General Discussion

Hutch, will more low RQ events come in the future?

KeatingKeating Member Posts: 75 ✭✭
Being that the German Renaissance update came with an influx of F, E, and D cars, and now that new prize boards have more lower RQ cars in them, it only seems fitting that there should be more low RQ events. Most events that are not club events are on the higher RQ side (85-150) and do not give much opportunity for D, E, and F cards to be used. I remember a year ago there used to be far more low RQ events, often called “Formula Fun” events, but these seemed to have disappeared, as there are hardly any low RQ events nowadays that aren’t clubs. So hutch, would you add more Low RQ events that aren’t clubs, given that low RQ cars are much easier to earn? I think this is something myself and a lot of other players would like, as not everyone (especially F2P like me) has a garage full of URs, Epics, and Legendaries, and this can give us an opportunity to do well in events. I have plenty of fully upgraded D, E, and F cards that I haven’t yet used because there are such a low amount of low RQ events. Thanks for reading!

Comments

• KeatingKeating Member Posts: 75 ✭✭
    RobGripes said:
    Those events allowed non-whales to win, so i doubt they'll make a comeback. Can't sell CF packs for those can they?
    Sadly you’re probably right. So it makes me wonder then, why would hutch include so many low RQ cars in this update if they can’t be used at all?
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Member Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hate low RQ events with a passion, they always end up in a complete stalemate after the first 24hrs at most due to the ease of pulling/upgrading the cars, with the new prize boards it’ll be even easier to do so in that respect. 
    Idealy there could be 3 high/medium/low RQ events running at the same time to please everyone I suppose. 
  • TD01055TD01055 Member Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hate low RQ events with a passion, they always end up in a complete stalemate after the first 24hrs at most due to the ease of pulling/upgrading the cars, with the new prize boards it’ll be even easier to do so in that respect. 
    Idealy there could be 3 high/medium/low RQ events running at the same time to please everyone I suppose. 
    Are you quite mad?! Think of the inflation! We’d be drowning in legendaries
    That’s not true. There are more low RQ cars in the game than high RQ. The only time that would happen is if the requirements are very limited, but with the Formula Fun events, requirements were usually just a certain Rq (anywhere between 20 to 60 usually), and hands were pretty diverse.
    edited June 26
    TD01055 said:
    Are you quite mad?! Think of the inflation! We’d be drowning in legendaries
    Only the High RQ event would be for a holy grail ceramic, the plebs can play with their commons for 2 days and get an aluminium as tier1. 
  • justjukiejustjukie Member Posts: 78 ✭✭✭
    Keating said:
    That’s not true. There are more low RQ cars in the game than high RQ. The only time that would happen is if the requirements are very limited, but with the Formula Fun events, requirements were usually just a certain Rq (anywhere between 20 to 60 usually), and hands were pretty diverse.
    Hands were only diverse until you got to Tier 1 sometimes Tier 2, then everyone copied hands based on what was winning then it became stalemate. Don't get me wrong, I love the lower RQ events because whales don't dominate but there was typically always the same MUST have cars that you needed to win and usually included more than one of the same type of car. People either had them or tried desperately to pull and upgrade them. Until there is a requirement of 'No duplicate' with cars it will always be hard to make those low events diverse.
    So, do we want more low RQ events or not?
  • TD42792TD42792 Member Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or just one low rq event once in a while. I agree they were running too often and were getting boring with stalemate hands. But I did like using the lower end of the garage and solving the puzzle of finding that stalemate hand.

Would work well as pop up events over 12 or even 24h, where stalemate would not appear, or just at the end.
  • TD01055TD01055 Member Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m keen. The fact that I have barely any maxed SR and below FR cars tells the story. It would be nice to have some additional lower RQ events targeted to open up some experimentation with new cars. Additional. 
    Only thing the low end cars are good for is squeezing one in to allow the other four to be legendaries. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Member Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm fine with them as long as they're 1 day long or shorter. This way the stalemate doesn't have such a high chance of occurring 
  • TD42792TD42792 Member Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no point in upgrading low rq cars any more.
    Return on investment from playing club (only way to use them) is way too low, sporadic and inconsistent, and even then you can chose to participate in higher rq events so low rq cars are really not needed as it stands.
    TD42792 said:
    There is no point in upgrading low rq cars any more.
    Return on investment from playing club (only way to use them) is way too low, sporadic and inconsistent, and even then you can chose to participate in higher rq events so low rq cars are really not needed as it stands.
    Sad but true. This is a huge mistake on hutch’s part. Hutch added so many low RQ cars in the German update, many of which looks promising, but sadly they’ll almost never get to be used. What’s the point? Seems like a lot of time and resources wasted. 
  • BasilBasil Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    TD42792 said:
    Or just one low rq event once in a while. I agree they were running too often and were getting boring with stalemate hands. But I did like using the lower end of the garage and solving the puzzle of finding that stalemate hand.

Would work well as pop up events over 12 or even 24h, where stalemate would not appear, or just at the end.

It think that is a great idea,.. pop up events of just one day with low RQ,.. like Daily's but instead of RQ150 lower value,.. maybe swop every day with the Daily's we have now ? 1 day for Whaling and 1 day for all ?