Ceramics Anonymous

Comments

• David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cheminee said:
    For the guys who saved up millions: do you do the same with gold?
    I farm gold rather than cash and I’ve been bouncing between 4k and 10k between finals. It’s hard but I ignore all “offers” other than finals packs. Managed to stay f2p and win all prize cars since the Bugatti. 
  • 43MK443MK4 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I now pretty much buy ceramics once I have 32k. For FR update I saved 12.000.000+ ... and bought ceramics for all of it (80% French premiums).
    the result was 1 very traumatic pack opening hour in my 2 years TD gameplay. Will never to it again. Scarred for life haha
  • FortressFortress Posts: 18
    My problem is that I don't stop when I'm on a bad roll and I sell all non essentials till I get something I'm satisfied with. It's an itch that needs to be scratched...  Just sold fully upgraded SRs, rares, UCs and commons for 27 packs.  
  • Ivo_KamburovIvo_Kamburov Posts: 788 ✭✭✭✭
    43MK4 said:
    I now pretty much buy ceramics once I have 32k. For FR update I saved 12.000.000+ ... and bought ceramics for all of it (80% French premiums).
    the result was 1 very traumatic pack opening hour in my 2 years TD gameplay. Will never to it again. Scarred for life haha
    Yeah these Premium packs are bad, just go for ceramics imo
  • bantel_catbantel_cat Posts: 898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cheminee said:
    I farm gold rather than cash and I’ve been bouncing between 4k and 10k between finals. It’s hard but I ignore all “offers” other than finals packs. Managed to stay f2p and win all prize cars since the Bugatti. 
    You must have incredible luck. I follow a similar strategy and the only Prize I have in recent memory is the 8C to go with my 5 x 4C, god how I hate those feckers!

Do you later enter, or a more normal join time?
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cheminee said:
    You must have incredible luck. I follow a similar strategy and the only Prize I have in recent memory is the 8C to go with my 5 x 4C, god how I hate those feckers!

Do you later enter, or a more normal join time?
    Pretty random, had luck with early and medium joins. Only done one properly late (7min) join and it was horrible, don’t need that stress! I used to spend a bit (f2p since FR update) so have a decent epic garage.  I only fuse for finals so I can normally put together a competitive hand of maxed epics. For this to work I need to spend every cent on ceramics for food so I’ve never been that interested in saving millions
  • Evil_RabbitEvil_Rabbit Posts: 229 ✭✭✭
    Hi Dr Phil, its me again...   

Im sorry but I fell of the wagon and bought a Golden Ceramic...

Now I feel more depressed then ever, SR RQ15...

O'lord please end this now!
    So guys, how many in here had dreams about opening packs?
    I recall I did couple of times haha
  • StrixStrix Posts: 71 ✭✭✭
    Pretty random, had luck with early and medium joins. Only done one properly late (7min) join and it was horrible, don’t need that stress! I used to spend a bit (f2p since FR update) so have a decent epic garage.  I only fuse for finals so I can normally put together a competitive hand of maxed epics. For this to work I need to spend every cent on ceramics for food so I’ve never been that interested in saving millions
    Pretty much based on the old garage then. On average you need to open a little more than 100 ceramic packs in order to max one epic car. If you need to upgrade a couple epics for each final, that's pretty difficult (I'd say impossible) to achieve as F2P with the finals so close together.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strix said:
    Pretty much based on the old garage then. On average you need to open a little more than 100 ceramic packs in order to max one epic car. If you need to upgrade a couple epics for each final, that's pretty difficult (I'd say impossible) to achieve as F2P with the finals so close together.
    I’d go with impossible to drum up 3,250,000 cash between finals as F2P.
  • sinnersinner Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So nearly a week since I last fell off the wagon. I've amassed half a million in cash, even though I didn't really get a chance to play this weekend.

Still haven't spent any cash on packs, but  I've won a couple of ceramics and a carbon fibre, got the usual rubbish pulls.

Still feel like i could crack at any minute and splurge the lot though 😂
  • grandvachegrandvache Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sinner said:
    So nearly a week since I last fell off the wagon. I've amassed half a million in cash, even though I didn't really get a chance to play this weekend.

Still haven't spent any cash on packs, but  I've won a couple of ceramics and a carbon fibre, got the usual rubbish pulls.

Still feel like i could crack at any minute and splurge the lot though 😂
    Stay strong.
  • TimButTimBut Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    guys, I failed. As only. zi reached 1.2m point, I couldn't resist a desire to open few ceramics. After one small thought I caught myself on openening ceramics. I managed to stop only when 600k cash left.

Pulled Ford GT by the way. Pull is great, but it's my 4th duplicate
    “RARITY CHANGES PL 10”

is

the thread I’m waiting for and hoping to see every day haha
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 519 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm currently saving cash in hope that an update drops soon...it's so hard to resist ceramic packs.
    But I'm still staying strong.
  • TGPDTGPD Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the Miray from a Subaru Special... so I'm not going to complain about ceramics in a long time!
  • hajduk_fanhajduk_fan Posts: 293 ✭✭✭
    Every time i broke down and decide to buy one, i'm actually hoping for bad car because if i get good one i'll go for another one and then again and again :smiley:
    TGPD said:
    I got the Miray from a Subaru Special... so I'm not going to complain about ceramics in a long time!
    Please don't tempt me.
    TGPD said:
    Please don't tempt me.
    Statistically pulling a Miray from a Subaru premium is less likely than pulling a legendary in a ceramic.
    TGPD said:
    TGPD said:
    Please don't tempt me.
    Statistically pulling a Miray from a Subaru premium is less likely than pulling a legendary in a ceramic.

Bildergebnis fr so youre telling me theres a chance
  • SSVSSV Posts: 65 ✭✭✭
    Not to be an enabler, but I’ve got a theory...
    The Megané and the Dezir are about to go up in Class from ‘C’ to ‘B’...
    You know what that means...?
    The odds of pulling a B class from a French ceramic have just gone through the roof!!!

SSV said:
    The odds of pulling a B class from a French ceramic have just gone through the roof!!!

Not as such, it's just that the odds of pulling a specific B car has gone down spectacularly.
  • SSVSSV Posts: 65 ✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    SSV said:

Not as such, it's just that the odds of pulling a specific B car has gone down spectacularly.

But until the update drops, there’s a 1 in 9 chance of pulling a Megané or a Dezir!
    Now I’ve just got to work out how to save $42,000...
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I've made it to 800k. Now do I blow the lot on French Premiums chasing the odd Dezir/Megane going up to B (hoping for a Bugatti along the way)...or save that cash for Italian packs post update...argh!
    Also it's worth noting that Spider and Alaskan are going to be super rare after update
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I caved and bought 10 French Premiums. No Dezirs or Meganes. I got 10 Cs and 2 Bs, all food.
    Blue2moro said:
    Well, I caved and bought 10 French Premiums. No Dezirs or Meganes. I got 10 Cs and 2 Bs, all food.
    Thank you for helping me not to buy French ceramics. I'm sorry for you.
    i bought 2, got DeZir (my fifth) in first and then some DS in second
  • FortressFortress Posts: 18
    I actually posted this on a TD discord channel, but here's what i got from 50 packs
    CERAMIC FR Expected Difference %
    # 50      
    UNCOMMON 138 136.125 1.9 55.2%
    RARE 43 50.763 -7.8 17.2%
    SUPER 64 56.150 7.8 25.6%
    ULTRA 3 5.663 -2.7 1.2%
    EPIC 2 1.050 1.0 0.8%
    LEGENDARY 0 0.250 -0.3 0.0%
    Total 250 250    

The epics were a Megane Trophy and DS9 (both new to my garage).
    Got 4 DeZir and 3 Megane IV's.
    Total of 10 UR (after PL10) and 2 Epics (banana is a unicorn for me).
    Also got some Spiders and Rendezvous for extra buff/nurf cash.

My UR pulls (3) was poor but some1 else might get even better results =) 

Also  - the $2.1mil would net you 65 ceramic packs and would average 9 UR's and 1.6 epics so id say its a good investment if you have the money and the effort.