Challenge Season 2, October 2019 - June 2020

Comments

• hifichrishifichris Posts: 441 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Hi guys ;)

• LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Each to their own but unless you are a collector keeping all those low end cars is pretty useless, there’s a core of about 25 in each class below UR you need to keep, the rest are just a waste of garage space. Keep them stock until you need them and as said, invest in ceramics.
    Even if you are a collector it’s a bit pointless as you’ll struggle to collect UR and above as you waste all your cash upgrading dross. 
  • hifichrishifichris Posts: 441 ✭✭✭
    Each to their own but unless you are a collector keeping all those low end cars is pretty useless, there’s a core of about 25 in each class below UR you need to keep, the rest are just a waste of garage space. Keep them stock until you need them and as said, invest in ceramics.
    Even if you are a collector it’s a bit pointless as you’ll struggle to collect UR and above as you waste all your cash upgrading dross. 
    Most of my cars are 2.1 2.1 2.1 in rare and 3.0 2.3 3.0 in uncommon and below. Leoni paid these upgrades for me.
    These cars help me to be mvp most of time in club events, that s my first income source now.
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It used to be important to keep a low level garage just to be able to compete in formula fun events. It's not nearly as important these days but in 100-130rq events it often is important to have a lower rq filler and you never know which one will be needed. I also prefer to keep a wide selection of low rq cars. I only upgrade them when needed though.
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    It's good to know I'm not the only one who has problems with selling already maxed (or even just upgraded) cars. I probably have a lot of cars I've never used, but I just can't sell them. It feels like cash thrown out of the window. But I stopped upgrading cars below UR since the FR update, unless I really need them. Now that (thanks to the nerfed prize boards) getting D/E/F cars is much easier, I'm not even keeping much of these new cars. Having shorter, lowRQ events with a decent prize would change that for sure, just sayin'.
  • TimButTimBut Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sold almost all maxed cars below UR when GR Update dropped. Then I mostly recovered it and now I sold even more. Considering the result - that was a bad decision
  • ManUtdTobbeManUtdTobbe Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like having a diverse garage and it does come in handy from time to time, obviously not as often lately.
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TimBut said:
    I sold almost all maxed cars below UR when GR Update dropped. Then I mostly recovered it and now I sold even more. Considering the result - that was a bad decision
    Me.
  • TGPDTGPD Posts: 6,027 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Edit: Was surprised how you can compete, till i realized these are just the maxed cars, not the total number.
  • AntounAntoun Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But 220 cars in total is pretty "weak"...
    edited October 2019
    Hm, I just checked that I can sell all Supers, Rare, Un, Co and get 2.7m more. Maybe should I also sell all stock Super rares, hmmm 
  • Twinkie_eeTwinkie_ee Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
    TimBut said:
    Hm, I just checked that I can sell all Supers, Rare, Un, Co and get 2.7m more. Maybe should I also sell all stock Super rares, hmmm 
    I often sell stock SRs because i dont have that many URs to max...
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭✭✭

After 2 years.... no money for upgrade, only for ceramics 😂😂 and my f/e/d garage was kicked update after update.... 
    I sold all C, D, E, F.  Feel much better now. 
  • BasilBasil Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    Can't the cars you have to collect be 'blocked' so you can't sell them? I had 5 Austins but I have used one accidently as food without me thinking i need it for the moby dick,... so sad !!! Do it for guys like me , please :-)
  • Twinkie_eeTwinkie_ee Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
    Basil said:
    Can't the cars you have to collect be 'blocked' so you can't sell them? I had 5 Austins but I have used one accidently as food without me thinking i need it for the moby dick,... so sad !!! Do it for guys like me , please :-)
    Ask support to give it back🤷‍♂️
  • DannyDanny Posts: 624 ✭✭✭✭
    Basil said:
    There’s a clever little function called a lock button?
    Danny said:
    Basil said:

I know,.. but when you forget to 'lock' it,... you have no idea how I cursed myself when I found out and when,.. yes,.. right before I needed it :-).
  • RWareRWare Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basil said:
    Danny said:
    Basil said:

I know,.. but when you forget to 'lock' it,... you have no idea how I cursed myself when I found out and when,.. yes,.. right before I needed it :-).
    There's literally a function they introduced to halt people selling certain cars. If you forget to use this feature......I'm not sure what Hutch can do.
    RWare said:
    Basil said:
    Danny said:
    Basil said:

There's literally a function they introduced to halt people selling certain cars. If you forget to use this feature......I'm not sure what Hutch can do.

That's because when you get the cars, this lock is off,.. you have to think of it to lock them. I waould rather see it the other way around. You need to unlock them so that you can use them to fuse or sell. In that way you will not do something wrong when you forget. But that's me :-).
    Well, that's personal preference then :-). In the end I woudl rather see a button 'fuse' so that you can put the cars you want to use for food in a seperate garage :-).
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sad to see a lot of those low end cars not get used aside from rounding out a top-heavy hand
  • Hutch_TimHutch_Tim Posts: 648 admin

So for Season 3, Arc 4, we will need 2 VW buses and 3 of the next cars (Alfa Spiders)?
    Good point, it says the pattern will continue, but it's ambiguous if it means the Austin pattern or the Arc pattern.

Season 3 will have it's own Arcs 1, 2 and 3. Season 3 Arc 1 final prize will require 2x 1970 Type 2's, 2x 1979 Type 2's, and 3x whatever it is we give out each month in Season 3 Arc 1. The important part of the pattern is any consecutive run of 3 Arcs puts you in the running for the end  prize of the 3rd arc.

That's the current plan - we will of course judge how this plays out and may make some adjustments for Season 3.

Blue2moro said:
    Do we have to keep 3 of each of the VW buses? Say I win 3 but sell 2 of them can I still enter to win the Mini?
    Oh, you do need to keep them! It said "have won 3" but you actually need to still have
     3 to qualify (via a "3x 1970 Type 2" requirement in a stage in the challenge). I've edited it to just say you need them.

HeissRod said:
    TimBut said:
    by the way, there are some players who already have that acura. Are they gonna get second one? 
    I'm wondering that, since I already have one.

BTW, you can ask the same thing about the Mini as well.  It was given away in September of 2017, as a tier 2 prize.
    Yes, players who already have the Acura and the Mini will get a second one!

(I've got an Acura myself, and it has come in moderately handy, although not as much as I thought now I check: Owned for 709 Days, Total Races 621, Win Ratio 64%.)

Basil said:

My preferred feature for this is to have an extra confirmation dialogue when you try to sell a prize car, that puts the confirm button on the left instead of the right to really stop you from going ahead without thinking. I'd also be tempted to add one to Legendaries (and possibly even Epics and Ultra-rares) with some text to try to dissuade new players from thinking selling an S for Ceramics is a good idea. Our 'quality of life' list has a subsection which is more features to help newer players, and I thought this idea was already there but I just added it!

Meanwhile, it's nice to see people using the filters as a way to summarise their garages! It's also an interesting thread to be discussing the diminished utility of lower-rarity cars, because the Austin Challenge series did test you a bit on those in the weekend challenges...

• HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Acura has had a little bit more use, but roughly same win ratio