Skip to content

PL 10.0 - Italian Renaissance Discussion Thread

Comments

• TGPDTGPD Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there any reason why we got so few B class class cars, many pretty similar cars and this huge amount of legendarys? Pretty topheavy, means the majority of players will never own the main part of the new update cars.
    game's called top drives for a reason
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    Is there any reason why we got so few B class class cars, many pretty similar cars and this huge amount of legendarys? Pretty topheavy, means the majority of players will never own the main part of the new update cars.
    game's called top drives for a reason
    Thank you, now i know.
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Part of the licensing maybe. Cant be having too many lambos that arent the best of the best.
    Blue2moro said:
    Part of the licensing maybe. Cant be having too many lambos that arent the best of the best.
    I was thinking the same, that maybe each new manufacturer wants to sit on top of its class. And ofcourse it keeps people hunting cars, as there is always a new sheriff in town.
    I really like the Lancia offroaders, but looking at the distribution it seems rather unlikely that a Lancia OR event can happen.Either op or meh.
    But maybe there isnt much inbetween for some manufacturers? Im no expert on that field, just dropping cards.
    So my question wasnt to critizise the flood of legendarys, but trying to understand the spread.
  • ManUtdTobbeManUtdTobbe Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d rather have a game with manufacturer claimed Lambos then a game without Lambo.
    Anyone else getting missing tier rewards in all events?

• LEGENDNADALEGENDNADA Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No rewards for me to
  • rkorallerkoralle Posts: 733 ✭✭✭
    I was 1st in daylie, 150 points ahaid, got t2.
    Was 1st in the cf event, got t2.

So yes, i am missing something...
  • VatumaVatuma Posts: 20 ✭✭
    O__VER said:
    I'm not sure if it's just me but I find the new filters annoying to use. Having to scroll just to get to manufacturer for example... it's more clicks than the old filter to do anything. Also, what's with the size of those buttons? Surely there's a more efficient use of screen space to be had?

This is the first thing I thought about. 
    Hey, @Hutch_Tim, @Hutch_Robin, if you don't have an UX designer I could help you.
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vatuma said:
    O__VER said:
    I'm not sure if it's just me but I find the new filters annoying to use. Having to scroll just to get to manufacturer for example... it's more clicks than the old filter to do anything. Also, what's with the size of those buttons? Surely there's a more efficient use of screen space to be had?

This is the first thing I thought about. 
    Hey, @Hutch_Tim, @Hutch_Robin, if you don't have an UX designer I could help you.
    Yeah likewise. I'd be happy to help or even just review UI/UX designs to help avoid these weird decisions Hutch keeps making.
  • h0verh0ver Posts: 11
    I'll post here since I have no answer to ticket (made 3 days ago) or the bug section of this forum.

I'm experiencing many problems since the last update :smile:
    - got kicked constantly from "Sightseeing tour" event, meaning I lost an interesting amount of gold that will prevent me from buying the last Italian package, meaning I loose chances on the next event (seriously, an italian renaissance event 1 week after the update? clearly it's written "buy buy buy" everywhere).
    - picking cars in and out of slots is extremly laggy...
    - battery is drained much faster
    - even more worrying, it may be complete hazard but I can't get my battery to be fully charged... 

This game starts to suffer what I call the "World of Tanks syndrom". I mean, changing the meta every 2 or 3 months to encourage buying of new cars, rather than working on weaknesses...
  • RWareRWare Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭✭✭
    h0ver said:
    battery is drained much faster
    - even more worrying, it may be complete hazard but I can't get my battery to be fully charged...
    Battery draining faster, could be plausible but I've not noticed anything. It could be worth checking your device config and seeing if the update reset a device level setting that you may have had which put apps to sleep etc

Battery not reaching fully charged? That's no way an app/update fault.
    RWare said:
    h0ver said:
    battery is drained much faster
    Battery draining faster, could be plausible but I've not noticed anything. It could be worth checking your device config and seeing if the update reset a device level setting that you may have had which put apps to sleep etc

Battery not reaching fully charged? That's no way an app/update fault.
    Several players on a FB page have noticed the battery draining, so I guess i'm not an isolated case.

Concerning the full charge, I would be surprised too. I've uninstalled the game to try a full charge today, I'll let you know what happens.
    edited October 2019
    I noticed the battery draining aswell. thought it must be sth with my device, but after reading this i will check whats up.
    Android 8
  • TimButTimBut Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes, I have same issue with battery draining on Android 
    Android, Galaxy S9+. Game has used almost 14% for my 36 minutes play so far this morning. That seems absurdly high?

edited October 2019
    Depends on the background usage. If that is just calculated for the 36m, yeah it's way too high.

Well my phone was on the bedside table for a good 7 hours of that time.
    Right, but backgrounded apps will use battery. You can set Android to kill off backgrounded apps, or just force close the app when done playing.

This should perhaps help with battery consumption

Why is the PL9 thread still stickied and this one isn't? If theres time to spend obliterating entire accounts and suppressing valid discussion threads then there should be time for some very basic day to day forum moderation.
    RWare said:
    Right, but backgrounded apps will use battery. You can set Android to kill off backgrounded apps, or just force close the app when done playing.

This should perhaps help with battery consumption

Sure it would help, but still, in the very same conditions than before PL10, the battery consumption has became really high...
    edited October 2019
    Well, as strange as it may sound, my phone is once again able to charge to 100% once TD is uninstalled... weird...

Post edited by h0ver on
    h0ver said:
    Well, as strange as it may sound, my phone is once again able to charge to 100% once TD is uninstalled... weird...

Are you saying that with TD installed, and not running, your battery only charges to a certain percent even when plugged in for hours?
    RWare said:
    h0ver said:

Are you saying that with TD installed, and not running, your battery only charges to a certain percent even when plugged in for hours?
    Exactly. Last night, TD installed, not running (using the "clear all" function before sleeping), charging for 8h, which is usually sufficient even for my phone (6000mAH), I can't go further than 70/72% of battery charging. Already tried to restart the phone, but no effect.

This morning I uninstall the game, battery at 40%, 4hours later, the battery is full.

I'll see what happen now.

On the other hand, no effect from the reinstall for the laggy selection of the cards to the slots.
    h0ver said:
    RWare said:
    h0ver said:

Exactly. Last night, TD installed, not running (using the "clear all" function before sleeping), charging for 8h, which is usually sufficient even for my phone (6000mAH), I can't go further than 70/72% of battery charging. Already tried to restart the phone, but no effect.

This morning I uninstall the game, battery at 40%, 4hours later, the battery is full.

I'll see what happen now.

On the other hand, no effect from the reinstall for the laggy selection of the cards to the slots.
    I see what you're saying, and I'm not trying to sound condescending but theres no way an app is causing battery charge issues when its plugged in.

Either your having intermittent problems with your cable, or battery itself.