General Discussion

Teams/Clans/Clubs/Whatever - Events

TimButTimBut Member Posts: 841 ✭✭✭✭✭
@Hutch_Robin
@Hutch_Tim

hi guys. You perfectly know that most of 30k+ trophies players are separated on groups of friends/local contry groups/forum/discord/facebook etc. Some just have ingame friends.  Currently in most of events there are always several "friendly" players who are trying to secure t1 and possible avoid t2 players if they are also friendly.  IN brackets it looks like p1-p2 have 1000 points, p3-p4 have 300-500 points and below till p20-30 have 40-120 points.  For me its okay, since I usually get t1, but Im pretty sure its not okay for all others.  

When for the first time I faced with 2 players who were cooperating - I was totally mad and furious, since I could beat both of them, but couldnt get in t1 since my 5 tickets on 1 resulted in 10 tickets against me.  This was absolutely against any sportsmanship since its SOLO QUE, not TEAM.  After that I realized that I have to make allies here on forum.  Okay, no need to continue my story.

Nowadays in all competitive games PVP mode is separated on solo/party que because this is right. Parties always have advantage over solo players. 

Why dont we have such system in Top Drives?  Yes, we have clubs now, but in terms of teamplay - its totally irrelevant and cant be suggested as a teamplay mode, its just a mode for an endless gameplay and cash generator. And Im pretty sure that nothing can/would be done in the near future to change it. 

So my suggestions to improve gameplay are:

Teams. 
Player can registrate his own team with some standrad stuff like Team name, team logo, team rules, link to discord, etc.  Capacity about 10-30 players.  All team are closed to join, only by invite or by sending a request to join. 

Team membership perks.
Usual weekly challenges like "Get 5000 points in week", "Get 3 Tier1 in week", "Open x number of packs", "Make 100 wins with American cars", etc. If you complete all challenges by the end of the week all team members get some prizes like CF, special ceramics, slots, gold, cash, maybe discount on specific ceramic all next week.  Any perks of being an active team member would be good as for player so for Hutch. 

Team events
Only teams can join event. Each team have only 1 slot in tiers. There might be a lot of different types of events, like elimination (battle royale).  So in bracket table we dont have teams, we have players.  To exclude situations when there 20 players vs 5 - there can be differents restrictions for each event.  Or maybe just if even one players gets tier1 - all his teammates also gets t1 prize.  Here I think you can come up with some better ideas which will perfectly fit your economy. 

Parties
I know that for a lot of players it would be a problem to find team with required number of active members to be able to compete in all team events. So there might be also just Party que where I can choose 1/2/3 of my friends with who I want to join One bracket and play together there.  With such system I wouldnt have to "AVOID" my friends and hit the only one available player. 

Most of online games have such features from the realease or implement few months after release, there are lot of refference and you are quite experienced guys, so Im pretty sure its not an impossible thing to do. The longest part of implementation would take first steps of Business analysis and final testing/bug fixing.  Still I believe in you and hope this game is yet to develop in something bigger than usual routine time killer. 

Comments

• malsmals Member Posts: 99 ✭✭✭
    It isn't easy to do, but it could be great 
  • TD42792TD42792 Member Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love it when people gang up on others and call it “team play”
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Member Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is clubs still a thing? Thought it would be gone by now 
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Member Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoxtaS said:
    Haven’t played clubs for weeks, free gold every couple of days so can’t grumble. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played (well, sniped) a lot of clubs when I trialled the doubler last week. Without the doubler I've just gone back to single races 5 or so times a day when I can be bothered. Clubs is just too much work for too little cash.
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Member Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoxtaS said:
    Haven’t played clubs for weeks, free gold every couple of days so can’t grumble. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    I keep forgetting to go in for the freebies 👎