Car Corrections

VW Golf GTi W12 Correction

ThatPorscheGuyThatPorscheGuy Member Posts: 73
So let's be honest, this car shouldn't be 29rq. It's way weaker than some of the new 4wd ruf and has way worse handling than other 29rq 4wd cars. 

But that's not why I'm here, the W12 actually is rwd not 4wd. Now normally evidence would be pretty hard to get. But no, this evidence came straight from EVO. Yes, that evo that is working together with hutch for car stats.

Link to evo article: https://www.evo.co.uk/volkswagen/golf/6541/volkswagen-golf-gti-w12-650
"When we catch up with the madcap 641bhp rear-drive Golf on an ex-Eastern Bloc air force base"

So seems like this W12 should go down to 26rq, since rwd its barely worse than the hellcat widebody. 

Comments

• TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Member Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been fixed for the next release - thanks.
  • ThatPorscheGuyThatPorscheGuy Member Posts: 73
    This has been fixed for the next release - thanks.
    Have you also considered increasing handling? The W12 has 84 handling while the way heavier and more drag oriented hellcat widebody has 85. Seems like making it 86 would make for a competitive 26rq.
    There is no data unfortunately, and 84 handling is already quite high for a VW Golf platform from 2007
  • ThatPorscheGuyThatPorscheGuy Member Posts: 73
    There is no data unfortunately, and 84 handling is already quite high for a VW Golf platform from 2007
    Will the mra be affected by the fact that its rwd and only weighs 1465kg, not 1600kg?

sources:
    http://www.topcarrating.com/2007-volkswagen-golf-gti-w12-650-concept.php

Addition information noted - thanks
  • Nacho101Nacho101 Member Posts: 438 ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry I respectfully disagree. A 2009 Renault Sport Clio 200 and a 2002 Renault Sport Megane have 85 and 84 handling respectively. I would wager a guess that the RWD Golf W12 has better handling than both these cars.

Curiously where does the handling stat come from? I hope its not simply a skidpad as this does not account for real world handling. They seem quite inconsistent,  for example I noticed a general theme of very low handling for Golf/Polo R/GTIs and overly high handling stats for Clio/Meganes.
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Member Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nacho101 said:
    Sorry I respectfully disagree. A 2009 Renault Sport Clio 200 and a 2002 Renault Sport Megane have 85 and 84 handling respectively. I would wager a guess that the RWD Golf W12 has better handling than both these cars.

Curiously where does the handling stat come from? I hope its not simply a skidpad as this does not account for real world handling. They seem quite inconsistent,  for example I noticed a general theme of very low handling for Golf/Polo R/GTIs and overly high handling stats for Clio/Meganes.
     isn't that the same golf that was deemed completely undrivable on any curve by top gear?
    Now, I do realize what kind of a show top gear is but this really clashes with a handling estimation similar to significantly more balanced clios
  • rafa3l722rafa3l722 Member Posts: 58 ✭✭✭
    Not just top gear. Literally the same evo article used above says this:
    "First pass around the corner gives understeer. Second pass, lift a little, twitch of the tail. Third pass, lift a lot, have massive spin, become engulfed in choking tyre smoke. Fourth pass: more circumspect, so back to understeer. Fifth pass: more speed, even bigger spin onto the grass, sliding sideways towards the lip of another section of concrete track. Phew. No flip. Nervous laughter. Sudden recall from my driver that this is one Golf GTI where the dents won’t just polish out."
  • Nacho101Nacho101 Member Posts: 438 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 23
    Nacho101 said:

isn't that the same golf that was deemed completely undrivable on any curve by top gear?
    Now, I do realize what kind of a show top gear is but this really clashes with a handling estimation similar to significantly more balanced clios
    I stand corrected. Probably should have done more research before commenting. Although I wonder how many concept cars in this game are actually true to their handling stats