PL8.1 - Club Events Discussion Thread

Comments

• Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    I get that, but if there are no legacy players it must have been a legacy tile that midnight started the fight on. Somehow midnight managed to then go on to win all titles around it before that battle has finished.
  • tichoblintichoblin Posts: 950 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD42792 said:
    I cant believe I will actually run out of D food to upgrade 2 measly super rares.
    This has never happened before, ever, and is extremely frustrating.
    I just cant bring myself to buy an alu. Maybe I will buy a ceramic to get D food but boy is it ridiculous.
    You may still smurf in non daily events
  • bantel_catbantel_cat Posts: 968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else not getting rewards today? Happened to me twice, event just disappeared
  • _HighVoltage__HighVoltage_ Posts: 250 ✭✭✭✭
    Even now with more diverse criteria (i.e. 3xUK and 2x French) there are still no events with Swedish as a condition/criterion. Will I never get to use my Volvos?
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somebody is doing it right...

@ZotZe lone wolfing like a boss 
  • ZotZeZotZe Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blue2moro said:
    @ZotZe lone wolfing like a boss 
    Lol
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There really is no point in trying. 

• hillclimberhillclimber Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jepp, that's my biggest criticism, if you wanna play club events most efficient it's purely about being selfish. I wish it would be more about team spirit.
  • RWareRWare Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll add to that

Why do I bother when the entirety of the 12 Blue Team just race the guys that brought Performance hand to a Winter Warrior race. He alone nullifies the 2 best Legacy scores....
  • hillclimberhillclimber Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...how ever sometimes it's fun

• Ivo_KamburovIvo_Kamburov Posts: 821 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Why is the event in our territory when there's noone that started it? 

Post edited by Ivo_Kamburov on
  • RWareRWare Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shy is the event in our territory when there's noone that started it? 

UI hasn't updated

I often do the first race, and view the leaderboard and see myself as 0-0 with 0pts

• AvengedAvenged Posts: 520 ✭✭✭✭

Why couldn't I enter the event? There was more than enough time and the player count wasn't full. I wasn't in another event either.

Team Yellow, by the way.
  • AvengedAvenged Posts: 520 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Okay so nobody knows why I couldn't enter the event. Swell.

Let's discuss how Clubs went today. Busy with the exception of tea breaks so that meant clubs earned me not much of significance during the day. Finally sitting down to play some Clubs but...

1. That no new event BS is up again.
    2. I'm sick of Winter Warrior and there are like 4 WW events up.
    3. I want to enter the RQ100 RWD x5 event but it's full. Don't want to get myself stuck on a WW event then get locked into it.
    4. Don't feel like contributing to anything else cause it's boring and doesn't even earn me dosh. My team is dying out today and there's no incentive for me to help out.
    5. So yay this is the thought process that Clubs breeds, at least in me.

Swell.

Usual complaints aside - Hutch, don't lock people into events. Sometimes I find that I have 3 perfect cars for event X but the other team has 5. So I want to quickly move on to something else where I can probably do better. But I can't do that if I'm on a 5 minute tea break and locked into a fruitless endeavor.
  • sinnersinner Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    No team work, no strategy and no fun. 

It's basically just a load of **** 😂
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jay said:
    Getting too hard to upgrade cars now. Less food and cash. Just not bothering for events anymore. Have to start saving up food for events that matter.
    Yeah pretty much. I have entered events over the last couple of days with cars at 000 because I have not wanted to waste my pitiful amounts of cash upgrading them.

Have to choose what to upgrade wisely, pretty much only choosing cars that I know will see decent use.

sinner said:
    I really have lost complete interest in clubs. The whole game feels empty. 
    Exactly right. It feels dead to me. Not enough to do that's actually worth doing.
  • lonelyterroristlonelyterrorist Posts: 133 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Must be a reason why I can't join this event highlighted blue?

Edit: I am already in an event... 
    Can the "no new events in the final 240 minutes" be reduced? I get that you dont want events running beyond the event end but as no events last that long we're left with 3+ hrs of nothing.
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blue2moro said:
    Can the "no new events in the final 240 minutes" be reduced? I get that you dont want events running beyond the event end but as no events last that long we're left with 3+ hrs of nothing.
    We have dailies back
  • mikesmikes Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SSV said:
    They should just stop counting negative points in the leaderboard towards the leaderboard total... only the scores above zero should be added together. That way the guys that play once with the wrong hand and leave don’t have as much influence on the outcome.
    Or hard cap the negative score.
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SSV said:
    They should just stop counting negative points in the leaderboard towards the leaderboard total... only the scores above zero should be added together. That way the guys that play once with the wrong hand and leave don’t have as much influence on the outcome.
    But they still do, they give the other team tons of free points