General Discussion

Hutch, why are you afraid of us earning money?

Comments

• mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the game is based on opening packs and not in cars... the thrilling of open packs... for f2p there are only one way... ceramic and grinding for open more ceramic...
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 26
    Yeah, sorry hutch. I'm done for now. 1 ceramic today as I just cant bring myself to play. The lowered cash is bad enough but this hand saving bug meaning I have to set a hand manually for EVERY.DAMN.RACE is just too much.

I'll get my Austin and then I'm not touching the game for a couple days. Hopefully something is fixed in the meantime.
  • TNThomasTNThomas Member Posts: 546 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 26
    I agree 100% with OP. The old prize boards were great in my opinion!

Furthermore, I find it striking that a lot of you put in the effort to share your long and well written opinions (thanks for that), but that no one from Hutch reacts to this...
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Member Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch will be monitoring the participation stats very closely. I predict a ‘no more dailies’ style turnaround within a week. 
  • SSVSSV Member Posts: 46 ✭✭✭
    I was half way through doing the “worst hand, 5 quits” process just now so I could set myself up for a good day of smurfing. But then I remembered how little cash I earned yesterday...

I think I might just spend the day outside instead...
  • RobGripesRobGripes Member Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they had only lowered the daily event and kept the rest probably no one would have complained. decreasing all prizeboard is just plain wrong. like most what we have seen this year in the game... bugs, more bugs, halfthought ideas, lots of sweettalk about wrong decisions.

This is a really good point, I don't know why nobody else has agreed. 

lowering the value of all prizeboards across the main events as well as the daily has further reduced our income. We now, earn far less because instead of just missing out on 100% of the daily events' income (when it wasn't running) we now have roughly 60% income from the daily, and 60% income from the other 1-2 events running alongside it. That is a big loss for everyone, but mostly for those that don't farm in clubs.

At this point, I feel as though we were better off without the daily and having 100% income in the other events. Having it brought back has actually further reduced our cash income!

Event after the 'fix' from Hutch, I am still frustrated by the invention of the clubs feature. Why, oh why?! 
  • StealthFTStealthFT Member Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    justjukie said:
    I agree with this. But it still presents the issue that everyone is echoing in ALL these other threads and I'm sure you will agree with, which is all that will do is expediate the already large gap between F2P and P2W players. All the P2W will have the wallerts and garages to soak up the top 2 tiers and continue to grow while all the F2P will now have less cash to even make a play for those top tiers. I understand Hutch is a business, if they tighten the noose on F2P being able to get cash and gold as easy maybe, just maybe, we buy cash/gold/cars. I'm not sure if they are running business analytics that show something different than how we act and talk on the forums but I, for one, would not opt to purchase anything and just move on to a different timesink game.

I've quite enjoyed this game for almost 2 years. The first 6-8 months I had no idea about smurfing. I would play a hand in an event, see I was super outclassed, let that hand sit til the end of the event and collect whatever tier reward I got. Once I found smurfing, I started making cash. It felt incredible. I could compete against people who had obviously put large amounts of money into the game. But I couldn't compete EVERY event. That playerbase still stood out in certain events, especially finals, where they rightfully should. And you know what, both I and them were happy I bet. The whale felt happy cause they were crushing T1 and T2 finishes and getting a prize car payoff or a CF pack with lots of cash and gold; BUT I, as F2P, was also happy that was somewhat competitive finally after almost a year. After the American Dream patch dropped I was able to invest lots of cash and gold into packs that I had saved. I finished T1 in one for once and T2 in two others. I was also extremely competitive for the Demon to my surprise eventually finishing T2 there as well. 

I don't post much when the wrath is already being distributed by others who have been on the forum longer about changes that effect F2P because I understand it's a business. But up until the introduction of clubs, I would wager to say most of F2P and P2W were pretty happy with the gold/cash economy. I think us smurfers knew we could compete to an extent but understood whales would most likely win more times than not. Whales were happy. Smurfers were happy. Understand that the majority of us will NOT purchase in-game purchases to fill the missing cash or gold coming. We will just move on as the gap between P2W and F2P grows with each hit smurfing takes. 
    Very well said, this is exactly my experience.
    What they're failing to understand is that the way they keep squeezing is doing nothing but alienate a large portion of the player base. Keep doing it and eventually we'll leave when there will be no feasible way to be remotely competitive without spending big bucks (or playing clubs!).
    We love this game, so please don't do this.
  • aleale Member Posts: 79 ✭✭
    Hutch ci ha ridato i quotidiano, ma ci ha puniti abbassando i premi di tutti gli eventi. Implementano sempre nuove vetture, ma abbassano i premi. Come pensano si possa andare avanti in questo modo nel gioco?
    Aver implementato i club doveva essere un valore aggiunto per chi aveva voglia di spendere ancore più tempo in questo gioco. 
    Sono sempre più deluso della gestione di questo gioco soprattutto dal punto di vista economico!
  • BasilBasil Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    Ultimate said:
    Basil, if you don’t mind me saying, this is the 4th consecutive post I’ve read of yours in which I don’t know what the hell you are going on about.

So 15 of you guys agree on this without asking me what the h*ll I'm talking about ? It shows just how easy it is to moan about things without helping to make this game better. It seems easier to push a button then give your opinion,... I think that's sad. At least I try to come up with ideas that would improve the game,.. even if they don't make sense for some of you or even is hard to understand (English is not my native language).
  • SchmidtiSchmidti Member Posts: 160 ✭✭✭
    Basil said:
    Ultimate said:
    Basil, if you don’t mind me saying, this is the 4th consecutive post I’ve read of yours in which I don’t know what the hell you are going on about.

So 15 of you guys agree on this without asking me what the h*ll I'm talking about ? It shows just how easy it is to moan about things without helping to make this game better. It seems easier to push a button then give your opinion,... I think that's sad. At least I try to come up with ideas that would improve the game,.. even if they don't make sense for some of you or even is hard to understand (English is not my native language).
    I don't want to start an argument here so please try to take my opinion as it is. You are flooding many threads in this forum with your ideas, not always respecting the initial topic. 

My intention with this thread was not to moan. I'm still waiting for a statement from hutch, why they think we should have less ig cash (see first post).

There are other threads where the discussion is on about changes in the game. 
    Schmidti said:
    Basil said:
    Ultimate said:

I don't want to start an argument here so please try to take my opinion as it is. You are flooding many threads in this forum with your ideas, not always respecting the initial topic. 

My intention with this thread was not to moan. I'm still waiting for a statement from hutch, why they think we should have less ig cash (see first post).

There are other threads where the discussion is on about changes in the game. 

Hutch already explained before you posted this new thread, or do you want a personal answer ?

Imo my ideas or comments fit in the topic. Maybe I don't always agree with the one that started the topic but then again,.. do I have to ???? Instead of just saying that I put nonsens in the wrong topic you guys could ask what I mean with my comments or try to understand what I mean. You ask (why can't I have my money?'  => I ask you 'why do you need the money (by smurfing)?' => Why don't you find a proposal where you don't need to smurf,..

That's my last comment. When you still don't see my point of view, so be it.

• UltimateUltimate Member Posts: 777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 27
    Basil unless they reward t4/t5 with 50k+ cash as an end prize, the vast majority of players will need to smurf to remain competitive. 

The vast majority of players will finish t3 and lower, that’s the nature of the game. You can tell 100 players to play “competitively” but 90 of those players WILL finish with a rubbish prize. People farm precisely because not everyone will or can finish t1/t2.

If a player who’s holding a hand that will finish 99th, how exactly does fixing rq requirements make them anymore competitive? It’s ludicrous. A smart player will make the most of a bad situation. An even smarter player will play with the long term objective in mind. Ie., if I farm for so many weeks, I could save x gold and y cash and now I can afford to spend big and play for this z prize car I’ve been salivating over for the last year.

Other than farming, there’s no other way a f2p and even a lot of players who spend, can achieve a shot at a prize car
    Ultimate said:
    Basil unless they reward t4/t5 with 50k+ cash as an end prize, the vast majority of players will need to smurf to remain competitive. 

The vast majority of players will finish t3 and lower, that’s the nature of the game. You can tell 100 players to play “competitively” but 90 of those players WILL finish with a rubbish prize. People farm precisely because not everyone will or can finish t1/t2.

If a player who’s holding a hand that will finish 99th, how exactly does fixing rq requirements make them anymore competitive? It’s ludicrous. A smart player will make the most of a bad situation. An even smarter player will play with the long term objective in mind. Ie., if I farm for so many weeks, I could save x gold and y cash and now I can afford to spend big and play for this z prize car I’ve been salivating over for the last year.

Other than farming, there’s no other way a f2p and even a lot of players who spend, can achieve a shot at a prize car

Ultimate,

don't get me wrong. I admire you guys doing the farming way, really I do. That's one of the reasons why I keep on trying to find proposals to help you guys from overcomming the money issue. I follow your way of thinking but , again, I spend a lot of money on this game and even then it is VERY difficult to get T1 or T2 because Hutch is pulling up the RQ. And when I see you guys farming and how you try to get your garage up,... no way that you will get in T1 or T2 in a normal way any more (without doing late joining or playing for 10 years 10 hours a day). There are just too many whales in the game by now. For the French ren. I must have spend about 1500 Euro (really, Hutch have my promission to confirm this) and of all the events with these cars,.. well , I might have gotten 2 or 3 times in T1. al the rest T2 . How on earth will you guys get in T2 when the RQ will stay this high ????

Do you get my point ?

I don't want you guys to drop out. This is a great game where every player should find the fun the seek.

I'm not a farming guy , so it is difficult for me to judge. I can only tell from my point of view that it is VERY hard to get T1 and staying in T2. When I even think of not having the gold,.. and use just the money I earn (even when you multiply by 5) and buy just ceramics (and occasionally CF), it would take ages to even thinking of competing to get in T2 and then Hutch do an update with lot's of new cars and events that use these cars => I would have to start over again.

Just out of curiosity : How long do you play this game and how many S-A-B cars you have (and also how many of them maxed ?) . To give me an idea what is possible with only farming ?

• DrizztSalvatoreDrizztSalvatore Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    lowering the RQ doesn't help the F2P players a great deal, as already stated the Whales P2W have garages 2-3 times the size and already have the CDEF cars fully maxed, the Play 2 Win players like yourself Basil have larger garages with maxed cars CDEF that fit the low RQ criteria that the free 2 play players don't have or if they do they are not maxed. So getting into tiers 1-3 is very very hard so lower prize boards will just exacerbate the situation of the widening gulf. The higher end prize in tiers 4-5 nowhere near makes up for loss of smurfing the prize boards
  • RobGripesRobGripes Member Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basil said:

I'm not a farming guy , so it is difficult for me to judge. I can only tell from my point of view that it is VERY hard to get T1 and staying in T2. When I even think of not having the gold,.. and use just the money I earn (even when you multiply by 5) and buy just ceramics (and occasionally CF), it would take ages to even thinking of competing to get in T2 and then Hutch do an update with lot's of new cars and events that use these cars => I would have to start over again.

Just out of curiosity : How long do you play this game and how many S-A-B cars you have (and also how many of them maxed ?) . To give me an idea what is possible with only farming ?

Since October 2017.

s - 17 (7 prize cars) none maxed, 18 epics fused into my cars
    A - 79 18 maxed, a few very nearly maxed
    B - 132, loads maxed. 

• HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't help to have lower RQ events if the player base can't afford to upgrade the cars for those events.
  • 43MK443MK4 Member Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Basil can you tell us your S-A-B numbers and amount of S-A prize cars?

I'm impressed with the garage of RobGripes although I'm thinking if he will get this same garage with the RQ Hutch is pulling now. But let's say he does,.. and I see what he has done (HeissRod this one is for you) => With the maxed cars he already have in B, why wouldn't he be able to max C-D-E-F cars ? He must have had tons of money to do so first and when Hutch lower the RQ he might get in events easier without spending much money on upgrading B's and A's for certain events because maybe he will have to use only 1 A and 1 B car? Do you understand my point of view ?

Of course the p2w players have a bigger garage and have more choice, but the higher the RQ the more difficult smurfers have to be able to compete, right ?