PL8.1 - Club Events Discussion Thread

Comments

• MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 533 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So over 3 months have passed and we finally got a big new update. Did anybody find any tweaks/corrections/improvements regarding clubs? I haven't, found anything but please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Seems like Hutch is admitting that this mode is a failure...
  • xaratsarhsxaratsarhs Posts: 146 ✭✭✭
    or it's so perfect that it doesn't need anything :smile:
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 533 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bugged tile that can't be attacked (right corner).
  • REALAISREALAIS Posts: 303 ✭✭✭
    Same in left for MN you can see.
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only 3-6 months more until clubs is reworked in a future release. \o/
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 977 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha i feel you Ozzman. We are probably in the same twist n turns now, i also left and quit the game after placing my slicks on the wet.
    Would have been tooooo nice to get tis changed.
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blue2moro said:
    I thought by now you've learned how to lower your expectations, but no... there you are with this optimistic attitude. :)
    On the positive side, thanks for the hesds up on wet twists and turns. Running unbeaten at the top with lots of opponents losing to my caterham army.
  • xaratsarhsxaratsarhs Posts: 146 ✭✭✭
    Ozzman said:
    I decided to play a bit of Clubs before going to sleep:
    Found an event I liked picked the cars carefully for my hand, and by the time I did, it said the event is full (don't you just hate when that happens, or either the event finishes)?
    Then I chose another event, Twists & Turns, picked my cars, well handling cars with perf and slick tyres, only to find that all tracks are wet.
    Ok that's enough Clubs for today. :)
    I agree with you but, was it your first attempt of the day? usually that happens to me when a series of events starts, the next ones are pretty much the same until next series comes.
    Ozzman said:
    I decided to play a bit of Clubs before going to sleep:
    Found an event I liked picked the cars carefully for my hand, and by the time I did, it said the event is full (don't you just hate when that happens, or either the event finishes)?
    Then I chose another event, Twists & Turns, picked my cars, well handling cars with perf and slick tyres, only to find that all tracks are wet.
    Ok that's enough Clubs for today. :)
    I agree with you but, was it your first attempt of the day? usually that happens to me when a series of events starts, the next ones are pretty much the same until next series comes.
    Yeah I now the events are the same throughout the day (though I remember a case when we had two events with the same name (on the same day), one dry, one wet), I just wanted to mention two problems with Clubs, that usually make me not want to play it.
    Blue2moro said:
    On the positive side, thanks for the hesds up on wet twists and turns. Running unbeaten at the top with lots of opponents losing to my caterham army.
    So i tried to be smart, went fully equipped with standard twisters into the twist and turns (which were all wet yesterday night), only to face 3 dry tracks, on of them being 1 mile drag with a legendary smiling at me. Yeah, clubs are fun.not.
  • 43MK443MK4 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blue2moro said:
    Yup that’s where Hutch will reduce clubs cash rewards!
    Who switched off Clubs? Not funny, funny  :D
    haha its ok, just entered in time to collect the last reward. and as it looks legacy won this round
    clubs 2 hour edition
    1 and done. Good job legacy. 

• JayJay Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blue2moro said:
    1 and done. Good job legacy. 

Same thing 

• RWareRWare Posts: 798 ✭✭✭✭
    Was this the final result?

Why did I get 2nd place results then? (Legacy Player)
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are more clubs? In mine midnight win 😱😱
    RWare said:

This was bug after next season started.
    You got paid 2nd because you first time log on after previous season ended in which Legacy was 2nd.
    edited October 5
    REALAIS said:
    RWare said:

This was bug after next season started.
    You got paid 2nd because you first time log on after previous season ended in which Legacy was 2nd.
    I log in daily to clubs. So I should have received the result for the season which ended at 22:00 GMT Friday 4th

Or does @blue2moro have a different clubs server than I?
    Yesterday clubs ended after around 2 hours, at least all open events. That are the screenshots. It restarted later, no one got any reward for this 2h segment, game just continued at the point it stopped.
    As Andreas said, I got my rewards for last seasons clubs when I logged into it about half hour after the new season started. Did 1 race in 1 event as per the norm and when I can back a couple hrs later to do 1 more race I got this board. Looks like it's back running this morning. 1 race done.

Clubs4life /s
    So, there was a clubs season which started at 22:00 and ended at 00:00?

Weird.
    RWare said:
    So, there was a clubs season which started at 22:00 and ended at 00:00?

Weird.
    No, that's the same season that's still running now, but for some reason after a couple hours no new races could be run. Seems to have been fixed overnight though.
    Right now I understand. Screenshot was from the ''pause while we fix the errors'' moment
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thank you hutch!!! Clubs is so awesome!!! I love you guys 😍😍😍
    keep on going with your great work ✌👌👍👏🙋‍♂️

Considering the pic... is this a very roundabout way of saying 'clubs have me cancer'? 
    Here's an idea for a small improvement about Clubs. We all know (and hate), that there's a 4 hour down-time at the end of every season right? I understand why that is. Because each event can end two ways:
    1) one of the teams' score reaches 0
    2) the timer of the event reaches the 4h deadline
    So the 4h down-time is needed to make sure every event can end one way or the other. But has there been an event that reached the 4h deadline, ever? Why can't you allow us to start new events with with less than 4 hours before the end? Surely it can't be that hard to modify these events' deadline from a fixed 4 hours to 10PM GMT (or make it 9:55, so everyone can see how the sectors ended up). This way the 4h down-time could be decreased to maybe half an hour. Still every event could end probably (the last events could be at most 25 minutes long), but we could play much more (I mean whoever wants to play Clubs).