General Discussion

PL9 - Known issues

Comments

• BoxtaSBoxtaS Member Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sherby90 said:
    Another really small one, but shows the quality of your testing and your fine eye for details: In "All cars" section VW is last, but Volvo should be last, after VW. Simple stuff... Too high expectations?
    Some programming languages sort capitals and lower case differently, so VW could come before Vo I think. Still doesn’t look right, but I can live with it far better than I can the saved hand mess 
  • samagoichisamagoichi Member Posts: 829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RobGripes said:
    I have managed to solve the bug involving the game asking if we want holding pool notifications.

Go into settings, scroll down to reveal the notifications settings below.

Check / uncheck the setting for holding pool cars and it should be fixed. Works for me on Android.

Thanks! Works for me on IOS. 
  • TD42792TD42792 Member Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RobGripes said:
    I have managed to solve the bug involving the game asking if we want holding pool notifications.

Check / uncheck the setting for holding pool cars and it should be fixed. Works for me on Android.

Yeah!!!! Thanks @robgripes!
    RobGripes said:

You are my hero. 

Why did it take a forumer to tell us how to solve this and nothing from Hutch? 
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Member Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoxtaS said:
    RobGripes said:

You are my hero. 

Why did it take a forumer to tell us how to solve this and nothing from Hutch? 
    funnily enough this is exactly what I have to do for sound fx every time I switch between bluetooth sound devices. I reported it multiple times, nothing has been done from the start so if that's not permament, then you'd better expect to do it again and again until the end of time
  • RWareRWare Member Posts: 425 ✭✭✭
    ^ This

Rollback the code change for that feature. I would rather you guys do that over trying to fix something properly. Do it in 2 updates not 1 whilst frustrating your entire userbase.

• PimPim Member Posts: 40 ✭✭
    Something changed, the current hand is kept after each round, just tried in the daily.
  • TD47959TD47959 Member Posts: 207 ✭✭✭
    Pim said:
    Something changed, the current hand is kept after each round, just tried in the daily.
    Not really, still completely Bugged in the merc event, can‘t be bothered to manually select a hand everytime i play. such a pain in the **** to play atm 
  • binnerbinner Member Posts: 485 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow this is really annoying. For the daily event every time I play it switches to my daily hand I was using yesterday which had 5x std tires. So it's not full UK so even to place my 5 smarf hands it was a chore 
  • O__VERO__VER Member Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭✭✭
    binner said:
    Wow this is really annoying. For the daily event every time I play it switches to my daily hand I was using yesterday which had 5x std tires. So it's not full UK so even to place my 5 smarf hands it was a chore 
    For me it's switching to the hand I was using in the Ford event. 4 out of 5 cars were UK cars which is lucky because if all 5 were, I would be having a very frustrating smurf day.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    O__VER said:
    binner said:
    For me it's switching to the hand I was using in the Ford event. 4 out of 5 cars were UK cars which is lucky because if all 5 were, I would be having a very frustrating smurf day.

This was happening with me and the Buick/Volvo event.  Every time I played a ticket, it “remembered” my hand from the Ford event.  Extremely frustrating.

• PimPim Member Posts: 40 ✭✭
    TD47959 said:
    Pim said:
    Not really, still completely Bugged in the merc event, can‘t be bothered to manually select a hand everytime i play. such a pain in the **** to play atm 
    I spoke too soon, it reverts to last night's smurfing hand each round now 😐
  • OzzmanOzzman Member Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great, now two out of the three events are playing this "reverting hand after every race" madness.
  • JacoJaco Member Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭✭
    All this sounds like Hutch should bring us back to PL 1.0 with the cars they now have licensed and start building from that point on again with the knowledge they have gathered in the last 2,5 years.
    Ozzman said:
    Great, now two out of the three events are playing this "reverting hand after every race" madness.
    4/4 for me yesterday

Gave up on Ford Event
    RobGripes said:
    oooh, I feel a free CF coming  ;) 

Can we make it a GR pack pretty please?   :D
    I’m not giving you a CF. Maybe a plastic 
  • malsmals Member Posts: 99 ✭✭✭
    edited June 27
    How many days do you need to fix something so easy as the auto-load?

Delete this option and add it again when it works fine. 

And of course, this errors cant be possible.
  • Sherby90Sherby90 Member Posts: 290 ✭✭✭
    Just a small note: I have also written about firing people after blatant mistakes some time ago and I got a warning for that...
    mals said:
    How many days do you need to fix something so easy as the auto-load?

Delete this option and add it again when it works fine. 

And of course, fired someone, this errors cant be possible.
    Deleting the option entirely could probably cause app crashes. Deleting the option could also show behavior whereby your cars are blank every time you load into that screen, it's probably not that simple.

I would advise the feature be rolled back however to it's last known working config state. Seems a better option to take.

Also, of course errors like this are possible. Code on any level is not bulletproof.
  • hifichrishifichris Member Posts: 274 ✭✭✭
    edited June 27
    RWare said:
    Also, of course errors like this are possible. Code on any level is not bulletproof.
    This kind of bug is totally forbidden in a final version with a normal process of delivery. If this these bug can appear during unitary test, it can t during integration test. If it appear also in integration test, it s already a big mistake. So in final version, It s totally unprofessional.
    I agree Chris, but I don't know what processes are in place, not my place to decide.

My comment was more towards the fact that it is possible (of course it's unprofessional, and I am sure they know this). And asking for people to be fired is a bit untoward.
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe Hutch have altered their processes recently to a more agile methodology and are simply providing an MVP (Minimum Viable Product) which as it turns out, isn't so viable.
  • hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 27
    Blue2moro said:
    Maybe Hutch have altered their processes recently to a more agile methodology and are simply providing an MVP (Minimum Viable Product) which as it turns out, isn't so viable.
    I don't know how much of that is sarcasm and how serious you are, but I was thinking about the same. Maybe it's part of their strategie to go in the summer months (off season) for a soft reset and start in the fall again with a fresh player base not so much dominated by the long time players. Remember exactly one year ago the 2 months without any finals after the 918 because of server issues?
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blue2moro said:
    I don't know how much of that is sarcasm and how serious you are, but I was thinking about the same. Maybe it's part of their strategie to go in the summer months (off season) for a soft reset and start in the fall again with a fresh player base not so much dominated by the long time players. Remember exactly one year ago the 2 months without any finals after the 918 because of server issues?
    My current job role is around management of such processes in an IT environment, and we happen to be going through a similar shift from more waterfall methodologies that involve a lot of process steps to this new agile method of working.  Minimum Viable Product is a real thing and focuses on getting something to users faster but maybe not in a complete state.

So, part sarcasm, part genuine query.
  • RobGripesRobGripes Member Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoxtaS said:
    RobGripes said:
    oooh, I feel a free CF coming  ;) 

Can we make it a GR pack pretty please?   :D
    I’m not giving you a CF. Maybe a plastic 

I can score plenty of commons in all the event prizeboards now. How about 20K? That's like 3 days worth of cash prizes!  :s
  • AnzatoroAnzatoro Member Posts: 260 ✭✭✭
    @Hutch_Tim

Please please update us with some good news about the auto-save hand and saved hands issues!

People asked for disabling it until you fix it, is there a problem with that?