've got a few ideas but I wanna make sure of this before I type them out. Here are the ones I'm most curious about:

• Engine position
    • weight
    • horsepower
    • torque
    Post edited by willcf15 on
  • NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Member Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Numar said:
    T1 price a plastic
    T2 price a steel
    T3 price an aluminium’m
    T4 price a ceramic
    T5 price a CF

Finally an event I can win... Oh wait 
    Any updates on this @Gsearch?
  • GsearchGsearch Member, Administrator, Wrenchmen, Senior Wrenchmen Posts: 2,366 admin
    You would not believe the number of people that came in with an idea.We are sorting through submissions for a gem.  Should not be long.

• greddygreddy Member Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only one event will be choosen? 
  • TD01055TD01055 Member Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    greddy said:
    Only one event will be choosen? 
    Why not do one a week? “Suggestion Sunday”
    edited May 20
    I am betting that more than one of these we be chosen, but Hutch agreed to one.
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Member Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any chance of an update on when this/these are going to happen? 
    I’m cautiously optimistic that the community has come up with something I might actually enjoy. 
  • ZotZeZotZe Member Posts: 979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might be a little light in the dark .... But nothing more
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Member Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happened to this?
    What happened to this?
    I was just thinking of bumping this yesterday. Got distracted and forgot to go search for the thread!

Pretty weird that this just dropped off...