General Discussion

Game update 28th june

lemmings99olemmings99o Member Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭✭
So what's this new update my phone is downloading now?

Comments

• TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Member Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It did not fix any of the auto save problems for me  :/
    It did not fix any of the auto save problems for me  :/
    Specifically, of the 3 current events, only the Prelims is remembering my last hand and when the app is closed and restarted I lose my saved hands
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Member Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Member Posts: 500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I let you guys check out the latest beta. not gonna install it, things might get worse following former updates lol.
    Nah, the real reason is... its just plain boring without cash to do stuff. Enjoy your weekend folks!
  • greddygreddy Member Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Autosave hand doesnt work.. My daily hand still switching to 80s hand. 
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I installed it. It's not like I'm playing anyway so I have no idea if its changed anything.
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Member Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Auto saving hand seems to work for me following the update
  • GilTrucksGilTrucks Member Posts: 375 ✭✭✭
    Auto saving hand seems to work for me following the update
    For me nothing has changed, wrong hands appear on all sides ... it is getting tiresome to choose the same hand 5x in a row for the same event.
  • Hutch_TimHutch_Tim Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 600 admin
    Sorry for the lack of communication there - we had to evacuate our office for the entire afternoon due to a gas leak in a nearby building, on today of all days. At least we got the update out first! (This is also why the Austin Winner's challenge didn't get its usual pre-flight final check).

So yes, this update should fix the hand auto-remembering feature, the persistent notification requests for expiring cars, and the Toureg/Touareg problem while we’re at it. You will need to play some matches in each event for the auto-remembering fix to kick in.

We made this fix as quickly as we could because we could see how annoying it was to reset your hand all the time. We’ll be completely honest and admit, knowing how code works, that this does mean it’s possible that it’s not completely fixed (even though it now works under the scenarios it didn’t before, when we’ve been testing it). Rather than wait until after the weekend to be sure, we decided to push the update out now. We figured a good chance of it being fixed over the weekend was better than no chance.
  • OzzmanOzzman Member Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems to work for me with the events that just started. So far. Fingers crossed.
  • RWareRWare Member Posts: 416 ✭✭✭
    Tim, the hand bug is still there.

1st Event, Clubs, saved my hands from before.
    Changed it up, did 5 races. It saved my 'ran' hand each time, which is good.
    Went into Daily, played 1 race and it did save my uncommon hand from 30 mins ago.
    Went into Mazda event, loaded my Daily hand...
  • Hutch_TimHutch_Tim Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 600 admin
    RWare said:

Went into Daily, played 1 race and it did save my uncommon hand from 30 mins ago.
    That sounds like you only played the Mazda event once so far then? The way the fix has worked in test, now you've played the Mazda event, that hand should stick. Let me know if it doesn't.

I'd like to assume the quietness of this thread means most people are fine...
    Tim, I have only just updated.

So whilst the post above refers to the first race in each event since the Update has installed, the races were the 6th in each event since they opened.

Perhaps this is why. I'll update either way as I get more tickets.
  • MSteeLMSteeL Member Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 28
    Sorry, wrong thread
    Hutch_Tim said:
    RWare said:

That sounds like you only played the Mazda event once so far then? The way the fix has worked in test, now you've played the Mazda event, that hand should stick. Let me know if it doesn't.

Why would you assume that Tim?  Look at the first two comments I made in this thread.  Many people have just become numb to the pain of it not working or have taken the weekend off from playing or quit altogether (I'm not being hyperbolic).  I have tested in every way and variation possible with different settings, going back and forth between events, restarting the app, etc.  The fix did not work (iOS).

-  Autosave does not work in Events, Clubs or Challenge
    -  If you change your hand on the second ticket then the third will sometimes go back to the first ticket
    -  Saved hands are lost when app is restarted so you can't even have that lifeline shortcut
    -  Sometimes randomly it will seem like it is working, then all goes haywire again
    Still deleting my saved hands and still reverting back to my challenge hand every time i play the daily
  • JayJay Member Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:
    Sorry for the lack of communication there - we had to evacuate our office for the entire afternoon due to a gas leak in a nearby building, on today of all days. At least we got the update out first! (This is also why the Austin Winner's challenge didn't get its usual pre-flight final check).

So yes, this update should fix the hand auto-remembering feature, the persistent notification requests for expiring cars, and the Toureg/Touareg problem while we’re at it. You will need to play some matches in each event for the auto-remembering fix to kick in.

We made this fix as quickly as we could because we could see how annoying it was to reset your hand all the time. We’ll be completely honest and admit, knowing how code works, that this does mean it’s possible that it’s not completely fixed (even though it now works under the scenarios it didn’t before, when we’ve been testing it). Rather than wait until after the weekend to be sure, we decided to push the update out now. We figured a good chance of it being fixed over the weekend was better than no chance.
    Does it fix the tickets not refreshing fast enough in the Austin Weekend Challange?
    Hutch_Tim said:
    RWare said:

Sorry Tim, the fix hasn't worked

Entered the Daily and it loaded my Austin Hand...
  • NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Member Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:
    RWare said:

I'm sorry Tim, but mine is broken still as TopDrives40778 and RWare described above 
  • NumarNumar Member Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:
    RWare said:

Lol this comment is way too much , been playing this game daily since 2 years , now i dont play much cause i dont like any of the new changes so dont take my silence for beeing fine , i’m not , i’m just away...
    Continued playing and still seeing the same issues, I'd say the patch hasn't changed the bugs with hand selection or deleting saved hands at all on my game, on Android in EU server if it makes any difference 
  • StealthFTStealthFT Member Posts: 256 ✭✭✭
    Played a good number of tickets today but the Qualifier reverts to my hand for the Daily event from yesterday, each ticket. So no, the "fix" doesn't work.
  • Twinkie_8iTwinkie_8i Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
    edited June 29
    Hand resets after EVERY **** ticket!!!
    Dont you even test your "patches"
    What is this?
    And then we have the austin challange that we cant even complete
    I really have the feeling you doesnt care for anything and the only thing youre getting done is offering cf packs
    What a shame
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Member Posts: 176 ✭✭✭
    It's still deleting my saved hands and reseting my handy after every race
  • Sherby90Sherby90 Member Posts: 289 ✭✭✭
    I think it works for me, but only on events started (first entered) after updating like challenge and daily. The weekend event is still broken
  • MoogMoog Member Posts: 322 ✭✭✭
    Likewise, playing just the daily event only, my hand reverts to an old one each time. My saved hands from yesterday has also disappeared. iOS
  • binnerbinner Member Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm only entered in the daily event right now but everytime it keeps reverting to my Austin hand after I play