General Discussion

405 T16 Pikes Peak Prelim - BMW (Event)

TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Member Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
Can we get some snow, sand or rain on the Nurburgring?

Comments

• TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Member Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What’s the weather forecast?
  • AvengedAvenged Member Posts: 376 ✭✭✭
    Man it sure feels like Hutch is trolling. They release PL9 with new manufacturers and then use an old one for the big events. So much for burning saved gold on GR packs and then burning saved cash to upgrade some decent GR cars.

Weren't AD and FR used for major events right after? Felt like the playing field was slightly more balanced when even the whales couldn't have a huge head start to events.
  • AvengedAvenged Member Posts: 376 ✭✭✭
    43MK4 said:
    Avenged said:
    Man it sure feels like Hutch is trolling. They release PL9 with new manufacturers and then use an old one for the big events. So much for burning saved gold on GR packs and then burning saved cash to upgrade some decent GR cars.

Weren't AD and FR used for major events right after? Felt like the playing field was slightly more balanced when even the whales couldn't have a huge head start to events.

I think its totally fine policy from Hutch to use a BMW for an event like this, right after a patch release.

Many players havent really build up a GR garage yet and could definitely use some more time to do so.

So instead of GR final right after patch release we have a BMW final where I believe old and new BMWs will be allowed, making it possible for everyone to join.

2 weeks later I will be expecting a full GR final. Exactly like it was done with FR patch where we had Cadillac final followed by full FR final.

I see the logic in that, true. Just that it also means that the big whales will have that much more time to build an indomitable hand too, skewing the playing field much more in their favour.

Well, if that is what the majority wants then.
  • OzzmanOzzman Member Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The BMW final is a clever move. You cannot really complain about it, because BMW has been in the game for ages, but also, with PL9 we got some legendary BMWs, that will probably be essential for T1. Packs will be sold, pockets will be stuffed. Everyone is happy, except for F2Ps. :)
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Member Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avenged said:
    43MK4 said:
    Avenged said:

I think its totally fine policy from Hutch to use a BMW for an event like this, right after a patch release.

Many players havent really build up a GR garage yet and could definitely use some more time to do so.

So instead of GR final right after patch release we have a BMW final where I believe old and new BMWs will be allowed, making it possible for everyone to join.

2 weeks later I will be expecting a full GR final. Exactly like it was done with FR patch where we had Cadillac final followed by full FR final.

I see the logic in that, true. Just that it also means that the big whales will have that much more time to build an indomitable hand too, skewing the playing field much more in their favour.

it's not impossible if you plan for it, I barely ever spend any cash on this game since the prices tripled and I still managed T1 in both FR finals. It was a matter of setting cash and gold aside before the update and starting that again after the final.

Now of course I'm broke and can't replenish the cash nearly as quickly and my luck was significantly worse too.
  • TD42792TD42792 Member Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avenged said:
    43MK4 said:
    Avenged said:

it's not impossible if you plan for it, I barely ever spend any cash on this game since the prices tripled and I still managed T1 in both FR finals. It was a matter of setting cash and gold aside before the update and starting that again after the final.

Now of course I'm broke and can't replenish the cash nearly as quickly and my luck was significantly worse too.
    Funny, exact same for me
  • grandvachegrandvache Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avenged said:
    43MK4 said:
    Avenged said:

Same here.  My FR packs (and AD packs for that matter) used up all my luck for a while I think.  GdR pulls have been pretty shocking so far, although I had about twice as much cash saved for FR & AD releases so I can't complain too much.
  • Evil_RabbitEvil_Rabbit Member Posts: 159 ✭✭✭
    How are the brackets filling up? Time to join?
    Tnx!
  • nel1978nel1978 Member Posts: 153 ✭✭✭

@Tesseracthh @ZotZe
    Hello guys, we are together at the Prelims, if is possible to avoid me, would be nice 😊
  • greddygreddy Member Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 1
    nel1978 said:

@Tesseracthh @ZotZe
    Hello guys, we are together at the Prelims, if is possible to avoid me, would be nice 😊
    I am here too fighting for top10. :smile:

My IGname Denis, rank 8 atm. 
  • starpino77starpino77 Member Posts: 44 ✭✭
    greddy said:
    nel1978 said:

@Tesseracthh @ZotZe
    Is this bracket open?
  • AJTheCaveManAJTheCaveMan Member Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just joined a pretty new US bracket about 90 mins ago that had 75 users. Just checked and it's at 80 now, with #1 @12-0 w 202 pts, #3 @12-9 w 98 pts. Pretty good looking bracket if anyone is looking to join mid-event.

I'm just in 80th farming scraps to upgrade my diesels.
  • greddygreddy Member Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @starpino77 no, it is closed since this morning. 
  • kaje73kaje73 Member Posts: 156 ✭✭✭

Anyone in this bracket?
  • binnerbinner Member Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭
    kaje73 said:

Anyone in this bracket?
    How many people are in that one? And what are you running? I may want to avoid that one seeing some of those names lol
    binner said:
    kaje73 said:

Anyone in this bracket?
    How many people are in that one? And what are you running? I may want to avoid that one seeing some of those names lol
    Same here, please let me know when its filled up
    Tnx!
  • Destroyer2k11999Destroyer2k11999 Member Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaje73 said:

Anyone in this bracket?
    @kaje73 thats me 59720 up there but im letting Rob Montano take first, his hand is stronger and i dont want to fuse more, Ive been avoiding you this whole time as well.
    kaje73 said:

Anyone in this bracket?
    @kaje73 thats me 59720 up there but im letting Rob Montano take first, his hand is stronger and i dont want to fuse more, Ive been avoiding you this whole time as well.
    Cheers mate - thought I recognised your number. Don’t think I have a hand for T1 so will be happy to hang on for T2. 
  • sinnersinner Member Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gonna enter once my QX is maxed , how terrible is this hand? 
    binner said:
    kaje73 said:

Anyone in this bracket?
    Only 100 in here so far. Running this. Don’t really want to put more fuses into these. 

sinner said:
    I got more or less the same, got a F-Pace at 333 im swaping your GLC since I dont have it
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Member Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭✭✭
    T3 I imagine? 

• binnerbinner Member Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 1
    kaje73 said:
    binner said:
    kaje73 said:

Anyone in this bracket?
    Only 100 in here so far. Running this. Don’t really want to put more fuses into these. 

Hmmm I guess I could join then and team up with you guys. This will be what I'm running

Edit* I joined and am with you and @Destroyer2k11999

Post edited by binner on
    sinner said:
    I got more or less the same, got a F-Pace at 333 im swaping your GLC since I dont have it
    How you getting on? 
    sinner said:
    sinner said:
    How you getting on? 
    Havnt joined yet, waiting on the next bracket...  might join in thw next 2 hours, we see :)
    sinner said:
    sinner said:
    How you getting on? 
    Havnt joined yet, waiting on the next bracket...  might join in thw next 2 hours, we see :)
    Haha, ok man. I may end up with you 👍
  • ZotZeZotZe Member Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    greddy said:
    nel1978 said:

@Tesseracthh @ZotZe

My IGname Denis, rank 8 atm. 
    Racing all day long Place 4 
  • RWareRWare Member Posts: 416 ✭✭✭
    Anyone here?