General Discussion

PL8.1 - Club Events Discussion Thread

12223252728

Comments

  • 0171801718 Member Posts: 103 ✭✭✭


    This is some delicious bait.
    Of course it is bait, because different opinions cannot be legitimate.
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We just don't like your opinion as a group. Sorry mate. 
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Member Posts: 823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you notice the pattern that the top left corner seems to be doomed, while the bottom tile seems to be best for the win?! Its not like this every time, but pretty often.
  • 0171801718 Member Posts: 103 ✭✭✭
    Did you notice the pattern that the top left corner seems to be doomed, while the bottom tile seems to be best for the win?! Its not like this every time, but pretty often.
    I have read that several times now. While I am not even sure it is true, I would not yet have a hypothesis how this might work. 
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with @AndreasSimmer.  The top left corner of the map seems to be the most difficult to defend, for whatever reason.
  • O__VERO__VER Member Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you notice the pattern that the top left corner seems to be doomed, while the bottom tile seems to be best for the win?! Its not like this every time, but pretty often.
    HeissRod said:
    I agree with @AndreasSimmer.  The top left corner of the map seems to be the most difficult to defend, for whatever reason.
    Could be bugged? I have observed some strange map behaviour from time to time. Like certain events opening when I am unable to see a reason why the opponent would be allowed to open it. Or areas of the map greyed out for extended periods of time. Maybe there's something wrong with that corner... or something wrong with the other two corners that gives them an advantage.
  • JO_21799JO_21799 Member Posts: 13
    O__VER said:
    Did you notice the pattern that the top left corner seems to be doomed, while the bottom tile seems to be best for the win?! Its not like this every time, but pretty often.
    HeissRod said:
    I agree with @AndreasSimmer.  The top left corner of the map seems to be the most difficult to defend, for whatever reason.
    Could be bugged? I have observed some strange map behaviour from time to time. Like certain events opening when I am unable to see a reason why the opponent would be allowed to open it. Or areas of the map greyed out for extended periods of time. Maybe there's something wrong with that corner... or something wrong with the other two corners that gives them an advantage.
    I think, you can explain (or at least try) it with cognitive behaviour. We (people in europe, america ..) are used to read from the left to the right and from the top to the buttom. This is usually adapted to gather information and work through stuff in other situations.

    So if we search for an open battle on the map we find the border between the right top team and the left top team first. If you are on one of these teams it has no effetcs, because they are neutralizing. But if you are in the third team on the buttom you will choose (with an higher probablity) a battle on the left than on the right. So the bottom team will attack more likey the team in the left corner than on the right, so they are more attacked, also the team on the top right corner will have a disadvantage, because they battle more likey the team on the left top corner, and neglect the bottom frontier.

    If there are two teams on the bottom this will also affect the team who has more battle tiles up and left. So the team on the right bottom is faced less resistance.

    If the majority is working/thinking like that you will always perform better on the right side of the map than on the left and on the bottom better than on the top.

    Maybe Data can prove this theory. I hope my english is good enough to explain my thoughts.

    What do you think?
  • JO_21799JO_21799 Member Posts: 13
    edited August 30
    sry double post
  • O__VERO__VER Member Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JO_21799 said:
    O__VER said:
    Did you notice the pattern that the top left corner seems to be doomed, while the bottom tile seems to be best for the win?! Its not like this every time, but pretty often.
    HeissRod said:
    I agree with @AndreasSimmer.  The top left corner of the map seems to be the most difficult to defend, for whatever reason.
    Could be bugged? I have observed some strange map behaviour from time to time. Like certain events opening when I am unable to see a reason why the opponent would be allowed to open it. Or areas of the map greyed out for extended periods of time. Maybe there's something wrong with that corner... or something wrong with the other two corners that gives them an advantage.
    I think, you can explain (or at least try) it with cognitive behaviour. We (people in europe, america ..) are used to read from the left to the right and from the top to the buttom. This is usually adapted to gather information and work through stuff in other situations.

    So if we search for an open battle on the map we find the border between the right top team and the left top team first. If you are on one of these teams it has no effetcs, because they are neutralizing. But if you are in the third team on the buttom you will choose (with an higher probablity) a battle on the left than on the right. So the bottom team will attack more likey the team in the left corner than on the right, so they are more attacked, also the team on the top right corner will have a disadvantage, because they battle more likey the team on the left top corner, and neglect the bottom frontier.

    If there are two teams on the bottom this will also affect the team who has more battle tiles up and left. So the team on the right bottom is faced less resistance.

    If the majority is working/thinking like that you will always perform better on the right side of the map than on the left and on the bottom better than on the top.

    Maybe Data can prove this theory. I hope my english is good enough to explain my thoughts.

    What do you think?
    Totally get what you're saying, and your English is pretty much perfect. It would be interesting to see what Hutch's data can tell us about this.

    Also, just adding to my theory about the map maybe being buggy, why can I not open the event in the centre at the top? There is nothing blocking it but it is unselectable:


  • O__VERO__VER Member Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 30
    And here it is almost an hour later. Events have come and gone and Legacy still can't access that same event tile.

  • REALAISREALAIS Member Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
    Hutch makes interventions.
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Member Posts: 823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im playing the whitemarked event, with shows no VS, no leaderboard or indication about the score. This happens often in cutoff events.

  • REALAISREALAIS Member Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
    No one is playing highlighted square. Its not available for no one because no other club has straight line to that to activate event there. What are you talking about?
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Member Posts: 823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 1
    REALAIS said:
    No one is playing highlighted square. Its not available for no one because no other club has straight line to that to activate event there. What are you talking about?
    Ok, i try to stay polite. Dear Realais, i was playing and won that tile. I know that it looks like no one is playing, but i have written down the bugs that come with it, Its not the first time happening. I entered in the few seconds it was open earlier, ended withover 70 wins, so FT players could enter it all the time.
    This is what im talking about, but how about yours?
    Edit:Leaderboard and scores showed up around halfway into the event.
  • hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Andreas, you don't need to explain yourself, you're the Master.
  • REALAISREALAIS Member Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
    Andreas, you don't need to explain yourself, you're the Master.
    Hey! I have Master rank too!
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Member Posts: 823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you notice the pattern that the top left corner seems to be doomed, while the bottom tile seems to be best for the win?! Its not like this every time, but pretty often.
    Last three seasons since this post followed this pattern. Interesting theorys above, i have no clue why this is happening.
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Member Posts: 823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And.... is anyone still playing clubs for real? For me it became a one race snipe/farming opportunity.
  • REALAISREALAIS Member Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
    Same here. 1 race in winning event. Easy 1300-1700 every time I open app. I dont farm Clubs, I am after only daily exp and everything above is extra
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do maybe 1 or 2 races a day in clubs now. Don't even hit my daily exp. It's just too much work trying to figure out what a good hand would be. I guess I could be detrimental to my team and just spam whatever in to get an entry. I could probably stomach accessing it more often per day then although that's going to be putting out sub par hands that will be beaten and not exactly in the spirit of the game.
  • RobGripesRobGripes Member Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't even manage one race a day
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Member Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play maybe two or three times a week, usually only when restrictions are straightforward and rq limit is high. Most of the time I just cash in the season rewards without playing 
  • MSteeLMSteeL Member Posts: 905 ✭✭✭✭
    Any updates on clubs??? Its been quite some time now. 
  • bantel_catbantel_cat Member Posts: 841 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still play clubs but less than I used to.

    I never make note of the tracksets, so every time I see Golden Sun, Black Forest, whatever, I have to guesstimate... if it is wrong you just waste time which is a real ball ache.
  • REALAISREALAIS Member Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
    edited September 8
    20 mins of my life went for this.  38 races vs Hutch bits in cut-off event. 
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Member Posts: 823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No tweaks or changes in clubs in over 3 month now. Looks like Hutch also lost interest in clubs.
Sign In or Register to comment.