General Discussion

PL9.0 - German Renaissance Discussion Thread

Comments

• BasilBasil Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    I'm using IOS and having no trouble at all. I must say that I have played untill a few weeks ago on a I-pad mini and it became unplayable (jumped out of the game,...) . Now I have a new Iphone8 and it runs EXTREMILY smooth. Except for the server errors of course :-)
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Member Posts: 181 ✭✭✭
    To say something positive:
    Now that the autofill hand bug is gone, the feature is actually quite good and useful.
    Just realized that my saved hands still vanish. I take my positiv enthusiasm back

• joel24joel24 Member Posts: 640 ✭✭✭
    I quite like the new 'splashscreen', a big improvement over the FR one.
    But anyone else thinks the 'motion lines' make it look like the custardmobile is reversing at high speed?

There is an idea, tracks run in reverse gear.
    EVs will decimate everything
    Uff! Now I can't unsee that.
  • AntounAntoun Member Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know if it was reported somewhere, but some filters are not working well...
    Of course Pagani is still missing, like Acura, Bugatti, RAM and Scuderia.
    But some filters are not working properly:

- DS filter is showing German Renaissance cars.
    - Volvo is showing all the garage.

• mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nee update out! Where are patches?
  • greddygreddy Member Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mauro07 said:
    Fixed Volvo and DS filters were not working correcting.
    Fixed an issue where repeating entering and exiting an event screen could soft lock the game
    Rebuilt the Hand Autosave feature from the ground up to:
    Fix any residual issues players were experiencing, better supporting update migration
    Fix the ability to save/load hands independently of the autosave feature
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Member Posts: 181 ✭✭✭
    greddy said:
    mauro07 said:
    Rebuilt the Hand Autosave feature from the ground up to:
    Fix any residual issues players were experiencing, better supporting update migration
    Fix the ability to save/load hands independently of the autosave feature
    And it took only 1 month.
  • RWareRWare Member Posts: 418 ✭✭✭
    1 Month is quick to rebuild something from the ground up, and get it tested, and get it released to a play store. Give them a bit of credit.

Feel free to discard this if it doesn't work like first time though.
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not designed for children hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahah!!!!
  • REALAISREALAIS Member Posts: 89 ✭✭
    Check Google play.

Only 1 Hutch app doesnt have that 
    "Not designed for children" tag.

Practicaly all their apps are not for children.
  • hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 29
    TD42792 said:
    I am sorry as it seems I am clearly bothering people with this, happy to take this discussion some other place, but I still do not understand why the roadster had to move.
    Why did you think it was a good idea to move the boundary between legend and epic to that position? (Or decide not to interfere with it being placed there?). Just the ever so slightly weaker 0-100? It has always been like this for 2 years, why change and why now?
    Does it mean in pl10 or 11 the roadster could become legend again (now fully maxed), or the coupe could drop to epic as it is now the weakest of all legendaries?
    It's fine! You're allowed to feel strongly about this.

- Cars become better or worse over time, relative to other cars, so they drift to other RQ/Rarities. So that RQ/Rarity is meaningful, occasionally we realign RQ/Rarity with the rankings.
    - The line has to be somewhere. One car has to be A/26 and the next car has to be S/27.
    - The Mercedes-Benz SLS Roadster (2012) is the lowest ranked legendary, and has been for months. In fact, it now sits below a few A/26 cars
    - There are new cars in future updates that are ranked higher than the Roadster but that fit better as Epics. So the Roadster will sit more deeply in the A/26 category than it does even now.
    - In this update, in the higher rarities, I wanted to balance the inflow and outflow of cars between tiers.
    - This was an opportunity to slightly buff both Epic and Legendary categories

As I said, I'm protective over Epic / Legendary rarity drift, it would be unlikely for the Roadster to move again.
    Sorry, but I feel the need to revive this topic again because I think you missed a crucial point, "The Upgrades".

The SLS and SLS Roadster are virtually identical, only a fraction of a percent is different. The SLS will, if both are stock or evenly upgraded, beat the Roadster by a bare minimum and that is your argument for the rebalance. But you are comparing them when both are at the same upgrade level, which won't be the case from now on.
    With the new RQ ranking, you are buffing the Roadster and simultaneously nerfing the SLS. The SLS will from now on lose every race against a Roadster, just because it's easier to upgrade an A car then a S car. And people are going to upgade it from now on.

For a rebalance of a S car you should count the "upgrade" factor in and I have the feeling you didn't.
    Tell me, is the SLS now the lowest ranked S car?
    the line has to be drawn somewhere and you will find always some being unhappy with it. because of that I suggested some months ago less distinguished upgrading costs between epics and bad legendaries. 
    https://forums.hutchgames.com/discussion/6469/rq27-legendaries-and-their-value-to-the-game/p1
    Post edited by hillclimber on
    edited July 30
    I actually want the rarity tier system retained, but upgrading a Legendary is such a pain. You are going to need 15 spare epics, while most of the player base can't even obtain 5 in a year. 
    A good solution would be for 3 cars 2 tiers below the target car to merge (with cash) to form a "fuse ticket" that can be stored and cannot be returned into cars. That way garage space can be saved, upgrading legendaries will only require UR's (and requires some more cash) and I think that will solve the problem of people pulling great legendaries but only having them at 1.3 to be beaten by Epics that are fully upgraded.
    The more prestigious (i.e. higher RQ in the tier) a car is, the more tickets they're gonna need. For example, a Bugatti Chiron will need 20 tickets, while a normal SLS would only require 10, or 8 to fuse. That would seriously clear the confusion and the frustration surrounding this subject. This will work the same for lower tier cars, for example a TVR Tamora would need 25 tickets (cause rares are much easier to come by) to upgrade past 1.3 while a Hummer H3 would only need 12 (I'm imagining arbitrary numbers here) to get past 1.3.
    You can use this system conjunctly with the current system of 3 cars of a lower or same tier.
  • RobGripesRobGripes Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TGPD
    I'm not sure I understand fully, but my question is would your system mean that those cars which are low RQ in a rarity band, like RQ23, RQ27 cars be easily upgraded? 

My biggest problem with rarity tiers is that such cars aren't going to be maxed and then some variety in the game is lost.

edited July 30
    RobGripes said:
    @TGPD
    I'm not sure I understand fully, but my question is would your system mean that those cars which are low RQ in a rarity band, like RQ23, RQ27 cars be easily upgraded? 
    Yes. Because now, unless there is an urgent need to do so for a prize car, then these guys would either gather dust (ahem rs4.0) or be food (ahem e55).
    Personally, I would like that you can update your car with every car there is (max.9 upgrades). But there are different classes in upgrade. What I mean is, when you want to upgrade your grip, you need to upgrade with a car with the same tyres AND the grip of the car you use has to be higher than the car you want to update. In that way you are open to use all the cars you have.
    To be sure that you understand what I mean I will give another example: When you have a car with max.speed 197 km/h and you want to upgrade this car, you will have to use a car with at least 198km/h. Personally, I would find this more interesting and still easy to understand.
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Member Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basil said:
    Personally, I would like that you can update your car with every car there is (max.9 upgrades). But there are different classes in upgrade. What I mean is, when you want to upgrade your grip, you need to upgrade with a car with the same tyres AND the grip of the car you use has to be higher than the car you want to update. In that way you are open to use all the cars you have.
    To be sure that you understand what I mean I will give another example: When you have a car with max.speed 197 km/h and you want to upgrade this car, you will have to use a car with at least 198km/h. Personally, I would find this more interesting and still easy to understand.
    This would remove an interesting strategic choice of the game. I'd be against it.
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never understood why we need 3 cars to upgrade each stage. Why not just have it set as 1 car to gatekeep the upgrade and increase the cost of the upgrade by the sale value of the other 2 cars.

Ie A's sell for 65k so increase the upgrade cost of S's by 130k. D's sell for 1k so increase the upgrade cost of C's by 2k. Etc etc.

If 1 car is too low to gatekeep the upgrades maybe 2 instead with the cost increased by the 1 removed car.
  • UltimateUltimate Member Posts: 775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RobGripes said:
    I've not made this suggestion in the past, cos i don't think Hutch are really listening. Tim comes into the forum from time to time, i believe because he's a fan of the game. O bet even his feedback falls on deaf ears. But i shall hold on to the tiniest glimmer of hope that they do indeed listen to our ideas 

Get rid of rarity tiers.  Only use RQ.

Upgrade cars by using 3 cars of a certain rq score, just to provide an example if you want to upgrade a  RQ30 car, u must fuse three cars totaling 74 RQ (i took the average epic score and multiplied by 3. 

What ever that ratio is, but make it fair Hutch, none of this self-defined inflation you speak of. 

Seeing as 74 is nearly 2.5 times 30, the rule might be something like RQ score times 2.5.

Rq30 > 74
    Rq29 > 72
    Rq28 > 70
    Etc
    I think this system would be more restrictive than the one we have now. For example to upgrade a rq 30 you would need a minimum of rq 25 x 2 and 1 rq 24 epic. In fact you wouldn’t be able to use 3 x rq 23 epics unless for rq 27 or lower.
  • RobGripesRobGripes Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 30
    Ultimate said:
    RobGripes said:
    I've not made this suggestion in the past, cos i don't think Hutch are really listening. Tim comes into the forum from time to time, i believe because he's a fan of the game. O bet even his feedback falls on deaf ears. But i shall hold on to the tiniest glimmer of hope that they do indeed listen to our ideas 

Get rid of rarity tiers.  Only use RQ.

Upgrade cars by using 3 cars of a certain rq score, just to provide an example if you want to upgrade a  RQ30 car, u must fuse three cars totaling 74 RQ (i took the average epic score and multiplied by 3. 

What ever that ratio is, but make it fair Hutch, none of this self-defined inflation you speak of. 

Seeing as 74 is nearly 2.5 times 30, the rule might be something like RQ score times 2.5.

Rq30 > 74
    Rq29 > 72
    Rq28 > 70
    Etc
    I think this system would be more restrictive than the one we have now. For example to upgrade a rq 30 you would need a minimum of rq 25 x 2 and 1 rq 24 epic. In fact you wouldn’t be able to use 3 x rq 23 epics unless for rq 27 or lower.

I was thinking more along the lines of using up those duplicate legends some have.

I have a RQ27 and an extra RQ25 i don't need, that leaves me one car RQ22 to finish the trio.

The proposal is just because after nearly two years, i have never maxed an RQ23 car. I only have them maxed if they jumped from RQ22 during a rarity shift.
    TD01055 said:
    Basil said:
    Sweet holy mackerel that’s a terrible idea 😆. So how would you upgrade Bugatti’s? You’d need to sacrifice a car with 99 grip to get the final fuse on a Furai? No thanks

Maybe you should think a little further than that. A maxed Bugatti is almost unbeatable. To be able to upgrade it you will have to 'sacrifice' a lot. Personally I would think the game would benefit from it. f2p can use the Honda Beat to upgrade even A cars without sacrificing B cars. I even think this will increase the tactical view on the game. You must think more carefull which cars to use as food and which to keep for maybe better cars to upgrade. Cars which are way above others are now in upgrade modus unbeatable in some circuits as that one stat is too high compared to other cars in the same category. Everybody now uses fully upgraded Diniz, Megane,Furai,2 Eleven, Hellcats. Make it more difficult to upgrade them so that you avoid having races with 3 fully upgraded Meganes or 2 upgraded Furais and 2x 2 Elevens.
    Basil said:
    This would remove an interesting strategic choice of the game. I'd be against it.

Can you explain ?
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Member Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basil said:
    Basil said:

Can you explain ?
    All maxed cars would be the same if all 9 upgrades were available. Now you have to consider long term usability of every time before making a decision, especially since you're unlikely to get duplicates for most high end cars
    Basil said:
    Basil said:

Can you explain ?
    All maxed cars would be the same if all 9 upgrades were available. Now you have to consider long term usability of every time before making a decision, especially since you're unlikely to get duplicates for most high end cars

I don't see the difference. There would still be a 3-way upgrade possible => Topspeed-grip-acceleration and you can only upgrade 8 of them (I would prefer 7 so that the variation would be more than now).

The long term usability is also the same, not ? I think even more, as you can use a E car with high grip (I'm talking about fi 83 can upgrade my Cadillac Sixteen (S-car).