General Discussion

A new kind of whale

James_PearceJames_Pearce Member Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
I’m sure we’re all seeing it in events, but there are so many players now whose hands and trophy count are completely at odds. The issue over prize boards and the sustainability of F2P and P2P is underlined by these kinds of players, who are clearly spending heavily in order to boost their garage. Two in my Daily bracket today:

Less than 12,000 trophies, but a 969 P1 (so has been playing for at least the last 11 months), a 966 12C, and 969 GT. 

969 Veyron, 969 650S, 969 SCG, and again less than 12,000 trophies.

I can’t begin to imagine how much money they are throwing at this to have enough Epic food to max so many legendaries. I’ve got over 40,000 trophies, and in 18 months of playing haven’t maxed one single Legendary. Given their low trophy count they must only be playing the main prize car events, and avoiding anything else that might boost their trophies.

If prize boards remain at their current levels, we might as well all pack up, as players like this will just buy their way to every prize car.

Comments

• MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Member Posts: 180 ✭✭✭
    Let me present you my fellow smurfers:

• RWareRWare Member Posts: 417 ✭✭✭
    Proof trophies mean absolutely nothing and bracketing events by trophies is absurd. Especially when I am fighting for the same prizes versus 100,000 trophy players...
  • RobGripesRobGripes Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think lower trophy players have the same prizes as high trophy players. That means when we fight for a CF and a UR car in the prelim, so are they but in far easier brackets. 
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Member Posts: 507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noticed the same, many low trophy players with very good garages, and upgrades in the legendaries.
    This is a random sample as i just entered the daily and was greeted with this and better. Iirc finals with prizecars reward 1100 trophys alone, so pretty good to have at least these two with just 7k.

• greddygreddy Member Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before those multiple CF offers, when i entered the event i scrolled through leaderbord and checked players and i instantly knew if i am gonna finish tier 1 or 2 or 3. Now you face players you didnt saw before with unreal strong garages with really low trophy count.. 
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Member Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need a name for these new-to-game, super-garaged, low-trophy,  unknown-named whales. 

Maybe “whale-bots”?

• TopDivesTopDives Member Posts: 593 ✭✭✭
    Whale-poops. That's what i call them  :D
  • James_PearceJames_Pearce Member Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RobGripes said:
    I think lower trophy players have the same prizes as high trophy players. That means when we fight for a CF and a UR car in the prelim, so are they but in far easier brackets. 
    Agreed, and presumably they’re dominating those Qualifiers and Prelims, before going on to win P1s, SCGs and 918s in the finals. And then they’re maxing them, while most of us have to save what Epic food we have for Legendaries that can be used in future Finals, as opposed to using it on every Prize car. It takes me weeks or months to get enough Epic food for a fuse or two, not least because I need to keep a lot of the Epics that I pull! 
    This is just a product of the real problematic inflation in this game that hutch refuses to admit to, acknowledge and or fix...multiple CF offers for every single event 🤷
    I think Hutch consider ‘inflation’ to mean ‘players getting good cars without paying’ so CFs bought with cash are A-OK 
  • AntounAntoun Member Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really think Hutch should let the players buy CF with IG Cash, which will surely help f2p players in their quest of getting a better garage...
    ^ agreed, even if it’s for 250k a go. I need 300 food URs right now to max my Epics. Impossible to max just the essentials at the moment 👎
  • BasilBasil Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    BoxtaS said:
    We need a name for these new-to-game, super-garaged, low-trophy,  unknown-named whales. 

Maybe “whale-bots”?

What about 'Wally's' => Refers to Whales and Wallets :-)

• Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me fighting to get into T3 in todays daily. Check out this sub 10k player with 2 maxed legs (huayra and ACR) and a few fuses in the others.

• baestbaest Member Posts: 454 ✭✭✭✭
    They must be spending a ridiculous amount of money...

I've definitely pumped some money into this game and at 48K trophies and more than a year under my belt, only one maxed S to show for it.

Something is amiss...
  • ZotZeZotZe Member Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What shall i say... just counted and i have already fused 342 epic cars into my legendarys..