General Discussion

918 Spyder Owner Club Final [Event]

Comments

• LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Member Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know someone who makes their disagrees disappear. 

Wear them with honour. 
  • binnerbinner Member Posts: 486 ✭✭✭✭

So T1 gets one of the worst Porsche legendaries and most likely 5x ultra rares.... My expectations were way to high lol
  • TD01055TD01055 Member Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch I know we don’t have a very loud voice because be default we’re only 1.6% of the playerbase, but your prize structure for the owners finals is utterly shambolic and insulting. Any chance of a reply, since you’ve dodged this topic completely despite several threads? 

End:rant
    TD01055 said:
    Hutch I know we don’t have a very loud voice because be default we’re only 1.6% of the playerbase, but your prize structure for the owners finals is utterly shambolic and insulting. Any chance of a reply, since you’ve dodged this topic completely despite several threads? 

End:rant
    That can’t honestly be correct, brackets of 500 and outside top 30 gets a B and a ceramic? 
  • DannyDanny Member Posts: 580 ✭✭✭✭
    @Hutch_Robin thought you said prizes were good?

They are the worst I’ve seen for a owners final.

Absolute **** take

now release the proper prize structure please
  • grandvachegrandvache Member Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 20
    @Hutch_Robin this prize structure does seem a touch stingy don't you think? 

Top 80 in the proper prize final get a carbon, why only top 15 here? A mistake surely?  If you only expect the brackets to hit 15 players, why not build the structure around that?

Also why such a poor legendary? Like, ok, a 2016 gt2 rs might be a bit much to hope for, but this thing?  C'mon, you're playing around here aren't you?

Many of us would have HAD to have better cars than this to win the 918 in the first place.  I had to throw a fuse at mine to scrape top 8 WITH HELP.

Why the Stuttgart screw-job?
  • DannyDanny Member Posts: 580 ✭✭✭✭
    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
  • bantel_catbantel_cat Member Posts: 758 ✭✭✭✭
    What in fresh hell is this?
    Come on Hutch, this is ridiculous.

OK, so I am no longer throwing money at you like confetti but surely your long-standing community deserve better than this?
    I think it is safe to say that most of us owners would at least get Tier 2 in the normal finals and hence a CF and an S Cabrio.
    However, in the Owner Final 94% (!!!!) of us get a Ceramic and a B (and only 3% get a CF).... just wow
  • MSteeLMSteeL Member Posts: 863 ✭✭✭✭
    Ok 1st tier prize seems 90% ok, but the last tier is just hilarious. 
    I guess there will be just 1 bracket per server open lol
  • Evil_RabbitEvil_Rabbit Member Posts: 160 ✭✭✭
    Yepp, its a official - A joke. So happy Ive almost stopped my spendings

Like I said before, the game has potential to keep me busy for years, but with this insult I rather spend my time and money elsewhere

Btw, still playing Civ5 almost everyday, thats a 9 year old game..
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Member Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch want long term playing, non spending, non whales to quit the game. That leaves them with just the big spending whales and the fresh meat. 
    Whales get a legendary and some CF. The rest of us get a ceramic. Stitch that. 

At least you can save your gold, that is worth something right? 
    okay, watch me get the disagrees.

quit being so entitled. Just because you squeezed in T1 a year ago doesn't mean you automatically should get an easy shot at a 917 or something else as great. GT2 is not great, but it sure as hell ain't targa 4s or a panamera. at worst you're getting some proper food. enjoy your 5 cfs.

I sure hope I won't change my tune once an owner's event for one of my prizes comes up or I'll look like one hell of a hypocrite.

@Evil_Rabbit
    funny you should say that, I litearally just turned civ5 off : D
    Ummm, if everyone got Tier 1 or 2 then fine, I agree.

But 94% of people entering get a Ceramic and a 718 Cayman, proportionally way worse than the regular final
    25 gold 😂😂😂

i just got double that from the daily! 

quit being so entitled. Just because you squeezed in T1 a year ago doesn't mean you automatically should get an easy shot at a 917 or something else as great. GT2 is not great, but it sure as hell ain't targa 4s or a panamera. at worst you're getting some proper food. enjoy your 5 cfs.

I sure hope I won't change my tune once an owner's event for one of my prizes comes up or I'll look like one hell of a hypocrite.

@Evil_Rabbit

But 94% of people entering get a Ceramic and a 718 Cayman, proportionally way worse than the regular final
    Of course that’s right, how people can see this as anything other than a complete kick in the **** to the majority of owners is beyond me.

I hope down the line they reap what they sew by not supporting previous owners now. 

Utter shambles from Hutch again but nothing that wasn’t expected. 
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Member Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Evil_Rabbit

when did we ever have an owner's bracket that went anywhere near being full? Or even in the same order of magnitude?
  • grandvachegrandvache Member Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Evil_Rabbit

edit: told you the disagrees are coming : D
    This isn't so much about the top tier prize car.  Most of us aren't blue whales, at best I'm a pilot whale or a beluga.  The larger issue for me is the lower tiers a ceramic for 15th place?  C'mon.

If there are relatively few 918 players still active then have smaller brackets, if it's 1-40 or 1-30 and the bottom 15 - 20% only get a ceramic I could live with that, but as it is 85% of players are going to walk out with a ceramic.  Seems very harsh.

• LEGENDNADALEGENDNADA Member Posts: 851 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 20
    Even if we managed to catch tier two, what the hell is this Porsche useful in, in comparison with the 918? Completely **** car
    OK so the bracket is 100 and not 500.

Makes no odds to me, no way I will get Top 15 for a CF let alone Top 8 for the GT2.
    To be honest, with these restrictions I’m glad I’m not in the main final.
    You can’t buy DS packs, but all whales will already have the numero 9 
  • bluedogsnoopbluedogsnoop Member Posts: 525 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoxtaS said:
    To be honest, with these restrictions I’m glad I’m not in the main final.
    You can’t buy DS packs, but all whales will already have the numero 9 
    Agreed. I would have zero chance this time around with these restrictions. Needing 2 DS is basically the CF pack chasing element and those days are behind me now. 
  • ManUtdTobbeManUtdTobbe Member Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never saw anyone post a print screen with over 15 people in a owners final bracket before 🤷‍♂️
  • Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 818 admin
    edited June 20

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but last time, the minimum prize was a Ceramic and Super Rare. The lowest tier this time is a Ceramic and an Ultra Rare.

But yes, a smaller percentage of players may earn a Carbon Fiber in this event (as these events will likely have a few more people than last time's), but more of them will earn an Epic. In this instance, I varied it with a better car instead of a better pack.
  • EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Member Posts: 534 ✭✭✭
    edited June 20

If there are relatively few 918 players still active then have smaller brackets, if it's 1-40 or 1-30 and the bottom 15 - 20% only get a ceramic I could live with that, but as it is 85% of players are going to walk out with a ceramic.  Seems very harsh.
    These prizes are in addition to winning the 918 Spyder and Carbon Fibre the first time around so the only people outside the owners final who are going to be doing marginally better than you are those who got Tier 2 in the first finals and win the 918 spyder this time.

Those of us who at best get tier 2 both times end up with two CFs and two mediocre epics. I'd happily swap that for a 918 Spyder, 1 CF, 1 Ceramic and an Ultra rare.

And of course the other 95% of players are getting much worse prizes. 
  • TD01055TD01055 Member Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Evil_Rabbit

edit: told you the disagrees are coming : D
    So it’s entitled to be asked for equal opportunities? Non owners get to battle for a RQ30 car, just think it would be nice to have the same level of prize. No-ones asking for another 918, or guaranteed legends, just something nice in tier one.
  • LEGENDNADALEGENDNADA Member Posts: 851 ✭✭✭✭

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but last time, the minimum prize was a Ceramic and Super Rare. The lowest tier this time is a Ceramic and an Ultra Rare.

But yes, a smaller percentage of players may earn a Carbon Fiber in this event (as these events will likely have a few more people than last time's), but more of them will earn an Epic. In this instance, I varied it with a better car instead of a better pack.
    You do remember the 918 Finals where everyone of us bought many Porsche packs for a chance to get the 918 even tough Porsche hands had a tough fight in strong brackets, So the first tier Porsche is extremely useless for all of us, me myself have 13 Porsche legendaries and half of them are collecting dust. Anything useful even if not a legend would be better than this car? I swear I would be happier with an epic megane more than this car, and I'm not sure I won't catch tier 1 or even 2 aswell as the rest of us