Tyres for Volkswagen I.D. R Pikes Peak

PlantedZebraPlantedZebra Posts: 710 ✭✭✭✭
So the current IDRPP in game have all surface tyres.
But didn't Pikes Peak become full asphalt a few years back?
So I looked everywhere on the internet trying to find the tyres for this car, and this was the best I could find.
I dunno about yall but that looks like slick tyres to me.
However in case anyone don't believe the car above is the IDRPP, here's another picture of it.
See? Same wheels.

Comments

• grandvachegrandvache Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭✭✭
    100% slicks

• PlantedZebraPlantedZebra Posts: 710 ✭✭✭✭
    @grandvache thanks, you managed to find a wayyy clearer picture than mine. :D
  • REALAISREALAIS Posts: 819 ✭✭✭
    Hutch was at Goodwood show, and there was I.D. R PP too. Maybe they were able to check tyres xD
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In reality, these are bespoke tires made just for the Pikes Peak race to withstand the changing conditions unlike any normal race (temperatures from 30 degrees F, rain, snow, hail, dirt and gravel on the course, etc.).  We would need a different tire category that is not a traditional slick and not a performance or all surface, so I think it must be put into a category for now that matches the intended use of the car in game (as opposed to when the car was run at the Nurburgring in a different configuration and tires).
  • Master3194Master3194 Posts: 377
    Tire Actually is Michelin Pilot Sport GT "SLICK" 31/71-18 S9M.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_I.D._R
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 6,930 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tire Actually is Michelin Pilot Sport GT "SLICK" 31/71-18 S9M.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_I.D._R
    Wikipedia is crowd-sourced information and not official test data or road tests performed by verifiable sources.  Please do not use them as a source.
  • grandvachegrandvache Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In reality, these are bespoke tires made just for the Pikes Peak race to withstand the changing conditions unlike any normal race (temperatures from 30 degrees F, rain, snow, hail, dirt and gravel on the course, etc.).  We would need a different tire category that is not a traditional slick and not a performance or all surface, so I think it must be put into a category for now that matches the intended use of the car in game (as opposed to when the car was run at the Nurburgring in a different configuration and tires).
    Standard race car issue then. Hutch can argue for whatever they want because there is no fixed spec.

Having said that, if it looks like a slick, acts like a slick and quacks like a slick, it's a slick.
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hoping Hutch watch Top Gear tomorrow so they can double check the tyres...
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Standard race car issue then. Hutch can argue for whatever they want because there is no fixed spec.

Having said that, if it looks like a slick, acts like a slick and quacks like a slick, it's a slick.
    Does it look/act/quacks like a slick though? I've yet to hear about a slick designed for hail.
  • juan_cruz_96juan_cruz_96 Posts: 304 ✭✭✭
    Totally agree with @grandvache. It's been harder and harder to qualify tires in this forum. We do know that the category of tire in-game should reflect the same or the closest to the real one. So, if we just checked that uses a "type of" slick tire, and that it didn't run in anything other than asphalt, and that Pikes Peak is 100% asphalt, why don't note the change?
  • SCOOTYYYYYYYYSCOOTYYYYYYYY Posts: 95 ✭✭
    It needs a handling buff ngl, 92 stock seems a bit low. I guess that big wing doesn't do that much 

• JaguarDTMJaguarDTM Posts: 324 ✭✭✭
    It needs a handling buff ngl, 92 stock seems a bit low. 

Yeah definitely should get a handling buff considering it corners so hard it can make the driver faint.
    https://www.carthrottle.com/post/the-vw-id-r-corners-so-hard-youll-pass-out-at-the-wheel/
  • JaguarDTMJaguarDTM Posts: 324 ✭✭✭
    IDR is practically the best handling car irl in this game yet it has lower handling than a 911 GT3 RS lol 
  • PrestonLKPrestonLK Posts: 38 ✭✭
    Looks like slicks to me. The "intended use of the car" is pikes peak, a fully paved road hill climb. I am yet to see one of these driving in the dirt or snow.
  • Chesko63Chesko63 Posts: 4
    It should have slicks, as it's shown on latest Chris Harris video. 
    At around 4:40 you can clearly see those are slicks and also many other photos prove it has slicks. Handling also must be way higher than it is now, it's literally one of the best handling "cars" in the world and yet it is not maybe in top 10 in TD. "New" Pikes peak race doesn't have any off road sections so there is no way VW would benefit from having All Surface tires comparing to full slicks. This needs to be fixed before it's release 
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chesko63 said:
    It should have slicks, as it's shown on latest Chris Harris video. 
    At around 4:40 you can clearly see those are slicks and also many other photos prove it has slicks. Handling also must be way higher than it is now, it's literally one of the best handling "cars" in the world and yet it is not maybe in top 10 in TD. "New" Pikes peak race doesn't have any off road sections so there is no way VW would benefit from having All Surface tires comparing to full slicks. This needs to be fixed before it's release 
    Did you read the thread at all?
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 6,930 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are you guys so dead set against having a Suzuki Pikes Peak competitor?  Regardless, @TopDrives40778 will be replying to this.