General Discussion

Update is live

Parimal_2000Parimal_2000 Member Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭
Post your opinions here.

Comments

• greddygreddy Member Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wooow, that was unexpected... Downloading now. 
    VW and RUF added, 200 new cars.... Also green hell!! 
  • RWareRWare Member Posts: 416 ✭✭✭
    Well that was quiet. Missed a great opportunity to drum up some pre-release excitement.
    Hutch_Tim said:
    RWare said:
    Well that was quiet. Missed a great opportunity to drum up some pre-release excitement.
    Like we did with PL8?
    Yes, for the cars incoming to the game I mean.

There were French Cards appearing on your show, as well as fan youtube channels also. 
  • Parimal_2000Parimal_2000 Member Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭
    @Hutch_Tim can we get some discounts on German packs? At least a couple of them?
  • mikesmikes Member Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭✭✭
    C'mon Canada. Let's get this update going.
  • KeatingKeating Member Posts: 75 ✭✭
    This is what the new prize board looks like. Also instead of getting $500, it is reduced to $250.
  • KeatingKeating Member Posts: 75 ✭✭

This is is it.
  • Ivo_KamburovIvo_Kamburov Member Posts: 715 ✭✭✭✭
    RWare said:
    Hutch_Tim said:
    RWare said:
    Like we did with PL8?
    Yes, for the cars incoming to the game I mean.

There were French Cards appearing on your show, as well as fan youtube channels also. 
    Oh I preferred it much better this time 👌🏻
  • Twinkie_8iTwinkie_8i Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
    Excited to see the new tier rewards for events
  • UltimateUltimate Member Posts: 774 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have they changed the finishing rewards? They seem the same to me
    Ultimate said:
    Have they changed the finishing rewards? They seem the same to me
    Hutch said in a thread end-of-event results are due to get bumped up over the next few days
  • bertmcfishbertmcfish Member Posts: 138 ✭✭✭
    There had better be a really significant bump in event rewards as it’s impossible to earn decent cash now. It had just improved - the club events brought some extra income and i finally felt that I was making some progress upgrading my garage, but they had to meddle and spoil it. Again! 
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Member Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There had better be a really significant bump in event rewards as it’s impossible to earn decent cash now. It had just improved - the club events brought some extra income and i finally felt that I was making some progress upgrading my garage, but they had to meddle and spoil it. Again! 
    we wouldn't like you to have fun now, would we?
  • 43MK443MK4 Member Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curent reduction of prize boards means easily 40.000 IG cash less per day (without final prizes being adjusted) with 3 events running.
  • DabigpDabigp Member Posts: 548 ✭✭✭✭
    43MK4 said:
    Curent reduction of prize boards means easily 40.000 IG cash less per day (without final prizes being adjusted) with 3 events running.
    They are killing the game slowly but obviously...
  • TD42792TD42792 Member Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dabigp said:
    43MK4 said:
    You’re supposed to pay with real money, not be able to upgrade your garage by playing the game, pretty obvious what they are trying to do.
    Problem is, just like IRL, taking something away from people when they have had it for years never really goes down well...
  • NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Member Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD42792 said:
    Dabigp said:
    43MK4 said:
    You’re supposed to pay with real money, not be able to upgrade your garage by playing the game, pretty obvious what they are trying to do.
    Problem is, just like IRL, taking something away from people when they have had it for years never really goes down well...
    I mentioned this in a different thread but they're worried about cash inflation when they really should be worried about gold inflation. I get you have to make money but 15x cfs for every single finals event? I literally see people with 1K trophies with two megane trophies. Like c'mon now. It literally reduces the value of epics when almost anyone who's willing to spend a lot of money can easily get the cars 
  • TD01055TD01055 Member Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone confirm what happens with event pools this time around? I’m top of my ford event and haven’t updated yet...
    You end up in same bracket with guys who updated game. 
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Member Posts: 504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dabigp said:
    43MK4 said:
    Someone on the igf mentiones this thoughts.... Usual mobile game rarely last this long. And if a game is over its lifecycle it seems common to push out f2p, squeeze the p2w for how long it works. Maybe this is what we are witnessing?
    They are not trying to give f2p or low spending players the chance to catch up anymore, caused by their own inflation.

• BoxtaSBoxtaS Member Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone on the igf mentiones this thoughts.... Usual mobile game rarely last this long. And if a game is over its lifecycle it seems common to push out f2p, squeeze the p2w for how long it works. Maybe this is what we are witnessing?
    They are not trying to give f2p or low spending players the chance to catch up anymore, caused by their own inflation.

Sounds feasible, but they have just licensed 2 new manufacturers and added hundreds of new cars and a new track (apparently).

Perhaps Hutch_Robin is pushing on with his dream, but secretly Hutch_Tim has already started a leaving collection... 
  • Parimal_2000Parimal_2000 Member Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think they are interested in f2p players anymore. Even if they are, these updates tell the opposite.
  • bertmcfishbertmcfish Member Posts: 138 ✭✭✭
    Well I've  decimated my garage to buy German premiums in an effort to try and keep up. Picked up total **** from around 20 packs I guess. No way of rebuilding as no cash income now. This might be the tipping point...
  • 43MK443MK4 Member Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After last spyder final my f2p IG cash and gold savings hit bottom. Went all in on that one.
    I’m glad to see a new update with so many new cars, but have to admit that my expectations for all GR events have really hit bottom as I have no chance in building up a GR competitive garage with no savings and reduced board prizes (40k less per day).
  • TD42792TD42792 Member Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    43MK4 said:
    After last spyder final my f2p IG cash and gold savings hit bottom. Went all in on that one.
    I’m glad to see a new update with so many new cars, but have to admit that my expectations for all GR events have really hit bottom as I have no chance in building up a GR competitive garage with no savings and reduced board prizes (40k less per day).
    I think we will see a clear demarcation between f2p and p2w in GR events. All f2p players are in the same boat: burned all savings and no more cash income. Even if I bought packs with gold, I would not be able to upgrade the cars. P2W are just going to smash through GR. Another reason for me not to invest in my GR garage, I know as f2p I will be dead in the water even if I try.
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Member Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    greddy said:
    I didn’t, got put in a new bracket that is taking an age to fill, only 60 people so far. 
    greddy said:
    I didn’t, got put in a new bracket that is taking an age to fill, only 60 people so far. 
    40 didnt updated yet?

Dunno i ended up in same bracket. 
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Member Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    greddy said:
    greddy said:
    40 didnt updated yet?

Dunno i ended up in same bracket. 
    Yeh I presume the slow fill rate has to do with those not updating but whether it’s been split between 2 brackets or what I’m not sure, certainly people in my new one that weren’t in the pre-update one. 🤷🏻‍♂️