General Discussion

Rarity changes and corrections in PL9 (June 2019) - discussion thread

Comments

• adms87adms87 Member Posts: 296 ✭✭✭
    But why is the Quadrofoglio going down in height when it’s direct competitor, the M5 stays at medium?
    Well, I think that's my fault. I started the thread about ground clearance correction, and I was hoping to see other forumers help in this quest, but most people where not in favor with those changes, so I stopped. That, and because I am also not playing TD as much before.

Here's the link where you can post about that change and probably a bunch of others corrections. All the M line should change to low too.

https://forums.hutchgames.com/discussion/6774/ground-clearance
  • Ivo_KamburovIvo_Kamburov Member Posts: 733 ✭✭✭✭
    sinner said:
    What's the new epic king on city streets now then? The M4?
    Evo VIII FQ-400 would be my guess
    Well the Mitsubishi remains the best on City Streets Medium (not the new one with the stupid car wash) and the S8 plus on that one and City Streets Short
  • TD42792TD42792 Member Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD01055 said:
    The more I think about it - the timing of the 918 finals is genius on Hutch’s part. There will be people who miss out and want to rage-quit to appease, and I’m pretty sure 95% if people competing in the finals will have used up any saved gold. What better time to drop an update with new cars 🙂
    Precisely what I was thinking. And imagine the rage if the update contained ferraris and the next final would be for la ferrari which would just happen to be better in td world
    Yeah, exactly that, one last FR CFx15 cash cow for a grand finale with one of the better cars in the game as prize car to get people to spend all their saved gold and cash, then hit straight away with ferrari. Best way to force people to spend real money
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch said a while back that the dividing line between medium and low is 137mm, IIRC.  Since then, various cars have been fixed as they have been reported to be the wrong height.  If you think something should be changed, search the corrections forum, to see if it has been reported.  If it hasn’t, start a thread for it.
  • SquadalaSquadala Member Posts: 144 ✭✭✭
    Why is Dodge SRT-4 going to Ultra Rare? Even Dodge Stealth beats it at most tracks. And Dezir still the same, wow.
  • greddygreddy Member Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Squadala said:
    Why is Dodge SRT-4 going to Ultra Rare? Even Dodge Stealth beats it at most tracks. And Dezir still the same, wow.
    They will fix his stats, same as crossfires
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Member Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Squadala said:
    because it's getting a stat boost
  • James_PearceJames_Pearce Member Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hutch_Robin @Hutch_Tim Apologies if you’ve already addressed this (I couldn’t see that you had) but can you please explain what stops the DeZir going up to UR? Despite low ride height and top speed, it punches so far above its weight on everything else, that it seems odd for it to stay put?

The fact that I’ve hoarded 15 DeZirs has absolutely nothing to do with this question...
  • NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Member Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hutch_Robin @Hutch_Tim Apologies if you’ve already addressed this (I couldn’t see that you had) but can you please explain what stops the DeZir going up to UR? Despite low ride height and top speed, it punches so far above its weight on everything else, that it seems odd for it to stay put?

The fact that I’ve hoarded 15 DeZirs has absolutely nothing to do with this question...
    It also beats many UR cars, even the silver lotus 
  • SSVSSV Member Posts: 46 ✭✭✭
    This just happened when I was playing Clubs...

• AvengedAvenged Member Posts: 395 ✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:
    Avenged said:
    Hutch dudes, I'd really like to know how you guys decide on ride height classification. Because the ride height changes seem to be completely based on some random need to nerf or buff a car, and not based on real life, which would mean you decide on a height classification and it will after that (almost) never changes.

Seems odd that a car is out for so long (and so much longer in real life) and suddenly you "realize" that it's lower than imagined all this time. And it doesn't seem like ride height classification is based upon a moving average of all the ride heights in the game as you add new cars either (which itself would honestly be a really weird and silly way to determine ride height classification (RHC?)).

So color me curious.
    I think the origin of this issue is we only announced the cut-off between low/medium ground clearance (137mm) relatively recently in Top Drives history, so players could only give us confident corrections after that. (Well, the deeper origin is we thought partnering with Evo would make getting stats right easy, but that turns out not to be the case).

Understandably, giving that ground clearance cut-off unleashed a lot of feedback. We then had to decide if it would be better to draw the cut-off elsewhere (to potentially reduce the number of changes) - in the end we haven't changed it. We also had to make a call on cars that have variable-height suspension, as they likely couldn't achieve their given stats unless the suspension was at the low end. This update is the first one to really bear the fruit of our improved corrections process, hence there's quite a lot going on.

We also now have a select group of expert players give new cars a sense-check ahead of their release, so fewer corrections should be needed on cars that people already own in future.
    Much appreciated on the response. I suppose one could eyeball any given car and decide if it's meant to be a hump-eating car or not, but having a fixed cut-off seems the fairest way. Cheers and I hope there won't be too many massive corrections in future - changing low to med or vice versa can make or break a car if the tier bracket remains.
  • ConseanoverConseanover Member Posts: 2
    Welp... I guess my Quadrifoglio and Veloce are gonna get flat spots on their tires

• VaRaNoVaRaNo Member Posts: 2
    edited June 24
    Setting a Giulia to low and a Brera to medium means having absolutely no idea what they're doing and having literally zero knowledge of the cars they're dealing with....
    RS6 and RS7 losing their medium height advantage should lower their RQ by at least 3 points...not 1
    Post edited by VaRaNo on
  • Ivo_KamburovIvo_Kamburov Member Posts: 733 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 24
    VaRaNo said:
    Setting a Giulia to low and a Brera to medium means having absolutely no idea what they're doing and having literally zero knowledge of the cars they're dealing with....
    RS6 and RS7 losing their medium height advantage should lower their RQ by at least 3 points...not 1
    Well they said that Epics above 26RQ are getting a +1RQ penalty, so that makes it a minimum of 28
    *Edit: I'm also glad that they're separating the RS6 and the RS7 in RQ, because the RS6 is better at everything 
  • RuvlaRuvla Member Posts: 47
    edited June 24
    In some other games, where you have to put resources into game items, when stats are changed, it is normal to give players ability either to roll back or keep changed ones.

So what hutch can do:

If card goes up or down, the card is reset to it's default state. Number or resources spent to upgrade to current state is issued to user account (say B goes C and it was 300, so proper money and 3 C garbish cars are issued)

At least, this is fair.

Or if game designer wants to support long-time players - in case of car goes up or down, always higher level fuse materials and sum of money are issued.

Still, it leaves the item with gold spent to speed up fuse - but I guess we can live with it.
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they change my driver to Sebastien Vettel then that will be the last straw. He'd be spinning every time another car got near him.
  • VaRaNoVaRaNo Member Posts: 2
    I don't mind the rq changes as much as the height changes....a downgraded legendaries makes you mad cause you wasted epics to upgrade but the car remains useful.....a Giulia that receives (wrongly) a reduction in height loses 80% of it's purpose and users who upgraded it should be compensated for the  epics that quite likely they would've never wasted on the car had it been low from the start.
  • greddygreddy Member Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But giulia remains best alfa and best non pagani italian car. 
  • TD42792TD42792 Member Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone mentioned the roadster sls scam?
  • bantel_catbantel_cat Member Posts: 811 ✭✭✭✭
    TD42792 said:
    Anyone mentioned the roadster sls scam?
    Oooh no, I don't think so, SLS Coupe should also definitely go down  :)
  • hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    VaRaNo said:
    I don't mind the rq changes as much as the height changes....a downgraded legendaries makes you mad cause you wasted epics to upgrade but the car remains useful.....a Giulia that receives (wrongly) a reduction in height loses 80% of it's purpose and users who upgraded it should be compensated for the  epics that quite likely they would've never wasted on the car had it been low from the start.
    don't forget the Quadrofoglio originally came not just with medium ride height but also with AWD. If I would have been lucky enough to pull one of them and decided to max it right away I would be totally upset now. yeah hutch should come with a general ruling for that case.

than again if they do it, RS6 owner want compensation too... not sure where that would lead.

however if I make a mistake I take responsibility for it and I would expect hutch to do the same.
  • MoogMoog Member Posts: 346 ✭✭✭
    Lowering the ride height will make the cars better at slalom though right? Don't know what you're all complaining about.
    I'll get my coat :)

• Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My streets garage is decimated.  I'm really going to struggle on any high RQ street event from pl9 onwards with most of my invested cars going low.

Rs6 avant one of the very few epics I invested in. Also my epic DTM going low with a few fuses into it. And 2 veloces & Chevy convertible at B.
  • DannyDanny Member Posts: 591 ✭✭✭✭
    mikes said:
    VaRaNo said:
    As someone who spent a lot of time helping Hutch correct vehicle stats, unproductive comments like this helps no one.
    The Veloce has a ride height of 100 mm (low) https://www.carsguide.com.au/alfa-romeo/giulia/price/2018/veloce
    If you have different, verified numbers, let us know.
    Go on then @mikes give us a clue what the new cars coming are 😉
  • mikesmikes Member Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danny said:
    mikes said:
    VaRaNo said:
    As someone who spent a lot of time helping Hutch correct vehicle stats, unproductive comments like this helps no one.
    The Veloce has a ride height of 100 mm (low) https://www.carsguide.com.au/alfa-romeo/giulia/price/2018/veloce
    If you have different, verified numbers, let us know.
    Go on then @mikes give us a clue what the new cars coming are 😉
    🤐