General Discussion

Economy balance update, 28th June 2019

Comments

• LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Member Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would imagine the people at RQ150 <500 aren’t active players, basically they can’t be, every leaderboard is 80% full of people that enter, race once or twice then don’t race again. 
  • RobGripesRobGripes Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:

RobGripes said:

The <500 RQ150 group should be relatively small. Without having gone the multiplayer aspect for very long, this group don't have much experience to compare the previous situation vs now. They also have rapidly improving garages at the beginning and so their daily income will improve each week, without playing more. Late-game players garages rarely improve. 

Just to inform on this bit - there are actually more RQ150 players with trophies <500 than with trophies >6000!
    Well I'll admit that really does take me by surprise! I know >6000 is not going to be the majority but I did think we'd number more than this group. However, I still do believe at early-stage, those players' garages will be improving more rapidly than late-stage players and so their improving income doesn't tell you what is due to the additional game mode and economy rebalance. 

Either way, I also don't encourage you to look solely at the >6000 group, which are long-term, active players. I think trophies also give a misguided view of the data, as the more trophies a player has, the more successful they've been, and you can infer the rest.

However, length of time playing (let's say >6 months) and time spent engaged each day at present compared to before PL8/9 release dates are quite possibly the most compelling to Hutch, whatever the story ends up telling you.

As well as that though, it's quite clear what forumers are saying. I saw the comments on the current TD show's comments page and they clearly share the same sentiment as found here. Someone asking you guys to increase the value of prizeboards is going to win a CF pack they getting so many 'likes' that's for certain.
  • grandvachegrandvache Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:

Just to inform on this bit - there are actually more RQ150 players with trophies <500 than with trophies >6000!

That there are more of them I find entirely believable.  How many of them are active accounts? How active are they? I'd bet reasonable money that the 500=>6000 trophy accounts play many more active total races per day (passive race totals might be different, these may well be the people getting smashed in low participation club events with 200+ losses
  • TopDivesTopDives Member Posts: 593 ✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:
    The sample sizes are sufficiently large, and knowing how much some of you smarfed, at least a few of you are in that the top 1% - but it's true the 1% might be too extreme. I'll check larger groups (top 10%, top 11%-20% maybe?) and specifically the oldest players next. 

Also as I said, statistics are ever the whole story. Even if earnings remained similar but felt worse, that's not a great sign. 
    I'm glad you are communicating more lately, so kudos. 

1% is far less data than the 99%. It doesn't matter how big the sample size of that 1% is. 

Example, Sample size 1 million.
    10,000 students scored a perfect 100 on the exam. (1%)
    8,000 students scored a zero in the exam. (0.8%)
    982,000 students scored mixed grades. (~98.2%)
    The mean grade for top 1% was 100%. The mean grade for bottom 1% was about 1%. The mean grade for the 98% was 42%. The mean grade for 10-90% was 48%. 

Conclusion. Teacher was drunk when preparing the exam.
  • aleale Member Posts: 79 ✭✭
    I have always considered myself very active in the game going to use tickets at most.  If I play as first I earn much less than before.  Your hutch stats are ridiculous.  It is obvious that now a nerd who wants to play 20 hours a day earns more than before.  But that consumes all the tickets (already plays so much) can not earn less.  Your problem is that you want to counteract the smurf.  These are ridiculous boards you must at least double the prizes.
  • jczerojczero Member Posts: 655 ✭✭✭✭
    BoxtaS said:
    If I’m supposed to be earning 10-15% more cash, why am I completely broke?
    I haven’t even bought any packs.
    Don’t blame hutch for your drinking and gamble issues. 

PS, tell me where to get hookers in the game, I’ve enough cash stored 
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Member Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jczero said:
    BoxtaS said:

I only drink to numb the pain of playing clubs 
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Member Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jczero said:
    BoxtaS said:

• TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Member Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoxtaS said:
    jczero said:
    BoxtaS said:

And to say things twice 
  • MikeTransistorMikeTransistor Member Posts: 1
    This game has two good reason to play to lose:

The first one is farming credits to upgrade cars and open new packs. As the game gets more content, it is harder to get the cars we need. I agree that inflation is a bad thing, but for every new car added we need more money... in other words, new content generate a kind of economy distortion that make the same amount of credit less valuable.

The second reason that makes play to lose a viable tactics is the current trophies structure. There is no reason to collect them and the best thing to do is keeping their count as low as possible or it will be impossible to win in the future when the 6k threshold is reached.
    For a whale it will be not a problem, but for a "normal" player the only good reason the raise the number by 500 is winning a final.
    We should also remember that good cars are hardly found in ceramics, so they are hardly worth a trophy increment, the best way is winning a ceramic every now and then and losing a lot of events to keep our trophy count as low as possible.

Lowering the prize board income and raising the final prize, Hutch is trying to avoid the "too much money problem", but with the content inflation this is probably not a real issue.
    If Hutch wants us to play in a competitive way has also to rethink completely to the trophies, at the moment there too many people (and I am one of them) play trying to keep a good balance between income and trophies.

I'm pretty sure that with the new daily event prize many players are avoiding the first 10 position and are fighting to stay between 11 and 30... 2k credits and 30 golds are not worth 10 trophies
  • Huskic69Huskic69 Member Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i will stop playing this game until they change these boards, the change was just ridiculous 
  • SchmidtiSchmidti Member Posts: 152 ✭✭✭
    Ozzman said:
    Here's a little something that your stats will never show. For the first time since I've been playing I feel a big loss of motivation. I don't have the time to play clubs, and even if I did, it would probably be boring. My GR hand sucks, and will continue to do so, for the next months to come. The excitement of opening ceramics and maybe, maybe not getting a useless superrare is seriously reduced now as well. I just don't feel it's worth the time right now.
    Feeling the exact same way. 
    I'm still active - i'm still playing.
    In your numbers my account might look like before right now.
    But it's less rewarding - it's less fun... 

• LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Member Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ll probably run nearly a complete stock Peugeot line up in the one that starts tonight. 
  • hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We all invest in this game a lot, some do it with time others with cash (I'm all in on both😅 ). The balancing of the two brings always the hottest debates. We should be aware if one of them loses the other wins. But I couldn't hear any F2P user celebrate when gold prizes were globally equalized, which meant for the majority a massive raise. Also I couldn't hear any P2W user celebrate when recently farming became harder. Than we should also be aware that both actions increased the (virtual) value of our existing garage.

Speaking of value. Yes I like cheap CFs too. But let's imagine for a moment what would happen if the price would be reduced to 500G. Would it change anything? Yes, it would. It would decrease the value of your existing garage. Everybody would get more packs for their gold and more great cars. And soon after that, UR and Epic events would be as stagnant as rare and lower events are today, because too many would be able to build a perfect deck. Not something we like and it wouldn't change the ratio between players.

So you could come to the conclusion that it's actually better to do the opposite. That would be to raise the price for a CF or you could generate the same effect by raising the price of gold and lowering at the same time the yield of farming.

Yes, from an emotional point I don't like both of them either. But think about it.
  • mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch and Math are 2 things that lives in parallel universes