Strategy

Strategy and tips please

zbozbo Member Posts: 13
I get that you should create some space between your drivers so they don't go to the pit together so I start with soft tyres on my faster driver and use more gas though it sometimes doesn't work out well. Other than that, I don't know much what to do. Is it best to aim for 2 pit stops on 8 lap beginner races? When is it worth it to drive with 0% tires left and not pit? Should you slow down in the corners? Are boosters ever worth it if you're f2p? Tips please.

Comments

• milewski1015milewski1015 Member Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zbo said:
    I get that you should create some space between your drivers so they don't go to the pit together so I start with soft tyres on my faster driver and use more gas though it sometimes doesn't work out well. Other than that, I don't know much what to do. Is it best to aim for 2 pit stops on 8 lap beginner races? When is it worth it to drive with 0% tires left and not pit? Should you slow down in the corners? Are boosters ever worth it if you're f2p? Tips please.
    I’m in the same boat. I don’t follow F1 so I’m not really familiar with the strategy - I’ve been able to deduce similar things to those you’ve listed, but still find myself doing very poorly in duels. Have only won 2 duels. The last one I did, my opponents cars took 1st and something in the middle teens, mine were both high teens. What strategies have worked for everybody? 
  • O__VERO__VER Member Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're driving on 0% tires, you've already failed in my opinion. At worst, that should only be happening at the end of a lap where you're about to finish the race or you're about to go into the pits. The least you can do it, the better.

Don't slow down ever in my opinion. You should be able to time your run so that you always finish the race on low fuel, but never no fuel. Slowing down actually slows you down a lot and allows opponents to catch you too much. When I race, I drive faster for part of the first lap as long as I have qualified well (in the top 5 or so) and then I use it very sparingly through the rest of the race. If I have anything left in the final lap, I drive faster to the finish. Ignore your driver's requests to slow down if you can see you have enough fuel left to finish the lap.

I have only ever had two boosters from packs. I used one once and have no idea what it did. They don't seem very useful to me but I need to do more testing.

Staggering your drivers is definitely worthwhile because you don't want them piling up in the pitlane.

One thing I have noticed is that if you qualify near the front in a dry race, often it is best to keep using soft tires and pit three times than to use hard tires which lack speed and pit twice.

• zbozbo Member Posts: 13
    edited May 10
    I was wondering at what point it's not worth changing 0% tires, like should you do it if you still have a lap to go. But I guess this is very situational so it's a dumb question.

By slowing down I meant not going top speed in the corners and trying to use it mostly for straights. After playing some more that doesn't seem like a good idea anymore.

When you start close to 1st, soft tires are indeed great since there's no one in front of you to slow you down and you can create a huge lead.

It's true that driver's requests aren't accurate and one shouldn't pay much attention to them.

Consistency seems like one of the best driver stats, it seems to affect qualification times, I might be wrong though.

• DabigpDabigp Member Posts: 604 ✭✭✭✭
    Try to get to 100 points to open the race crate...you can even race in series 1, i need about 3 races - 20 minutes to get there...the crate always contains approximately 10000 coins and other goods...
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pro tip: uninstall  >:)
  • letalletal Member Posts: 5
    The race crates are the best item in the game, they unlock cards up to the highest tier you've reached but you can farm them at the lowest.
    Right now I'm up to T5, but am farming T1 to get a lot of race crates which in turn unlock T5 stuff.

Regarding race strategy, you should aim to never be at 0%, it's better to "waste" 20% of a tire because 0% slows you down immensely.
    It's better to reduce the time spent in pit stop in the spec of the car, because you'll have a lot of races where you have to stop every 2 laps.
    Doing this allows you to spend your fuel more easily, and allows you to make both cars stop during the same lap if they are more than 5-6 sec apart.
    Honestly I never run hard tires anymore, unless I'm on Yas Marina and its more than 35°C (makes your tires melt like snow). The gain from soft tires outweighs by far the time spent at pit stops.

• DARKKiDARKKi Member Posts: 99 ✭✭
    edited May 24
    Two good reasons i found to slow down is after yellow flag has been "declared", so you will get nice fuel (and tire?) savings and when you want to let your teammate overtake another one.
    Post edited by DARKKi on
  • SnowyOwlSnowyOwl Member Posts: 241 ✭✭✭
    edited May 28
    If you have someone with terrible overtaking just give them hard compound tires so they gain positions without needing to overtake
    e.g L norris
  • StrixStrix Member Posts: 68 ✭✭✭
    The driving AI is utter garbage, and they can't share the track at all. The cars slow each other down far too much, so I find whoever qualifies best wins. Unless some stupid mistake is done. Which makes the entire game feel kind of meaningless. Some serious work is needed on this game.
  • SnowyOwlSnowyOwl Member Posts: 241 ✭✭✭
    Consistency is key
    High consistency means better starts
    just go fast on first few laps
  • ChuckBRChuckBR Member Posts: 1
    Depende de cozbo said:
    First if you get to 0% of the tires your strategy is not good.

Now an example: In the hard tire compound shows 4/7 means that if you race with the rider with the 3 arrows you spend more
     fuel and more tire, that is, it only turns 4, if you only use 1 arrow it saves fuel and can take about 7 turns. Everyone has
     to keep in mind the less time the rider stays off track the more time you lose. An example I do: In Canada I put hard tire 
    on Giovanni, I do 5 laps with 1 arrow and then I do 3 laps with soft tires with 3 arrows. You must study each track and know 
    how each driver develops on the track.