General Discussion

Drivers - Choosing the best

antonyhopantonyhop Member Posts: 102 ✭✭✭
We all start with Stroll and Albon. With a few upgrades and some good strategy you are able to finish between 10 and 15 positions.
What about other drivers ? Who have you unlocked ? How does he compare to others ?

I had the ‘luck’ of unlocking Hulkenberg but he seems useless ! He always finishes on 24th position, 23 at best !! While Stroll or Albon can get at at about 15th on the same race ! Is this a bug ? A flaw in the design of drivers ? 

Comments

• O__VERO__VER Member Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You really just need to get at least three upgrades on a driver to make them useful. Albon and Stroll can be good but the next two tiers up provide a lot more skill. I have found Kvyat and Giovinazzi to be very useful so far, often qualifying 1st and 2nd. I have unlocked Gasly but he appears to need a couple of upgrades before he will be anywhere near as useful as my upgraded lower tier drivers.
  • zbozbo Member Posts: 13
    Level 4 Albon and Lv.3 Kvyat here. In my experience overtaking and defending are less useful than the remaining 4 skills. 
  • zbozbo Member Posts: 13
    Hamilton > Bottas > Vettel > Norris > Kvyat
    Although the first 3 are Epic so you'll have trouble upgrading them 
  • antonyhopantonyhop Member Posts: 102 ✭✭✭
    Still using stroll. I also have kvyat without upgrades and he seems good. 
    Hulkenberg is useless. Its like overtaking and defending stats mean nothing ! 

• letalletal Member Posts: 5
    I'm running Kvyat l5 and Bottas l2 (just unlocked him), used to run Stroll l6 and Kubica l3.
    Stroll under the rain is great, and at level 6 he has good enough stats to beat other drivers up to T4/T5.
    Kvyat is overall much better, and so is Bottas. Kubica was good until T3/T4 but couldnt really keep up.

Like zbo said, the top drivers seems to be Hamilton, Bottas, Vettel and Kvyat. I dont really like Norris so far, but I can't upgrade him further than level 2 so I may reconsider.

• LeOkratOsLeOkratOs Member Posts: 18
    I have kimmi Raikkonen and he is good too, better than bottas, but my second player is Magnussen
  • abel001abel001 Member Posts: 12
    Hi guys, I'm trying to choose a driver that is good in qualifying. From what I understand, driver's skills do not affect qualifying speed, and since both my drivers use the same car, why does one driver qualify ahead of the other? 
  • JoeTheDriverJoeTheDriver Member Posts: 3
    Hulkenberg it's a good driver ! First of all you need to have a good strategy to finish on top position. But wait, this is not all, you need a good car, upgrades, driver upgrades. The game is not so easy. Good luck !
  • letalletal Member Posts: 5
    edited May 16
    The qualifying stat is regularity. Get a driver with a high regularity to start in pole position, like Leclerc, Perez or Raikonnen.
  • GT47LMGT47LM Member Posts: 357 ✭✭✭
    edited May 16
    Deleted
    Post edited by GT47LM on
  • DabigpDabigp Member Posts: 548 ✭✭✭✭
    Can I expect Hamilton to be available in that daily rotation on the market for 400 Bucks? Cause ive been saving up for this...i saw Vettel available a while ago..
  • RacedriverRacedriver Member Posts: 42
    edited May 18
    I got Vettel in the shop and got Raikkonen from the box. Raik is far more quicker in Qual and Races, but kills tires quicker, thus thinking of replacing him by Kvyat who saves tires
  • S3XYS3XY Member Posts: 321 ✭✭✭
    Dabigp said:
    Can I expect Hamilton to be available in that daily rotation on the market for 400 Bucks? Cause ive been saving up for this...i saw Vettel available a while ago..
    I had him on the market a few days ago and upgrade him to lvl2. I have to say he is not as good as Grosjean/Kbvyat/Norris for Series 7 so I swapped him out..
  • tedlimtedlim Member Posts: 3
    So far, I've been using Raikkonen and Ricciardo for a few days. They work well in series 7. Consistency is the key to win series 7