Ceramics Anonymous

Comments

• xaratsarhsxaratsarhs Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    My name is Harris and I am an ceramaholic.
    It started as a daily entertainment but it turn out as an addiction. I am trying hard to save for the next update, the goal was not so difficult just over one million, currently bouncing between 90.000 and 142.500 ,ah great I can buy an other one!
    CU!

• bantel_catbantel_cat Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 18
    All I can say is 'Be Strong', you can do this.

I too used to count the minutes until I had enough cash to score another Ceramic, longing for the fleeting moments of joyous anticipation it would bring.

But then I had an epiphany moment and realised the damage I was doing to myself and others (now I just spend hours playing sodding clubs!).

Be warned though, as you detox from your Ceramic cravings, a new desire will take its place. 1 Million will never be enough, you'll want 2, then 3.
  • PulsatingstarPulsatingstar Posts: 154 ✭✭✭
    The only way to stop the cravings is seeing 0 garage space. Still never selling C's
  • mikesmikes Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I can say is 'Be Strong', you can do this.

I too used to count the minutes until I had enough cash to score another Ceramic, longing for the fleeting moments of joyous anticipation it would bring.

But then I had an epiphany moment and realised the damage I was doing to myself and others (now I just spend hours playing sodding clubs!).

Be warned though, as you detox from your Ceramic cravings, a new desire will take its place. 1 Million will never be enough, you'll want 2, then 3.
    This is me right now. Saving saving for the next update. Then, when it hits, struggling to part with all that money I saved.
  • bantel_catbantel_cat Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only way to stop the cravings is seeing 0 garage space. Still never selling C's
    This. I hate selling Cs, but I don't want to spend gold on Garage Slots either!
    So it is the eternal struggle, never have good Bs to upgrade. So I end up selling little used D, E, F to make way for new Cs which just sit there. Though I do now have 2 Bs to upgrade... hurrah 30 slots to free up
  • sinnersinner Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, me again. It's now been just over 24hrs since my last pack opening. I'm now  past 200k for the first time in a while.

I've been trying some of the methods which have been shared in this group, some have helped, some haven't.

I even, I'm ashamed to say tried Graham's advice of playing some clubs to bolster my cash flow... I know I've let a lot of people down by doing this. I can only apologise and try to do better in the future.

The cravings are still there, and I've nearly opened pack on multiple occasions today.
    One day at a time I keep telling myself.

Thanks to every that's shared here I know it not easy.

Stay strong 
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Days since last cash ceramic: 0. Must try harder.
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that i pulled an epic Bmw today will make it very hard to stop for me now. I know the good run is coming.
  • ZotZeZotZe Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello, my name is.... wtf. .Sorry i entered the wrong room.  Bye
  • grandvachegrandvache Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

One ceramic everytime I save a 100k.  The GR update caught me on the hop a little and I only had $1.5m... I've been in full on saving mode for a while now and will hit $2m this week.  I managed $5m for the FR update.  

Premium packs ARE ****, I've just kinda resigned myself to that, despite the conversation I had with @Hutch_Matt I still think it's pretty low that they're both worse AND more costly.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 5,027 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also agree that I hate Premium packs.  With that said, will you buy premiums when the next update drops?
  • grandvachegrandvache Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    I also agree that I hate Premium packs.  With that said, will you buy premiums when the next update drops?
    Probably.  It served me pretty well with the AD, FR & GR updates, I'll just feel ever so slightly exploited while I do it.
  • RWareRWare Posts: 758 ✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    Ditto. But what other options are available if the update is heavily focused on one country?
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a nice amount of cash yesterday by finishing first in the Peugeot and the CF events. Haven't opened a ceramic since then, it's really hard, but I'll try to resist. I'm a bit over 500k right now. Can't imagine how I managed to save up to 4m before the FR update. It seems impossible now.
  • MoogMoog Posts: 371 ✭✭✭✭
    I was quite content sat at work working away and I thought I'll just pop on the forums to see what's going on. Now I have a need to buy ceramics. My internal policy is that I hoard cash until I have 4mill and anything over that gets split between upgrading my queue (I have three queues saved) and buying ceramics. Looking at my cash I have 60k over my 4mill line, so I guess I gotta spend it.
    RQ18 Nissan X-Trail.
    Damn you people!

• HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 5,027 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moog said:
    I was quite content sat at work working away and I thought I'll just pop on the forums to see what's going on. Now I have a need to buy ceramics. My internal policy is that I hoard cash until I have 4mill and anything over that gets split between upgrading my queue (I have three queues saved) and buying ceramics. Looking at my cash I have 60k over my 4mill line, so I guess I gotta spend it.
    RQ18 Nissan X-Trail.
    Damn you people!

Queues?
    HeissRod said:
    Moog said:
    RQ18 Nissan X-Trail.
    Damn you people!

Queues?
    Saved hands with the cars he wants to upgrade maybe? That's what I do. Easier than trying to find them in the garage each time.
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inspired by posts above i started saving. I was happy to reach 33k fast, and bought a ceramic. Next try.
  • chemineecheminee Posts: 40
    Blue2moro said:
    HeissRod said:
    Moog said:
    RQ18 Nissan X-Trail.
    Damn you people!

Queues?
    Saved hands with the cars he wants to upgrade maybe? That's what I do. Easier than trying to find them in the garage each time.
    That's a good idea! I wish there was a button that shows maxed/nonmaxed cars. Saves a lot of time and gives us a good overview what cars to upgrad
    Blue2moro said:
    HeissRod said:
    Moog said:
    RQ18 Nissan X-Trail.
    Damn you people!

Queues?
    Yes, I have 3 saved hand, one for rare, SR and UR. Anything above that is only upgraded on demand.
    When cash and food weren't a concern that's exactly how I used my saved hands. Nowadays I only ever have 1 card I'm working on at a time so it's a bit pointless. I've stopped upgrading anything below B too. They're pointless cars now except for the handful of obvious ones.
  • Nacho101Nacho101 Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭
    I have virtually the opposite problem to everyone here - I have packphobia. I'm so fearful of disappointment that I am too scared to open any packs... I even hold off opening event prize packs for as long as I can - for fear of the inevitable poop that will drop, taking up further garage slots... Oh the vicious cycle

Suffice to say I'm at 3.2 mill in cash as a result - and thats whilst not earning much these days due to 're balance' and generally playing less.
  • Evil_RabbitEvil_Rabbit Posts: 226 ✭✭✭
    Hi Dr Phil, its been two days since my last ceramic....
    The Force is weak in this one but Im trying really really hard to fight the urge of spending that very last cash on the precious ceramic.
    I can still feel the excitement in my fingers when I push buy and started to open. First card, second card, third card, fourth cars a SR!  Omg, this might be it, a Epic or even, or even a Legend!  But no, another SR... and a car that I already have had 5 of...  the disappointment is killing me, why did I do it? I could have saved for upgrades, or saved a stack of cash for THE Update, whenever that arrives....

Please help me, Im 80K up now... But that shinny buy me button is haunting me...

Please Dr Phil, help me!
  • TimButTimBut Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, I just bought GR CFs in which I expected to get Legendary.  Now I seriously feel like in next ceramics im gonna get it. Im at 630k.  But update is near and I have to keep money.  I have to. 
  • chemineecheminee Posts: 40
    For the guys who saved up millions: do you do the same with gold?
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 20
    After almost two days of Ceramic-sobriety, sitting on more than 600k cash, I finally decide to finish the weekly challange. Open the Ceramic, feel the excitement, but tap on each card with lowered expectations. But on the fifth card, oh, the horror: MUST... STAY... STRONG!
    cheminee said:
    For the guys who saved up millions: do you do the same with gold?
    I have done in the past, but I 'went for it' recently for a prize car so don't have any left.
    For the FR update I had $4m cash and 15k gold saved. That way I "only" had to buy as 12k gold pack to be able to buy the first set of FR packs that were available.
  • TimButTimBut Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    its much harder to keep gold, never could pass 6k barrier.