Skip to content

Viper GTS-R Finals - Dodge (Event)

Comments

• bobdylanbobdylan Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Must of been , same here 5th to lord knows what , didnt even tell me , didnt show me the cards I won they just appeared in my car won . 
    I'm fuming if it turns out that I didnt win because I am basically kicked out of the server thanks to last minute players who buy there way into top 8
  • StrixStrix Posts: 99 ✭✭✭
    Moog said:
    I was running 2nd, [black out], finished 14th. Were some people able to play during the blackout?
    Probably, server didn't seem dead, just extremely slow to the point where it was pretty unplayable. I bet some races went through though, and others might have been aborted, making the final result pretty random. Not only for fresh brackets either.
  • tichoblintichoblin Posts: 950 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the only solution for what happened and to satisfy player base Hutch should do a re-run for the finals with small tiers 1-5 for the first tier, and small owners club for who got it.
    As I can see from hutch reaction, they don’t think they owe us smth.
    re-run is not in the spirit of the game.
  • 0liver770liver77 Posts: 360 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Earning more money from packs and tickets + Spending less money on communication and IT infrastructure = More cash for hutch owners !
    Conclusion: Let‘s buy Hutch shares!!!
  • bertmcfishbertmcfish Posts: 233 ✭✭✭
    Has anyone had a reply from support relating to last night’s server outage?
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't and don't don't know anyone who has
  • DabigpDabigp Posts: 688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't and don't don't know anyone who has
    Me neither, I thought maybe I haven’t received a reply because I was too emotional yesterday after the event...anyway I dont care much, Havent played much the whole day today, as Im slowly loosing interest on this game and its 10000 bugs and issues
  • erjuitoerjuito Posts: 112 ✭✭✭
    They have not responded to me either, I was ninth and I have claimed tier1 won all from fifth place. Between Friday so anger is evident and more with the lack of response of any kind to anyone. In my opinion tier1 to 12, tier2 to 50 and tier 3 to 100 would be something fair to compensate 3 days of play thrown in the trash in 3 minutes because of servers that fail at all crucial moments, hutch fix it Once we are fed up already.
  • DabigpDabigp Posts: 688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If i was still into the game like before I would have answered, but honestly i got tired of it...
    I would like to read the answer the guys in my day 1 bracket got. There was a heated battle going on between 4 players for only 2 spots.
    They use latejoin as an excuse to blame players for everthing now, but its all on Hutch, their lacking server capacitys and bugged game.
    Even if you join instant after the event starts you can still be between two tiers in the final minutes of the event, do all people at this company think we are stupid to accept such answers?!
    Oh well, in a way we are stupid, as we seem to care more about this game then the devs.
    Not only is it possible to get in this situation in an early bracket, it's pretty much a given. The game is designed in such a way that it's often impossible to work up a safe lead, and I don't know if I have ever seen someone in a safe 8th position, no matter when they joined or how much they played.
  • grandvachegrandvache Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to read the answer the guys in my day 1 bracket got. There was a heated battle going on between 4 players for only 2 spots.
    They use latejoin as an excuse to blame players for everthing now, but its all on Hutch, their lacking server capacitys and bugged game.
    Even if you join instant after the event starts you can still be between two tiers in the final minutes of the event, do all people at this company think we are stupid to accept such answers?!
    Oh well, in a way we are stupid, as we seem to care more about this game then the devs.
    I wasn't in that situation this time round, but on every occasion where I've been on the bubble and server issues have stopped me playing (maybe 4-5 times over the last 18+ months) and I've ended up the wrong side of the line I've send a ticket and been granted the prize car.

I managed (with a little help admittedly) 5th place in my bracket running a non maxed RUF 3800, A maxed yellow boxter Spyder, a 1.3 exige and a pair of corvette grandsports.  

Late joining is IMHO cutting your nose off to spite your face.  The odds are so heavily stacked against you it's just not worth it.  That support are so good when you join early, and so unhelpful when you don't is just the cherry on top.

I've said before, I'm not convinced being abandoned by support is the best solution to late joining, but you an make a coherent arguement for it.  My guess is that someone at hutch likes nudge theory and doesn't want to actually FORCE people to join early, but REALLY wants to encourage them to. If the messaging was clearer on this from the beginning I suspect it would have seen more support too.

@Hutch_Tim @Hutch_Robin any comments? This is obviously official policy now, some clarification would probably help. At what point can we expect support to be there for us.  6hrs before the end? 24hrs?
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dabigp said:
    I got an answer from linda finally! She sent me my entry date, about 8 mins to go...
    then she argued that I would have had more chances for tier 1 if I joined earlier in a 3 days event...
    “it is rather risky to join late, because many people are doing so“. Dude what an excuse...
    Has anyone else already got an answer from support?
    Dabigp said:
    I got an answer from linda finally! She sent me my entry date, about 8 mins to go...
    then she argued that I would have had more chances for tier 1 if I joined earlier in a 3 days event...
    “it is rather risky to join late, because many people are doing so“. Dude what an excuse...
    Nope
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dabigp said:
    well, no. I asked them about the jag event which I joined right away but still got nothing so far.
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a reply although I wasn’t asking for the prize car, just 100 gold I spent on tickets and an upgraded Jag reward as I finished outside the top 10. Received both promptly. 
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didnt bother contacting support for the finals, as I was a late joiner I knew exactly what the response would be.

However, when I did contact recently regarding another event the response came with a request not to disclose details on the forum. I expect people are honouring similar requests by not disclosing any rewards/reimbursements.
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blue2moro said:
    I didnt bother contacting support for the finals, as I was a late joiner I knew exactly what the response would be.

However, when I did contact recently regarding another event the response came with a request not to disclose details on the forum. I expect people are honouring similar requests by not disclosing any rewards/reimbursements.
    I totaly understand that posting screenshots from the conversation is forbidden. But now talking about it also? Jeez
    I got a reply although I wasn’t asking for the prize car, just 100 gold I spent on tickets and an upgraded Jag reward as I finished outside the top 10. Received both promptly. 
    That’s all I’ve asked for - the top 80 place I lost out on having bought tickets I then couldn’t play. Not had a response. I joined the event the moment it started too!
    Basing this on complaints seems like a bad idea. Just apologize and grant the Viper to everyone in top 10, 12 or whatever.
  • bobdylanbobdylan Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dabigp said:
    I entered on the last day, not the last hour or the last 10 mins .

I got the same answer 

Sorry join earlier ! 

• hillclimberhillclimber Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I was about to write here something why hutch could be on radio silence. then I reconsidered and thought it might be better not to speak it out.

but let's assume they aren't just lazy, than I could only think of one explanation for that strange behavior. 
  • tichoblintichoblin Posts: 950 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Blue2moro said:

I guess they are afraid, that if someone decides to sue them, their “you should join earlier” won’t work in the court. Disclosure of getting the car from support may motivate some insulted players to punish hutch. And frankly speaking I would follow the process with interest.
    Post edited by tichoblin on