General Discussion

ME Four-Twelve Finals - UK Tour (Event)

12346»

Comments

• RuvlaRuvla Member Posts: 44
    NumarBlue2moro don't you mind sharing your hands? Just wondering, how strong they were.
  • RuvlaRuvla Member Posts: 44
    43MK4 said:
    In the end the true strength of your garage is being evaluated by hands you can field in big finals.
    Since prize cars are banned from the finals, they are demoted to barely a collectors item on that vital day - reducing their racing value to 0 in that particular situation.
    Hm, why do you want to win finals then, if you treat top prize useless? :)
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ruvla said:
    NumarBlue2moro don't you mind sharing your hands? Just wondering, how strong they were.
    No problem.
    363 12C
    339 2-11
    936 XKRS-GT
    333 JPE
    333 CSR

• OzzmanOzzman Member Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blue2moro said:
    Ruvla said:
    No problem.
    363 12C
    339 2-11
    936 XKRS-GT
    333 JPE
    333 CSR

Wow, mine was quite similar (well, 333 12C, a nearly maxed R500, and a couple of 333 epics), but I thought my only chance is a last second entry. I finished 181th, so not even a ceramic as a reward. I think that was a bad decision, I should have tried to play at least those five tickets.
  • 43MK443MK4 Member Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ruvla said:
    43MK4 said:
    In the end the true strength of your garage is being evaluated by hands you can field in big finals.
    Since prize cars are banned from the finals, they are demoted to barely a collectors item on that vital day - reducing their racing value to 0 in that particular situation.
    Very good question. The reason why I chose to go after tier 1 and win a trophy car is because it’s a TROPHY. A unique reward for achieving a great victory. Being top 1,6%. A trophy that can only be won by beating other players and can’t be won in other ways. Ultimate test of your garage.
    besides that that trophy car is just like any other real life trophy or medal that you put on the shelf and enjoy looking at it knowing u achieved something great by winning it.

(let’s look apart from joining in last minutes...)
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Member Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    43MK4 said:
    Ruvla said:
    Very good question. The reason why I chose to go after tier 1 and win a trophy car is because it’s a TROPHY. A unique reward for achieving a great victory. Being top 1,6%. A trophy that can only be won by beating other players and can’t be won in other ways. Ultimate test of your garage.
    besides that that trophy car is just like any other real life trophy or medal that you put on the shelf and enjoy looking at it knowing u achieved something great by winning it.

(let’s look apart from joining in last minutes...)
    Ironically, finishing top 10 in the qualifiers and prelims of this series was a far harder test of your garage.

I won the trophy, but I was nowhere in the qualifiers 🤷🏼‍♂️
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Member Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ruvla said:
    43MK4 said:
    this question keeps me up at night. I really have no idea what's the goal anymore.
  • lg29lg29 Member Posts: 681 ✭✭✭✭
    I kinda regret late-joining, as I feel like my hand could have gotten me to T2 at least. At least I got this Chevy from the T3 Carbon Fiber
  • rei348rei348 Member Posts: 895 ✭✭✭✭
    Ozzman said:
    Blue2moro said:
    Ruvla said:
    No problem.
    363 12C
    339 2-11
    936 XKRS-GT
    333 JPE
    333 CSR

Wow, mine was quite similar (well, 333 12C, a nearly maxed R500, and a couple of 333 epics), but I thought my only chance is a last second entry. I finished 181th, so not even a ceramic as a reward. I think that was a bad decision, I should have tried to play at least those five tickets.
    My hand was far stronger than yours and I had problems surviving in T2... Anyway congrats!
  • TD42792TD42792 Member Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blue2moro said:
    After my recent finals experiences when smurfing and trying to rise I felt late join was the only option.
    My hand was T3 at absolute best. I spent a couple hrs this afternoon running my hand on campaign tracks and noting times. Then I wrote down which cars I would put on each race for each set. That way I could quickly get races in on my late join.

It paid off, I've wanted this Merc for a long time.

Late join doesn't feel right, but I've had a really relaxed couple of days. Clubs has helped me with lost finals smurfing cash. Until late join is addressed in some way this is unfortunately the way I'll play the finals from now on.
    Yep thats what I am doing now as well. This time didnt work, had a weakish hand, almost made tier 2 but finished tier 3.
    But late joining has improved my prize car win from 0% to 50% over the past 8 finals, so definitely working, although I agree it does not feel right.
    Can I ask how late you joined? I found joining just below the 5mn works well, allows to play 5 tickets + 1 or 2 extra if the going is good.
    TD42792 said:
    Blue2moro said:
    After my recent finals experiences when smurfing and trying to rise I felt late join was the only option.
    My hand was T3 at absolute best. I spent a couple hrs this afternoon running my hand on campaign tracks and noting times. Then I wrote down which cars I would put on each race for each set. That way I could quickly get races in on my late join.

Late join doesn't feel right, but I've had a really relaxed couple of days. Clubs has helped me with lost finals smurfing cash. Until late join is addressed in some way this is unfortunately the way I'll play the finals from now on.
    Yep thats what I am doing now as well. This time didnt work, had a weakish hand, almost made tier 2 but finished tier 3.
    But late joining has improved my prize car win from 0% to 50% over the past 8 finals, so definitely working, although I agree it does not feel right.
    Can I ask how late you joined? I found joining just below the 5mn works well, allows to play 5 tickets + 1 or 2 extra if the going is good.
    I joined with around 90 seconds left on the clock. Ran 3 races, 2 wins and 1 draw.
  • rei348rei348 Member Posts: 895 ✭✭✭✭
    Blue2moro said:
    TD42792 said:
    Blue2moro said:

I joined with around 90 seconds left on the clock. Ran 3 races, 2 wins and 1 draw.
    And you managed to race 3 times in 90 seconds? My avarage time is 50 seconds each race if I put my cars super fast, most of the time is wasted looking at the running circle... Only when I was in UAE I saw the game running smooth, here in Italy doesn't matter if you use 3G, 4G, public wifi, private wifi with fiber optic 1Gb... Super slow
    Yeah. Like I said in my original post I spent about 2 hours earlier in the day running my cars on campaign tracks and noted which tracks were optimal in each set for each car. I didnt even look at the opponents, I just placed as per my notes, skipped the race, selected my card picks and went again asap.
  • bluedogsnoopbluedogsnoop Member Posts: 525 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 28
    I have lost the desire (and will to live) these days to do 3 days worth of effort for these. Same applies for Prelims/Qualifying unless I am truly competitive. I would much rather do an hour or less, spend some gold on tickets and aim for 80th and higher (for the CF) than do 72 hours for much the same result (most probably). 

This time (and last time around) I entered with 45 minutes to go. This gave me sufficient time to see if I could realistically get Tier1 or Tier2, unlike entering in the last 5 minutes when you have no real idea until the clock stops.

Last time I got to Tier2 and was happy with that, as it was more than I expected. This time Tier1 (300 gold for tickets and extra for servicing). I would have been happy with Tier 1 or 2 this time, whereas last time I did want the 4TC. I was the 460th or so person to join the bracket this time.

As people have said before. Until the system is changed, people are within their rights to play the system. I do it, not because I want an advantage (if there is one). I simply want a weekend life with the rest of my time. This was my hand btw. I came 7th. 

Post edited by bluedogsnoop on
  • rkorallerkoralle Member Posts: 624 ✭✭✭
    For me the Final settings have been pure luck. 
    I pulled a 675 from a daily ceramic some time ago, that was super usefull now.
    Entered 15 Minutes before and finished 1st with 15:0 wins.
    So happy to win the 1st price car on my own, now i feel disappointed trying out the ME...
  • mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i need to say something your support... from the CLUB update and before, the loading of trackset page is very slow... and i wirte to support... after 3 days they answer and say me that i arrived with too much points from the 8... this is why we never see leaderboards when finish an Event.. i finished 9° with one race of distance (30 points)... but hey, Hutch has always the last word and they are right!!! What a shame!!