1978 Porsche 935 Moby Dick

2»

Comments

• TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noted for review, but the test times in the Road & Track article above are incredibly problematic (perhaps a typo or initial problems in testing) - you cannot have a 1/4 mile time of 8.9s with only a trap speed of 133mph.  That kind of trap speed with that much horsepower and weight would have a 1/4 mile time of around 10.9s.  Regardless, it is noted for review.
  • thebigbadwolfthebigbadwolf Posts: 184 ✭✭✭
    Noted for review, but the test times in the Road & Track article above are incredibly problematic (perhaps a typo or initial problems in testing) - you cannot have a 1/4 mile time of 8.9s with only a trap speed of 133mph.  That kind of trap speed with that much horsepower and weight would have a 1/4 mile time of around 10.9s.  Regardless, it is noted for review.
    What about the 962C then? Should the Moby beat it on the straights? Currently, it Already wins some drags, with another buff, the hierarchy might be screwed?
  • JackyQuJackyQu Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭✭
    What about the 962C then? Should the Moby beat it on the straights? Currently, it Already wins some drags, with another buff, the hierarchy might be screwed?
    Not gonna argue with their aero dynamics, the Moby D1ck have 65bhp more and 54 lb ft more on paper, maybe the Moby D1ck can win on short straights?
  • juan_cruz_96juan_cruz_96 Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    Actually, the hierarchy was "corrected" a few patches ago, but it's still wrong. Currently it goes like Moby < 962 C < 917 in terms of MRA, when it should be 917 < Moby < 962 C. The 917 is ~0.8 sec slower to 60 than the others and has more than 200 HP less, but with 110 MRA  it eats the Moby in 1/2 mile, and that's not right. I don't know if it can catch the 962, but it'll be close.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 6,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 22
    So, that’s not right.  Granted, my Moby is 363, but a mod to weight does not drop more than 0.7 in the half mile.

• milewski1015milewski1015 Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    333 Moby 1/2 mile

• juan_cruz_96juan_cruz_96 Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    My bad, I recalled some different results, maybe before the first correction.
  • JackyQuJackyQu Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Both Stock