General Discussion

PL8.1 - Club Events Discussion Thread

Comments

• 0171801718 Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
    MSteeL said:
    Anyone still cares about clubs? I thought that was a week thing
    Easily made me a 100k today with less than 100 races. Plus 180 Gold for first of the team. I care a lot about it. 
  • RWareRWare Member Posts: 425 ✭✭✭
    01718 said:
    MSteeL said:
    Easily made me a 100k today with less than 100 races. Plus 180 Gold for first of the team. I care a lot about it. 

Please enlighten me.
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Member Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    01718 said:
    MSteeL said:
    was it with or without the cash booster and over how much time?
  • miggemigge Member Posts: 112 ✭✭✭
    clubs made me about 10 - 12k a day. but i am not playing it every day. twice a week maybe
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing about clubs is that there is no prize board. There's no sense of achievement for winning an individual event. Even winning a season only grants you less than 10,000 cash. I don't feel like this is sustainable. 
    01718 said:
    MSteeL said:
    Cash Booster. Example: This morning I was awake before my daughter. I played TD and finished 5 club tiles. I put 1 or 5 races into each of the tiles and the outcome varied regarding the win/loss of the tile (i also joined one we were totally losing), my participation medal and the ranking-medal. Incoming cash was like:

sum: 16,8k. I then continued clearing the tickets from the daily and the two other events. took me about 20 minutes, then my daughter woke up. please don't nail me down on single numbers here, it is written from memory, however the dimensions are correct.

Of course I totally understand, that when you just dont have those 10 or 20 minutes here and there, you cannot play like that. *The example set above by Rob is as valid as is mine* and i completely see that changes in the game might create benefitors and those who don't benefit from it. (However, if you have like 25 minutes a day, perhaps the ~80 gold you get from clubs are a good deal anyway?)

@Danny I even take the time to say hi and mention your resentful comment. Have a nice day.
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn I need a daughter now
    edited July 11
    01718 said:
    01718 said:
    MSteeL said:
    Cash Booster. Example: This morning I was awake before my daughter. I played TD and finished 5 club tiles. I put 1 or 5 races into each of the tiles and the outcome varied regarding the win/loss of the tile (i also joined one we were totally losing), my participation medal and the ranking-medal. Incoming cash was like:

sum: 16,8k. I then continued clearing the tickets from the daily and the two other events. took me about 20 minutes, then my daughter woke up. please don't nail me down on single numbers here, it is written from memory, however the dimensions are correct.

Of course I totally understand, that when you just dont have those 10 or 20 minutes here and there, you cannot play like that. *The example set above by Rob is as valid as is mine* and i completely see that changes in the game might create benefitors and those who don't benefit from it. (However, if you have like 25 minutes a day, perhaps the ~80 gold you get from clubs are a good deal anyway?)

@Danny I even take the time to say hi and mention your resentful comment. Have a nice day.
    So you only joined the events that were about to finish?
    Isn't that a behavior we don't want to encourage?

also, that's 8k over 20minutes then without a cash booster. Something that used to take less than five when smurfing.
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Member Posts: 184 ✭✭✭
    01718 said:
    01718 said:
    MSteeL said:

As far as If I rememer they even have posted a "new" guide to smurf in club events. That was at the time when the Daily event was removed. They encouraged us to join only events that are about to finish back then.
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Member Posts: 184 ✭✭✭

also, that's 8k over 20minutes then without a cash booster. Something that used to take less than five when smurfing.
    As far as I remember they even posted a new guide to smurf in Club events. That was back at the day when they removed Daily Events. They encoraged us to only join Events that are about to finish.

About "late joining clubs":
    (a) No doubt, but I dont care about it, they are not my rules or intentions...
    (b) I just gave an example of my experience. I do different stuff depending on what I want and can. Sometimes I try to turn tiles for the team, sometimes I grind against bots in secluded tiles, if I need that MVP trophy.
    Subjective examples will not work here. The statistics Tim gave are more interesting and they clearly said, people needed more time for a smaller benefit. While I cannot know whether or not the selected players in those statistics played efficiently, the criticism to that outcome is valid.

About 8k in 20 Minutes:
    No, as I wrote above, After those 5 club events I cleared the prize boards, which, according to what you guys calculated, should yield in about 15k, so without booster it should be 23k in 20  minutes.

01718 said:

About "late joining clubs":
    (a) No doubt, but I dont care about it, they are not my rules or intentions...
    (b) I just gave an example of my experience. I do different stuff depending on what I want and can. Sometimes I try to turn tiles for the team, sometimes I grind against bots in secluded tiles, if I need that MVP trophy.
    Subjective examples will not work here. The statistics Tim gave are more interesting and they clearly said, people needed more time for a smaller benefit. While I cannot know whether or not the selected players in those statistics played efficiently, the criticism to that outcome is valid.

About 8k in 20 Minutes:
    No, as I wrote above, After those 5 club events I cleared the prize boards, which, according to what you guys calculated, should yield in about 15k, so without booster it should be 23k in 20  minutes.

Didn't mean this as as a barb, from my perspective any strategy is fine. I just don't know what the spirit of the game is so I have no idea what will be punished.
    Golden sun event
    All rain. 

Yeah that cheks out
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Member Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    3x Super Rare, 2x UK
    😵🔫
    😵🔫
    😵🔫
  • bantel_catbantel_cat Member Posts: 758 ✭✭✭✭
    BoxtaS said:
    3x Super Rare, 2x UK
    😵🔫
    😵🔫
    😵🔫
    LOL, that's exactly what I think when I see them. Avoid them like the plague.
    I mean come on, do you actually want me to think about this  :)

Bring on requirements like, 5 x RQ18 Renaults with a 'Z' in the name
  • bantel_catbantel_cat Member Posts: 758 ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else getting the spinning circle of doom when trying to enter events?
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Member Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else getting the spinning circle of doom when trying to enter events?
    Yeah I think it’s broken. Again. 
    I think Hutch have given up 
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After an error running a clubs match I have reverted to my TD number on the leaderboard and I'm apparently neutral instead of legacy.

• AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Member Posts: 518 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get the spinning wheel. When i click homescreen and return to the game it starts the race, but doesnt let me skip.
  • Hutch_TimHutch_Tim Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 601 admin
    Reading the feedback, looking at the data, and playing Clubs myself, here's what I'm currently thinking. As with my latest economy observations, this isn't official hutch policy or plan, just what I'm currently supporting. Some of these changes would be a lot quicker to implement than others!

Clubs events should probably... stop sometimes
    Clubs as a replacement for Daily Events needed to be something you could always do. Now that the Daily is back it doesn't necessarily have to do that. I think some off/on schedule (e.g. off for 2 days, on for 5) feels like it would work better. Also the less time it runs for, the bigger the prizes could be. I was surprised, but in its current form, Club Events actually cannot be stopped. (Other than the period at the end of a season when no new events can be created where things just emergently pause).

Club seasons should probably be a bit longer than 2 days, and sector battles last a bit longer.
    Seven days felt like too long for sure, with sector ownership feeling largely meaningless until the end. Two days makes sector battles more significant, but just "feels" like seasons are ending all the time. Maybe 3 or 4 days (with longer sector battles) would work better. 

Club races should probably use 2 'races' instead of 1
    The only thing slowing you down in Clubs is that after 10 races your cars have to be serviced (or you have to wait). There's a nice theoretical benefit to having a broad garage where you can be more competitive for more races. In practice though, very few people do more than 10 races, so this virtually never comes up. I think if each club race used 2 instead of 1, and of course the rewards for different numbers of races were recalibrated, this strategic element could come up more often.

Club event requirements should probably be a bit easier
    3x 'A', 2x 'B' events can be pretty strategic, but they are also quite off-putting if you just want to get in a quick race, and I know very often I'll prioritise anything that's 5x something. On the other hand players can choose from a few different event types (unless they were quite unlucky on which criteria were randomly selected for all the available sectors). I'm not sure what the best balance is, but I can understand why people don't like the 3x/2x ones.

Club events should award zero participation less, moderate participation more, extreme participation less
    It turns out you can do literally zero Club event matches and still get a good amount of end-of-season gold. That seems off!
    You can also play clubs quite intensely for a very long time if you just focus on the soonest ending events. That seems like too much. Sector battles lasting longer would help with that.

Club events should reward helping your club more
    There's definitely a tension between doing what makes you the most money in the least time (usually just entering a sector that's about to score for your team), and what helps your team the most (helping to turn the tide in a key battle, or starting a new club event in a strategic sector). Designing a reward requirement that makes "doing the right thing" more rewarding is quite hard though. Perhaps there could be a bonus for being among the first x players on your team to enter an event?

Club events have some bugs that should get fixed
    There are various inconsistencies that happen from time to time - inaccurate balance-of-power score, disappearing leaderboard etc. I've made sure these are on the known bugs list. If things are looking odd or you're unsure it's quite right, you can come out and re-enter clubs and that seems to sort things out, but obviously it would be better if things were just correct all the time.
  • jigajiga Member Posts: 376 ✭✭✭✭
    I think those are some very fine suggestions @RobGripes but as much as they would be an improvement on what currently exists I doubt it would be enough to make me want to play clubs.  I really think it needs a fundamental rethink.

I think the idea of limited tickets and prize boards may be a good step in the right direction.  It is one of the strengths of normal game play in events that you can play a few tickets in a short time and come back 2 or 3 hours later to do it again without fear of losing too much ground in the meantime.  And a huge weakness of clubs that in trying to improve outcomes for club as well as self the game becomes a tiresome time sink with minimal reward or sense of achievement or entertainment.  

In a previous post i suggested shooting anyone who has ten more losses than wins.  Apart from the shooting bit I was actually thinking of it as a possible modification.  Players enter with (say)10 lives and each win a further life.  Run out of lives and you can no longer play or be played unless you are the last one left.  Club bonuses for least casualties in a season maybe.  

Another weakness of current club play i think is that you cannot see what your team mates are playing.  Being able to see their hands would give much more sense of being part of a team.  One of the attractions of daily event i am sure is all the familiar names and the becoming familiar with their manner of play and the scope of their garages, whether smurfing or trying to claim a top tier.  It gives a certain communality that clubs lacks entirely.

With limited tickets, limited lives and option to play team mates there could also be strategic  (risky) smurfing and win feeding to a team mate to keep them alive.           ...well maybe this is all a bit fanciful but maybe if we could come up with a enough wacky suggestions then just possibly something might emerge that can inspire some energetic developers to produce a version of clubs that we can all enjoy playing.

• RobGripesRobGripes Member Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the introduction to clubs can remain as is - short. However it leaves a lot to be desired when I get totally confused with how the tile system works. 'Why the heck is the losing team able to invade further into our territory we just whooped them'! 

Add a detailed explanation of how clubs works in the support section. There are explanations of multiplayer and weekly challenge already. Add a line in the clubs mode that points people in that direction.
  • SSVSSV Member Posts: 33 ✭✭✭
    Many thanks to Tim for taking the time to post. It is always great to hear from the team.

The problem I have is that the message really just confirms what most people have been saying for some time - Clubs Mode is not a finished product. It seems to still be a long way from a finished product. And yet it is being sold to us as one.
  • mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you stop dailies, i wanna my table prize in clubs!! we work and clubs for a lot of us is a second work.... but when i work, they pay me.. Hutch pay me for test his club mod?????
  • lonelyterroristlonelyterrorist Member Posts: 85 ✭✭
    Clubs won't work again