General Discussion

Club Events Season 3 Balance Update (copy from I/G Forum)

HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
Since it wasn't posted here, I figured we might need to know some of this...

"At the end of last week, we pushed a server hotfix live:

Fixed an issue where players would match against bots rather than opposing players too frequently.

Reduced the overall server error rate and cause of general server slowness

Overall Changes

Seasons will now run for 48 hours rather than a full week to make individual events have more of an impact on the final result. End of Season rewards will scale down to accommodate this change. End of Event rewards are unchanged.

Event turnover is currently too high. We are increasing the score thresholds that determine when a Club is dominating, from 200/400 points to 500/1000 and decreasing the opposing score’s decay rate from 2.0x/2.5x to 1.5x/2.5x at these thresholds

New open criteria added to the seeding pool last season will now always represent one of the three criteria for each day, so a third of events will be more accessible.

RQ limits have been increased across many criteria. Events are generating between a min and max RQ value. This change increases the maximum possible RQ limit for events and so the average RQ for each event

These changes will take place in Season 3+. It may take some time for these changes to roll out across all Club Events. We will aim to make to make this changes Wednesday morning UK time.

End of Season rewards

As the season has reduced in length, End of Season rewards have scaled down. 

The number of events required to enter for the Participation achievement has increased, relative to the season time.

FAQ

Why can’t I join a particular event that has an event in?

You can only target areas that haven’t been cut-off. You can enter events only if you can travel from your HQ to the event, without travelling through a rival Club's sector or a sector with an active event in it."

A full FAQ can be found here: https://hutch.helpshift.com/a/top-drives-new/?s=general-game-info&f=what-are-club-events&l=en 

Comments

• ZotZeZotZe Member Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 5
    Rq Limit increased? 

Atm i could join following events with rq Limits of : 22, 30, 55, 28, 50, 55, 70, 60, 26, 70, 24 ...

Well.... what a ****.

Dailys were the Place where we could bring our whole top end garage without any restrictions, even prizecars were usefull. Now i can screw them all... Thanks. Not a Single event with rq over 80 atm on the map.... 
  • UltimateUltimate Member Posts: 772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what they are saying is the first few hours push is critical since the overall length is shorter and sector events are longer and the reward scaled down to make it even less appealing. I think  the lads in Legacy are going to be too lethargic even for a late game run. 
  • TD42792TD42792 Member Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Participate in 20 events in 1 week, now 10 events in 2 days. Sure
  • TimButTimBut Member Posts: 835 ✭✭✭✭✭
    and again, despite all **** gameplay I managed to find a way to have a good farm. 

What would you think? All **** stays, Hutch nerfes my farm again. 

• OzzmanOzzman Member Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to admit, this is nice. But it took me 30 boring races and almost half an hour of topdriving. I'm not gonna do that too often that's for sure.

• RWareRWare Member Posts: 416 ✭✭✭
    But! With 5 more repeat performances.....you can earn a cash ceramic!!!!
  • OzzmanOzzman Member Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RWare said:
    Yeah, I don't think my boss or my wife would pat me on the sholder for that. :)
  • TimButTimBut Member Posts: 835 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozzman said:
    RWare said:
    Yeah, I don't think my boss or my wife would pat me on the sholder for that. :)
    eat some honeydew and drink spoiled milk, you will have an official reason to spend whole day in toilet
  • malsmals Member Posts: 99 ✭✭✭
    Hutch, when do you bring the daily back? Forum is burning, players are playing less each day and spending less money.... why do you still thinking that clubs is a great idea? Is it because of your pride?

And you should answer question in Forum game too, not only here. It seems that the players arent important for you.
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So immediately after Tim posts a "farming strategy" the landscape is changed with the rewards lessened further and the requirements to gain those rewards increased.

20 events in 2 days for season participation. Do we get a counter of the events raced so far? No. So probably have to start noting the number or do in excess of that amount to make sure.
  • greddygreddy Member Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are beta testers once again... 2 weeks since release and they changed it two times already... 
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    greddy said:
    We are beta testers once again... 2 weeks since release and they changed it two times already... 
    Changes based on feedback from whom?
  • S3XYS3XY Member Posts: 321 ✭✭✭
    edited June 5
    Since everyone is feeling really tired racing 10-20 races repetitively in every event, and still have to wait for a while to see a reward, any reasonable reward would feel depreciated.
    I would suggest introducing an automatical battling system. This is how it works:
    • Play several rounds just like every other event, to put together the ghost lineup.
    • You can choose to continue racing like the current club event, or you can shut the game and let the system automatically race your ghost against a random player in range every minute, as long as your cars don't need maintenance. (ghost vs ghost, no matter the player is online/offline)
    • You can come back and change the line up to utilize other cars that don't need maintenance if you want, to let the system fight for you more frequently.
    I think in this way, we can make the painful part less painful, but still keep the good aspects of the club mode, which many of us loved when Hutch told us they were investigating a new kind of event (https://forums.hutchgames.com/discussion/6424/a-new-kind-of-event-part-2#latest).
    I have played many games that would automate the repetitive part, especially for the daily tasks. I had positive experiences on all of them who did that. Welcome any thoughts and suggestions.
    Post edited by S3XY on
  • mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭✭✭
    auto race seems like a lot of game on android... no thanks!! :/
  • TopDivesTopDives Member Posts: 593 ✭✭✭
    S3XY said:

I have played many games that would automate the repetitive part, especially for the daily tasks. I had positive experiences on all of them who did that. Welcome any thoughts and suggestions.
    I can see the headlines.
    TopDrives enters the era of automation where the players become bots. Bionic players are taking over the gaming industry. Bots vs Bots FTW.
  • tichoblintichoblin Member Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZotZe said:
    Rq Limit increased? 

Atm i could join following events with rq Limits of : 22, 30, 55, 28, 50, 55, 70, 60, 26, 70, 24 ...

Well.... what a ****.

Dailys were the Place where we could bring our whole top end garage without any restrictions, even prizecars were usefull. Now i can screw them all... Thanks. Not a Single event with rq over 80 atm on the map.... 
    Couldn’t use any legend today:)
  • RWareRWare Member Posts: 416 ✭✭✭
    What was that about doing higher RQ events?

Unplayable for 85%
  • JacoJaco Member Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭✭
    I find myself playing less and less for each day that passes....  and its such a shame, I really enjoyed this game, dailies of course was not all fun an game. But it lets me grab a ceramic once in a while.
    With Clubs its just a pain to get the same reward.

But what really annoyes me is that I and a lot of others has invested a lot of real money in this  game. And this new game is not the game I started to invest in.
    I feel robbed and want my money back

Changes to a game can of course happen, but then you IMPROVE the game NOT make it worse.

Again, I feel robbed. If this continue Im going to uninstal this game that I used to enjoy.

So sad
    I always felt a bit sorry to Hutch that I only bought once gold for € 3,79 to get the starter pack.
    I always had the feeling I can't complain much because I don't contribute anything substantly to them

But you don't want to know how happy I am right now I never have spend money otherwise on this game. 
    In this moment I can only think that it is such a shame this great game is heading the way downhill rapidly, but when I would have spent money on it, I would felt like I have been robbed and abused several times. 
  • Parimal_2000Parimal_2000 Member Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭
    It just keeps going downhill. At least give us prize boards if you're going to reduce prizes.
  • greddygreddy Member Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blue team wins :blush:
  • O__VERO__VER Member Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm the players don't seem to be enjoying this Clubs mode. What can we do? Oh I know! Let's make it worse!