General Discussion

PL8.1 - Club Events Discussion Thread

1151618202127

Comments

  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me too, I just avoid any event with golden sun now as it's just too random.
  • Hutch_TimHutch_Tim Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 603 admin
    Ozzman said:
    RobGripes said:
    @Hutch_Tim

    I have been playing clubs a little bit this week, and I noticed that the event names do not sustain a single set of tracks. Golden sun I marked down as all dry and this week was wet tracks.

    If the tracks change then the name is meaningless. I think those event names need to have a particular set of tracks so that people know what cars to put on. Having them change makes it that much harder for players to pick a hand. 
    Yes, I've noticed that also. I wanted to be smart and make notes to myself like: for a Black Forest event you need two draggers and 3 twisty cars. But it's not working since there are certainly more than 4 tracksets for the same event name. Are there like 10 different tracksets, and each event with a certain name contains 4 of them chosen randomly? I wanted to note the sets, but just didn't have the time yet.
    Yeah, I was just feeling that too. I can see in the data that the predictable 'Winter Warriors' is actually the most popular name, and 'Golden Sun' the least popular. So I'll pass that on.
  • NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Member Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:
    Ozzman said:
    RobGripes said:
    @Hutch_Tim

    I have been playing clubs a little bit this week, and I noticed that the event names do not sustain a single set of tracks. Golden sun I marked down as all dry and this week was wet tracks.

    If the tracks change then the name is meaningless. I think those event names need to have a particular set of tracks so that people know what cars to put on. Having them change makes it that much harder for players to pick a hand. 
    Yes, I've noticed that also. I wanted to be smart and make notes to myself like: for a Black Forest event you need two draggers and 3 twisty cars. But it's not working since there are certainly more than 4 tracksets for the same event name. Are there like 10 different tracksets, and each event with a certain name contains 4 of them chosen randomly? I wanted to note the sets, but just didn't have the time yet.
    Yeah, I was just feeling that too. I can see in the data that the predictable 'Winter Warriors' is actually the most popular name, and 'Golden Sun' the least popular. So I'll pass that on.
    Can we have an update on the stupid bug involving auto save hands? If it's taking long just roll back that feature while you work on it. At the moment, you're just punishing us for playing the game
  • binnerbinner Member Posts: 519 ✭✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:
    Ozzman said:
    RobGripes said:
    @Hutch_Tim

    I have been playing clubs a little bit this week, and I noticed that the event names do not sustain a single set of tracks. Golden sun I marked down as all dry and this week was wet tracks.

    If the tracks change then the name is meaningless. I think those event names need to have a particular set of tracks so that people know what cars to put on. Having them change makes it that much harder for players to pick a hand. 
    Yes, I've noticed that also. I wanted to be smart and make notes to myself like: for a Black Forest event you need two draggers and 3 twisty cars. But it's not working since there are certainly more than 4 tracksets for the same event name. Are there like 10 different tracksets, and each event with a certain name contains 4 of them chosen randomly? I wanted to note the sets, but just didn't have the time yet.
    Yeah, I was just feeling that too. I can see in the data that the predictable 'Winter Warriors' is actually the most popular name, and 'Golden Sun' the least popular. So I'll pass that on.
    Can we have an update on the stupid bug involving auto save hands? If it's taking long just roll back that feature while you work on it. At the moment, you're just punishing us for playing the game
    Ffs it's so true decided to try play the daily to get into the top 30 and I play my first hand then go to play my second and forget about this bug and end up playing this 
    Now I might not end up making top 30. Not that the reward even matters but I did it for a bit of fun to try play the game and as @NinjaDesignz said end up getting punished
  • Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 821 admin
    binner said:
    The biggest pain I find with clubs is for most events to enter I have no idea what the track sets are going to be and often the rq limits and requirements are so varied that I have to scroll through my entire set of ultra rares (for example) to make something fit and work with the restrictions. Just to enter and find out I'm completely off with the hand I made for the track sets... Other than the obvious winter warriors one. I just tried to enter an ultra rare event with 102rq limit and I had to scroll forever to make something work. I counted I have 221 ultra rares in my garage currently. It took me way to long to just get a hand to enter. Maybe this is not a big deal for players with like below 50 cars of each rarity but I have to say it is a HUGE PAIN IN THE **** to try make a hand for clubs with a big garage. I think if you added in a filter for 19rq 20rq 21rq cars etc... I would have alot easier time putting something out. Also why not post what the track sets are with the name somewhere maybe say the help section of the game. I would probably play clubs if you made it easier to play just simple QOL improvements but for now it is just such a pain to try enter and play that I can't be bothered
    I agree. I can clean up the challenge set names when I update the seeding pool. We're actively exploring improvements to the filter system, too.

    In response to some other suggestions, when I have resources available to do so, I think the first server code change is preventing players from going below 0 score.
  • LEGENDNADALEGENDNADA Member Posts: 912 ✭✭✭✭
    krystian said:
    What are the prizes when the season finishes after 4 days? CF? 'Legacy'
    5x carbon
    5000 gold and
    500000 cash
    For the winner club they should give a decent prize atleast after fighting for a 1000 cash every event
  • krystiankrystian Member Posts: 646 ✭✭✭✭
    krystian said:
    What are the prizes when the season finishes after 4 days? CF? 'Legacy'
    5x carbon
    5000 gold and
    500000 cash
    For the winner club they should give a decent prize atleast after fighting for a 1000 cash every event
    Tbh I played crews only for first few days.Not interested at all to play it now.I only open event to claim prize and that's it.Even tier 3 is good for me as free gold and cash income.I really waited forward to see crews Ig and got this **** of ****.Lol
  • SSVSSV Member Posts: 48 ✭✭✭
    The Hutch Bots need to start upgrading their garages....


  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Member Posts: 654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 3
    Im the only Lgeacy player in there, beat all the board up and down. Still FT wins as they beat few bots before. Pointcounter and also number of players dont update since i joined. Whats up there?
    Edit:After leaving the club event menu and returning it refreshed, Legacy leading by 400 points and took over 1000 points of their club in a second. Among all the things, can you please add the leaderboard refresh onto your more urgent to-do list please?!
    Edit 2:Now all im getting are connection errors, cant enter clubs at all, othere events run normal.

    Post edited by AndreasSimmer on
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same, can't enter clubs this morning.  Connection timed out error on wifi and 4g and after app restarts.
  • bantel_catbantel_cat Member Posts: 814 ✭✭✭✭
    Yep same
  • hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭✭✭

                             
  • bantel_catbantel_cat Member Posts: 814 ✭✭✭✭
    Hutch please fix quick, I'm having to engage in something called real life, it's scary and I don't like it
  • RobGripesRobGripes Member Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Went into clubs today to give it a proper try.

    Can anyone explain how new territories are formed? I watched Yellow win a grid, then the blues started a new one beyond the territory we won!

    So they gained ground after we won the last grid. That makes zero sense to me. 


  • 0171801718 Member Posts: 87 ✭✭
    RobGripes said:
    Went into clubs today to give it a proper try.

    Can anyone explain how new territories are formed? I watched Yellow win a grid, then the blues started a new one beyond the territory we won!

    So they gained ground after we won the last grid. That makes zero sense to me. 


    It is not clear what areas you are referring to. However I also think it should not be possible to access a tile, when you cannot reach it via undisputed tiles of your own colors. Sometimes I have observed that tiles on both sides of the border are undisputed for a moment which then allows both teams to attack beyond the border simultaneously.

  • RobGripesRobGripes Member Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭✭✭
    01718 said:
    It is not clear what areas you are referring to. 

    Thanks for your reply, I am still trying to work it out despite the frustration with track sets / time etc. This new thing flummoxed me

    There is an area of 2 rows between yellow and blue that seems to have opened up at similar times.  It cuts off both sides for the opposition and ends up being one-sided on both fronts.
  • 0171801718 Member Posts: 87 ✭✭
    I think someone needs to create a map with numbered tiles to discuss those issues without being lost on the map. As for the current case and all others: I am puzzled too and simply accepted those irregular openings...
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Member Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    01718 said:
    I think someone needs to create a map with numbered tiles to discuss those issues without being lost on the map. As for the current case and all others: I am puzzled too and simply accepted those irregular openings...
    Is this you? You must really want MVP! 

  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Member Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oops 

  • bantel_catbantel_cat Member Posts: 814 ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else having trouble entering? Select event... spinning wheel... kill app... rinse and repeat
  • 0171801718 Member Posts: 87 ✭✭
    BoxtaS said:
    01718 said:
    I think someone needs to create a map with numbered tiles to discuss those issues without being lost on the map. As for the current case and all others: I am puzzled too and simply accepted those irregular openings...
    Is this you? You must really want MVP! 

    Yes this was me and I got the MVP, if i remember correctly. However i raced only like 5 times, the rest were "defending" races.
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Member Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @01718 that’s interesting: confirms that more than one person can get MVP, which I already suspected 👍
  • PimPim Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
    BoxtaS said:
    @01718 that’s interesting: confirms that more than one person can get MVP, which I already suspected 👍
    First guy of each team gets it.
Sign In or Register to comment.