Skip to content

Viper GTS-R Finals - Dodge (Event)

Comments

• evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:
    Basil said:
    I could max the second F-type and the sls roadster. Should I, or is it not worth it without the rq30 RUF?
    And honestly, is the prize actually worth spending most of my food?

I'm asking myself the same question (although a bit too late after spending my food on a KTM's and buying some CF's as I don't have a hand that will keep me in T1:-( ). In my opinion you can only use ut in a Dodge event otherwise it will be smashed with min. 2 Bugatti's. Even in an American event I would get smashed with Hellcats.
    That's if you consider it only as a drag car. It's got natural 95 handling, it's counterpart would be 962c rather than any bugatti. I do have the sgc, however, filling a similar niche and being better at that too...

I'm just worried that I'll spend all of the food and the next final turns out to be for S1 quattro or something else as good.
    Top Drives Show is coming in late again with our demo, but just to gives you the heads up, here's what I see when I test it out against a maxed Hellcat on drags:

Hellcat 996  Viper 333  Viper 633  Viper 363
    1/4m 10.63 10.60 10.47 10.47
    1/2m 16.37 16.33 16.20 16.17
    1m 26.23 26.33 26.10 26.07

So the Viper GTS-R beats a maxed Hellcat on 1/4m and 1/2m, and needs one Fuse to take the 1m.

[Edit: our, not out]
    haha, remember when we thought that it has 'decent' mra? 
    Let the fusing begin.
  • bantel_catbantel_cat Posts: 968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No twistymobile equals no chance for me... stress-free weekend at least.

Will have to use the Miray I finally pulled in the Prelim... 969 or 699?
    No twistymobile equals no chance for me... stress-free weekend at least.

Will have to use the Miray I finally pulled in the Prelim... 969 or 699?
    699 wins more, though I haven't checked what is more useful in this event. Also, there's at least one track on every set where miray would do fine. not sure about monaco hairpin but other than that it's safe.
  • BasilBasil Posts: 366 ✭✭✭
    Don't get me too exited !!! I just had a 1-4 ticket defeat . Place 19 at the moment :-(
  • LEGENDNADALEGENDNADA Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting 🤔
  • Evil_RabbitEvil_Rabbit Posts: 279 ✭✭✭

Interesting 🤔
    Its really bad, the R8...  there is really no use for it at all in this event. 
    Btw, I have one in my lineup...
  • sinnersinner Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone here to avoid? 
  • StrixStrix Posts: 99 ✭✭✭
    Yet another F-Type Roadster event. Seems pretty impossible without one or two of them with the heavy drag focus. Maybe I'll have to late join again. Guess I'll run with something like this:

1x Audi R8 Spyder V10 (111)
    1x Lotus Exige S (121)
    1x Porsche Boxter Spyder (111) - Could upgrade this, but not worth it if I can't fight for T1 anyways, so..
    1x Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport (233)
    1x Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport (323)

Strix said:
    Yet another F-Type Roadster event. Seems pretty impossible without one or two of them with the heavy drag focus. Maybe I'll have to late join again. Guess I'll run with something like this:

1x Lotus Exige S (121)
    1x Porsche Boxter Spyder (111) - Could upgrade this, but not worth it if I can't fight for T1 anyways, so..

Yet another? The only others I remember are the prelims and the jag final several months ago
    Strix said:

1x Lotus Exige S (121)

I don't know much about MRA but the MRA of the Corvette is bad. I have to use one as I have no better than that :-(. You can use 1 for the slalom and G-force though.

Is there a formula how to calculate the MRA? I went to the other forum (club) but I can only see the S-cars and some high A-cars. I can't see all the cars.

Thanks

edited August 2019
    Basil said:

Is there a formula how to calculate the MRA? I went to the other forum (club) but I can only see the S-cars and some high A-cars. I can't see all the cars.

Thanks

100 x (acc0_60 / (acc0_100 - acc0_60)) is the most common standard but this only applies to speeds up to 100mph. There seems to be a strong correlation with greater speeds though.
  • 43MK443MK4 Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basil said:

Thanks

100 * (acc0_60 / (acc0_100 - acc0_60)) is the most common standard but this only applies to speeds up to 100mph. There seems to be a strong correlation with greater speeds though.
    Or u can run a car on a 75-125 track to see a pure MRA, unrelated to 0-60.
    43MK4 said:
    Basil said:

Thanks

100 * (acc0_60 / (acc0_100 - acc0_60)) is the most common standard but this only applies to speeds up to 100mph. There seems to be a strong correlation with greater speeds though.

Any suggestion on a track ?
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basil said:
    43MK4 said:
    Basil said:

Thanks

Any suggestion on a track ?
    Bavaria 4 or Stuttgart 9.

• MSteeLMSteeL Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:
    Basil said:
    I could max the second F-type and the sls roadster. Should I, or is it not worth it without the rq30 RUF?
    And honestly, is the prize actually worth spending most of my food?

I'm asking myself the same question (although a bit too late after spending my food on a KTM's and buying some CF's as I don't have a hand that will keep me in T1:-( ). In my opinion you can only use ut in a Dodge event otherwise it will be smashed with min. 2 Bugatti's. Even in an American event I would get smashed with Hellcats.
    That's if you consider it only as a drag car. It's got natural 95 handling, it's counterpart would be 962c rather than any bugatti. I do have the sgc, however, filling a similar niche and being better at that too...

I'm just worried that I'll spend all of the food and the next final turns out to be for S1 quattro or something else as good.
    Top Drives Show is coming in late again with our demo, but just to gives you the heads up, here's what I see when I test it out against a maxed Hellcat on drags:

Hellcat 996  Viper 333  Viper 633  Viper 363
    1/4m 10.63 10.60 10.47 10.47
    1/2m 16.37 16.33 16.20 16.17
    1m 26.23 26.33 26.10 26.07

So the Viper GTS-R beats a maxed Hellcat on 1/4m and 1/2m, and needs one Fuse to take the 1m.

[Edit: our, not out]
    So when will we see the Demon fix? Or are we slowly gonna see all other AD prize cars take him over in drags?? 
    Is Olivier Paultret a forum member, I recognize the name? 
  • StrixStrix Posts: 99 ✭✭✭
    Strix said:
    Yet another? The only others I remember are the prelims and the jag final several months ago
    Not very recently, but that car beats so far above its class it makes these events seem rather pointless for those of us who don't have it. There are a few other cars like it, like the Furai and Challenger Hellcat, but they were at least easier to obtain (was few epics from those manufacturers). The Jag final kind of hurts, had thre legendaries and two or three good epics, but not the Roadster, so didn't stand a chance either way. It was a British final around the same time as well if I remember correctly? Either way, I don't really like it when it's obvious from the second you see the track sets exactly what cars will be the deciding factor.

Basil said:
    Strix said:
    1x Lotus Exige S (121)

I don't know much about MRA but the MRA of the Corvette is bad. I have to use one as I have no better than that :-(. You can use 1 for the slalom and G-force though.
    The MRA is very poor, but I don't really see any better
  • TopDivesTopDives Posts: 756 ✭✭✭✭
    binner said:
     For using ktm's on the non drag tracks is 969 or 699 the better tune? 
    Anyone?
    TopDives said:
    binner said:
     For using ktm's on the non drag tracks is 969 or 699 the better tune? 
    Anyone?
    I went 699 on my RR. It wins slalom apparently, but can't test it as no one has a different tune in my group . 
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone keep an eye out for a 1/2 mile time for a 99x merc SLS? Thanks 
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone provide 699 Miray times for these tracks?  Thanks in advance!

Standing G-Force (Stuttgart 4.1)
    Indoor Karting (New York 4.2)
    Monaco City Streets Long (Monaco 10.5)
    Monaco Hairpin (Monaco 5.2)
    Standing Slalom (Stuttgart 7.1)
  • EAmaralEAmaral Posts: 54 ✭✭✭
    TD01055 said:
    Can anyone keep an eye out for a 1/2 mile time for a 99x merc SLS? Thanks 
    16:93
  • TGPDTGPD Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are the Asian brackets full yet? Aiming for a join some time tomorrow.
    TD01055 said:
    Does the SLS at 699 or 996 bet the jag on any/all of the drags?
    SLS loses only at the 30-130mph track to jag if both 99x (not only drags)
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    EAmaral said:
    TD01055 said:
    Thanks all. Looks like I’ve gotta 993 SLS on the way
    EAmaral said:
    TD01055 said:
    Really? Sls is a better dragger? 

EAmaral said:
    TD01055 said:
    Really? Sls is a better dragger? 
    Yes, in the tracks of this event SLS is better. I have tested both f-type and SLS with 996 setup, and the jag wins only that one.
  • grandvachegrandvache Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, anyone in this bracket with me?