General Discussion

PL8.1 - Club Events Discussion Thread

Comments

• evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Member Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No tweaks or changes in clubs in over 3 month now. Looks like Hutch also lost interest in clubs.
    To be fair, any major changes (and clubs need those) would take a while. Not that I really believe that any are underway but in case I'm wrong and they are...
  • Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 832 admin
    No tweaks or changes in clubs in over 3 month now. Looks like Hutch also lost interest in clubs.
    To be fair, any major changes (and clubs need those) would take a while. Not that I really believe that any are underway but in case I'm wrong and they are...
    Right, dev isn't going to go that fast. I've explained that a lot of server time has been spent on those Hutch-wide server issues, and also on priority fixes like handling late joining better. If we're working on those things, it's less time on features. Also, we have been working on cool non-Club Events stuff.

I've made clear my two Club Events priorities earlier in the thread.
  • TD42792TD42792 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right, dev isn't going to go that fast. I've explained that a lot of server time has been spent on those Hutch-wide server issues, and also on priority fixes like handling late joining better. If we're working on those things, it's less time on features. Also, we have been working on cool non-Club Events stuff.

I've made clear my two Club Events priorities earlier in the thread.
    3 months. Sure cant get any slower
  • mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    in real word, you guys could risk to fired!!! LOL
    Too slow for some answer, too slow for fixing bugs, glitch, and too errors in every update and i don't talk only about engine game but stats of cars, how they perform, etc etc.... but my question is for whales or who spent money here... why?
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Member Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    binner said:
    The biggest pain I find with clubs is for most events to enter I have no idea what the track sets are going to be and often the rq limits and requirements are so varied that I have to scroll through my entire set of ultra rares (for example) to make something fit and work with the restrictions. Just to enter and find out I'm completely off with the hand I made for the track sets... Other than the obvious winter warriors one. I just tried to enter an ultra rare event with 102rq limit and I had to scroll forever to make something work. I counted I have 221 ultra rares in my garage currently. It took me way to long to just get a hand to enter. Maybe this is not a big deal for players with like below 50 cars of each rarity but I have to say it is a HUGE PAIN IN THE **** to try make a hand for clubs with a big garage. I think if you added in a filter for 19rq 20rq 21rq cars etc... I would have alot easier time putting something out. Also why not post what the track sets are with the name somewhere maybe say the help section of the game. I would probably play clubs if you made it easier to play just simple QOL improvements but for now it is just such a pain to try enter and play that I can't be bothered
    I agree. I can clean up the challenge set names when I update the seeding pool. We're actively exploring improvements to the filter system, too.

In response to some other suggestions, when I have resources available to do so, I think the first server code change is preventing players from going below 0 score.
    So, maybe we'll see these changes soon
  • samagoichisamagoichi Member Posts: 849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clearly the closest battle in the history of Club?

• _HighVoltage__HighVoltage_ Member Posts: 144 ✭✭✭
    Soooo...we all get first place rewards? I'm just kidding, of course not. There will be some crappy explanation about why they can't just give First place rewards to everyone (even if the result actually warrants that). Cue - "inflation."
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In a tie in a regular event, it goes to the player with the most wins, right?  Maybe that will happen here as well?
  • bantel_catbantel_cat Member Posts: 843 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've definitely had a tie for 1st and 2nd before. Legacy got 2nd.
  • REALAISREALAIS Member Posts: 207 ✭✭✭
    There is Club points calculated for all events. In  case of tie those will determine winner. This case 1st, 2nd and 3rd
  • PimPim Member Posts: 79 ✭✭✭
  • RWareRWare Member Posts: 671 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I can't read that.

Midnight was awarded 1st though...
  • OzzmanOzzman Member Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RWare said:
    Yeah I can't read that.

I'm Midnight, it said we came third.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was given third and I'm in Legacy
    Im Legacy. I got first.
    There is info coming from players that some from Midnight got 1st, some 3rd too.
    Small flex. 
    But Legacy have 6th win in a row. And very likely will win again. Because Bottom club wins more often. Talking about balancing clubs.
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Member Posts: 829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1st, Legacy
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Member Posts: 829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The unexpected tie broke the reward system
  • O__VERO__VER Member Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RWare said:
    Yeah I can't read that.

I got first in Legacy.
  • OzzmanOzzman Member Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Allright then, step two: if you contact support you either get 500 gold, 10000$, or nothing. Business as usual.
  • samagoichisamagoichi Member Posts: 849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Third, Legacy
  • greddygreddy Member Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am midnight, got 3rd.
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Member Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Third, Legacy 
  • O__VERO__VER Member Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RNG decides if you win or not.
  • _HighVoltage__HighVoltage_ Member Posts: 144 ✭✭✭
    Third, Legacy. Already put a ticket in with support. All three teams tied. End of story. They can’t reason that there is some hidden tie-breaker formula. If there is a tie-breaker formula, it should be public. 
  • hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Legacy,  it's all good 👍
  • kaje73kaje73 Member Posts: 182 ✭✭✭
    Also Legacy, also third.